The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

ultimategamer

Broken In
I dont know why in hell its heating up the i7 version.
:-x
I was all for the i7, seems like I have to settle with the i5

Its not temp of samsung it is temp of highly overclock nvidia 650m in Retina MBP(Bootcamp) with intel core i7 3720QM

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
@ultimategamer : Thank god!!!!!!
:-D

@HAR :
Your 3dmark06 res was 1280x800
rider's was 1024x768

I think that's what made the difference.
Maybe.
:-?

Yea that's true, that does make a big difference, higher the resolution lower the score. btw are you getting this lap?

13000+ is an extremely high score. Even 7730m's score only 9500. I think rider has updated to latest very stable drivers which increased his scores. Wait till good drivers for gt650m come out :mrgreen: Its gonna go up to 16000's :-D

Yea lets hope with better drivers it can achieve 16000+, but it really doesn't matter:p 13000 is more than sufficient ....btw is it a 6 cell battery? I'll be getting mine in an hour :-D, did you get any accessories with it??

OP
har

har

In the zone
Yea that's true, that does make a big difference, higher the resolution lower the score. btw are you getting this lap?

Yea lets hope with better drivers it can achieve 16000+, but it really doesn't matter:p 13000 is more than sufficient ....btw is it a 6 cell battery? I'll be getting mine in an hour :-D, did you get any accessories with it??

Yes 6 cell. battery life quoted by windows is 5-6 hours. Pretty good :-D

I got a free keyboard and mouse :-D and 2 year warranty Excellent dealer !!

rider

as Kratos
Its not samsung and not mine its highly overclock nvidia 650m in Retina MBP(Bootcamp)

It only shows what nvidia 650m is capable of at that score it also beat stock nvidia 670m(P3029.3) and AMD 6970M(P3066 ) which are very high end card in notebook.

I didn't say it is samsung, I can see that it has DDR5 graphic memory in the GPU-Z. Some other guy start saying it is of core-i7 samsung. I thought it's yours, you should say before posting.
And what you are trying to prove, I know in OC any card can perform better than its above class cards. If nvidia GTX 670M or HD 6970M get OC it can beat OC GT 650M, simple. There is no need to show some doped benchmarks, where everyone is showing natural scores and btw generally apple macbook scores more with benchmarks than any other brand with same chip.

13000+ is an extremely high score. Even 7730m's score only 9500. I think rider has updated to latest very stable drivers which increased his scores. Wait till good drivers for gt650m come out :mrgreen: Its gonna go up to 16000's :-D

Thank god !! I thought it was samsung !!

Man, how you set the 1280x800 resolution in benchmarks, may be the software set this because of your 1600x900 native resolution. As the default free version is not able to change resolution to check benchmark. 13200 is nice score without official drivers, it will reach 14000+ in first official drivers, dont expect 16000+. And in the end it is just a benchmark, the real performance comes from the games you play sometimes score are only nice or bad in benchmarks.

OP
har

har

In the zone
I didn't say it is samsung, I can see that it has DDR5 graphic memory in the GPU-Z. Some other guy start saying it is of core-i7 samsung. I thought it's yours, you should say before posting.
And what you are trying to prove, I know in OC any card can perform better than its above class cards. If nvidia GTX 670M or HD 6970M get OC it can beat OC GT 650M, simple. There is no need to show some doped benchmarks, where everyone is showing natural scores and btw generally apple macbook scores more with benchmarks than any other brand with same chip.

Man, how you set the 1280x800 resolution in benchmarks, may be the software set this because of your 1600x900 native resolution. As the default free version is not able to change resolution to check benchmark. 13200 is nice score without official drivers, it will reach 14000+ in first official drivers, dont expect 16000+. And in the end it is just a benchmark, the real performance comes from the games you play sometimes score are only nice or bad in benchmarks.

I didnt change the resolution. It automatically selected it

OP
har

har

In the zone
This means it chose 1280x800 because your native resolution is 1600x900.
Please check 3D Mark 11 score.

Awww come on. I nearly became mad downloading 3dmark06. 581 mb and 3 times download showed error at 91%. Now 3dmark11 :-?

rider

as Kratos
3D mark 11 is not big it is of approx 280 MB use download manager it downloads fast without any error.

rider

as Kratos
I got very low score just P1915 in 1280x800 resolution LINK
And my CPU temperature remained under 70*C in benchmarks :)

ultimategamer

Broken In
I got very low score just P1915 in 1280x800 resolution LINK
And my CPU temperature remained under 70*C in benchmarks :)

Your score is not low compared to newer generation AMD 7730M gives only P1680 3dmark11 score(Given by sisley in 15r se thread) your score looks good.

AMD Radeon HD 7750M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor,Dell Inc. 05TJ3M score: P1680 3DMarks

AMD 7730M score may rise after good driver.

ultimategamer

Broken In
AMD 7730M is a DDR3 GPU. And you are giving me link me of HD 7750M.

No it is the link of 7730 only but due to improper driver it is recognise as 7750. Check 15r se thread and sisley's benchmark.

Your score is really good do you overclock your gpu or it is due to good updated driver.

because in 15r se thread your reply on sisley's 3dmark11 result is "Nice score, BTW my HD 6770M scores 1350 in 3D Mark which is almost equal to GT 555M of alienware 14x"
What made this result jump from 1350 to 1915 a whopping 41% increase.

Last edited:
Top Bottom