The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

girishpaiv

Journeyman
@har and @girishpaiv
Check my windows experience rating.

*img94.imageshack.us/img94/4015/dwdwdd.png

windows experience measure lowest component in the hardware, in may case it is 750 GB 5400rpm HDD.

so windows experiance index is a crap!!!:-x:p
(7 for 550p ,6.6 for 15r se,7.1 for 6770 )

OP
har

har

In the zone
so windows experiance index is a crap!!!:-x:p
(7 for 550p ,6.6 for 15r se,7.1 for 6770 )

Guess so :lol:

BTW while playing,fps suddenly went down to 15fps for 1 sec and then went back to normal 100fps. I dunno if thats a problem or just the game loading :-?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
har sorry i didnt read any post...congrats for the new lappy :D is it 900p screen? HOW ARE THE SPEAKERS?
:D
i thought its made of aluminium :p doesnt look like plastic...temps are normal...congrats :hyper:

OP
har

har

In the zone
try farcry 2 (u have that no?) its avg 29.7fps for 7730m at full max and Dx10

Will do now !!
Update in half an hour or less :-D

har sorry i didnt read any post...congrats for the new lappy :D is it 900p screen? HOW ARE THE SPEAKERS?
:D
i thought its made of aluminium :p doesnt look like plastic...temps are normal...congrats :hyper:

Its plastic but everyone is fooled into thinking its metallic till they touch it.

Screen is jaw dropping awesome:1600*900 matte and display is BRIGHT !!

Speakers:GOD'S SPEAKERS !! Too loud and clear :-D Great for movies.

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Guess so :lol:

BTW while playing,fps suddenly went down to 15fps for 1 sec and then went back to normal 100fps. I dunno if thats a problem or just the game loading :-?

Must be HDD struggling to keep up with all that fast hardware :p
I hope samsung used a msata drive. Hate dell for using msata in US version and normall HDD in India :(

har, do a crysis benchmark. If thermals comes out to be stable then this lappy would be undisputed champion in this range. way better than dell for gamers.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
:hyper: :hyper: lolz tell me what are you doing now? please tell the performance of crysis on 900p resolution? its really a badass game in graphic performance :D

and ****ing samsung won indian hearts...they released 900p resolution in asian market and gave USA a 768p resolution :p
lolz...i witnessed this kind of partiality towards indians for the first time :D
will you be able to sleep today at night? :p

RON28

Cyborg Agent
one more thing i would like to say...btw intel HD 4000 is not bad...u would play games of 2007 or before...on it... :D

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Let him play first. Installing the game may take around 10 minutes then another couple of minutes to fiddle with games seconds. Then half an hour for proper test and then some time for uploading pics. Thus you should give atleast 1 hour for every game.

OP
har

har

In the zone
Must be HDD struggling to keep up with all that fast hardware :p
I hope samsung used a msata drive. Hate dell for using msata in US version and normall HDD in India :(

har, do a crysis benchmark. If thermals comes out to be stable then this lappy would be undisputed champion in this range. way better than dell for gamers.

CRYSIS tmrw.

FARCRY 2
With physix,8x aa and everything else at high getting 30-35 fps
Temp:gpu was 62 degrees i think but it came down rapidly. And I played in normal mode not turbo mode(they are power modes which changes fan speed and stuff)

Would have played longer but the game was so damn boring. Loads of endless driving :p

pic:
*s14.postimage.org/8l30vkrz1/temp2.jpg

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Ha Pulled the plug on Dell Inspiron 15r SE, I called up dell and canceled the order:p....dell promised delivery by 9th n now they said it'll take another few days, so canceled it......I went to a local dealer n booked this samsung beauty:mrgreen: will get it by tomorrow morning.....The screen is just beautiful at 1600x900 :razz:....and its way thinner than the 15R....there's no backlit keyboard:| but that's no Deal breaker ...

Top Bottom