The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

rider

as Kratos
No, I cant change to 1280x1024 setting in free version. That 13676 is the score with GT 650M DDR5 version.

Wait for the har score he will upload 3D Mark 06 in default 1024x768 setting tomorrow.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I am following this thread from starting. I too finalized dell 15r. But now i think 550P will be better. But i'm not sure yet. Because i don't know about ASS of samsung. I have to buy laptop this month. Shall i finalize samsung? I want suggestions from members and specially owners.

ultimategamer

Broken In
Nvidia 650m GDDDR5 3DMark 11 score P2947 and P3248

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-16GA score: P2947 3DMarks

*i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q509/jakubp12/1200core1650mem.jpg

cracked.phoenix

Right off the assembly line
So here are the benchmark for witcher 2 @ medium settings 1366*768
Min. 9
Max. 39
Avg. 24.379

I did a speed run from geralt's camp in the beginning to the trebuchet, pausing every five seconds to look at the surroundings. I also skipped the cutsceens...

PS: I found the gameplay to be highly playable.
Note: I used a vannila copy of witcher 2. Not enhanced edition

Broken In
I went with 17R SE for the Aluminium lid and the superior service of Dell :cool:. I mostly use my laptop for movies and series and occasional to moderate gaming.So I chose the 17" screen with 650m.

Also service was my top priority.I went with dell after knowing that there is only one Samsung service center in Chennai. :-o

But ur discussions make me wonder if I had made the wrong decision.....Keeping my fingers crossed :-?

nikhildewan

Broken In
I don't think i will go with Acer or Asus .
Already checked with Dell as i started a thread with this.
HP Envy 15 Is cool but its i5 processor , i7 was the 2nd Gen, n cost is also near to Sony.
But this Samsung one is the clear winner but only in Gaming aspect other wise like Rider said

vaio model is better for:
weigh just 2.0 kg overall, build quality, display, reliability, quality and brand image.

I think i will pass Samsung this time n go for Sony.

My friends calls my room as Samsung Showroom coz every electronic product i brought is of Samsung. I don't want One more to my Samsung collection.

Thanks all for suggestions.

And thanks a trillion to Rider . U r a life saver man.

Next week i will get my Lappy i will review it soon.

I am also in the same condition as yours, so eagerly waiting for your reviews... please post the same benchmarks as har has posted for his samsung lappy. I need to select between these two only. And pics also.:)

abhishekmaha

Broken In
I hope this awesome laptop doesn't get sold out before I get a chance to buy it !!! Sadly, that will take until at least until 19th to confirm...I have to make sure of my college seat first...Will it still be in stock then? :-(:|:-(:|

ToxicSerpentz

Broken In
now i don't even know if this is possible or not, but what would be the difference in the price and performance of the laptop if a HM77 chipset was used along with 32 gb ssd with intel smart response and would the samsung tech guys do it?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
now i don't even know if this is possible or not, but what would be the difference in the price and performance of the laptop if a HM77 chipset was used along with 32 gb ssd with intel smart response and would the samsung tech guys do it?

Explain properly please, I didn't got it.

OP
har

har

In the zone
3DMARK06 software download always gets an error at around 90% :-x Downloading via torrent now :|

Nvidia 650m GDDDR5 3DMark 11 score P2947 and P3248

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-16GA score: P2947 3DMarks

*i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q509/jakubp12/1200core1650mem.jpg

Oh The temps are really high :shock:
i7 version ??

I am also in the same condition as yours, so eagerly waiting for your reviews... please post the same benchmarks as har has posted for his samsung lappy. I need to select between these two only. And pics also.:)

Am getting it next Tuesday, So wait till Tuesday nite. Hope i have not taken any wrong decision:| .

OP
har

har

In the zone
Temperatures after 3dmark06
*img836.imageshack.us/img836/8696/aftet3dmark06.jpg

3DMark06 Scores:Much higher than I expected :)
*s10.postimage.org/nzny37rux/3dmark06.jpg

Detailed link for 3dmark06:
*3dmark.com/3dm06/16767463

Good drivers are gonna make the score go even higher in the future I guess :-D

Last edited:

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
har said:
Temperatures after 3dmark06

Good drivers are gonna make the score go even higher in the future I guess :-D

I think so!
:razz:

Do you have witcher 2?
I dont know why in hell its heating up the i7 version.
:-x
I was all for the i7, seems like I have to settle with the i5

ultimategamer

Broken In
OMG!! your CPU package crossed 100*C :shock: and GPU max temp is 81*C :shock:

3DMARK06 software download always gets an error at around 90% :-x Downloading via torrent now :|

Oh The temps are really high :shock:
i7 version ??

Its not samsung and not mine its highly overclock nvidia 650m in Retina MBP(Bootcamp)

It only shows what nvidia 650m is capable of at that score it also beat stock nvidia 670m(P3029.3) and AMD 6970M(P3066 ) which are very high end card in notebook.

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
@ultimategamer : Thank god!!!!!!
:-D

@HAR :
Your 3dmark06 res was 1280x800
rider's was 1024x768

I think that's what made the difference.
Maybe.
:-?

OP
har

har

In the zone
@ultimategamer : Thank god!!!!!!
:-D

@HAR :
Your 3dmark06 res was 1280x800
rider's was 1024x768

I think that's what made the difference.
Maybe.
:-?

13000+ is an extremely high score. Even 7730m's score only 9500. I think rider has updated to latest very stable drivers which increased his scores. Wait till good drivers for gt650m come out :mrgreen: Its gonna go up to 16000's :-D

Its not samsung and not mine its highly overclock nvidia 650m in Retina MBP(Bootcamp)

It only shows what nvidia 650m is capable of at that score it also beat stock nvidia 670m(P3029.3) and AMD 6970M(P3066 ) which are very high end card in notebook.

Thank god !! I thought it was samsung !!

Top Bottom