The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

dexbg

Journeyman
Latest Samsung NP550-SO1IN owner reporting :D .. all thanks to this wonderful thread.

Thanks for the quick replies you all gave .. lets keep this keep this going strong.

dexbg

Journeyman
So far..

+
Awesome speakers.
Battery life.
1 TB storage.

-
Keyboard/keypress is a little squeaky ..
Touchpad feels slow.

No gaming yet.

dexbg

Journeyman
I already have it maxed out in the Control Panel .. :)

I've been using a Vaio prior to this.. so maybe its because of the different texture.. will take some getting used to.

Laptop has been pretty cool .. One question do I need to manually turn on Heavy Graphics mode or will it auto-detect during game n switch. ??

pratyush997

Inactive
I already have it maxed out in the Control Panel .. :)

I've been using a Vaio prior to this.. so maybe its because of the different texture.. will take some getting used to.

Laptop has been pretty cool .. One question do I need to manually turn on Heavy Graphics mode or will it auto-detect during game n switch. ??
Optimus is take care of that :wink:

joseph_msc

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

Its a good thread for the best laptop available in india!! I am following the thread since a week in thinking to buy the samsung np550p5c-s02in. Presently my laptop is dead and working on desktop. Today i have got another option to import HP ENVY 17t-3200 3D @ US$ 1239.00 after using 33% off coupon code (Actual price US$ 1849.99) from USA through my cousin. It will cost 68k to 69k for me while sammy is 62k in my place. But it will take 3 months to get the 3D laptop. No i am thinking that is it worth waiting??? The following are the specs!!

HP ENVY 17t-3200 3D
3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM Processor (2.3 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
Radeon(TM) HD 7850M Graphics 1GB GDDR5 Memory
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
H1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery
17.3-inch diagonal Radiance Full HD 3D Infinity LED-backlit Display (1920x1080)
Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
720p HD video streaming webcam supports Skype
Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard with numeric keypad

The SSD is missing but there is an empty slot i guess, But one more issue is HD 7850m, is it worthful than gt 650m i could not find any benchmarks for hd 7850m. And is there any throttling / heat issues with this laptop. Anybody have info?

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Hi all,

Its a good thread for the best laptop available in india!! I am following the thread since a week in thinking to buy the samsung np550p5c-s02in. Presently my laptop is dead and working on desktop. Today i have got another option to import HP ENVY 17t-3200 3D @ US$ 1239.00 after using 33% off coupon code (Actual price US$ 1849.99) from USA through my cousin. It will cost 68k to 69k for me while sammy is 62k in my place. But it will take 3 months to get the 3D laptop. No i am thinking that is it worth waiting??? The following are the specs!!

From which site??

pratyush997

Inactive
Wtf? guyzz a owner of HP Pavilion G6 2005AX is getting avg. 30fps on highest settings in Gta iv and i was getting 50 in same case....hp costs 33k n this lappy 58k...It ain't fair guyzz

Top Bottom