The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

RON28

Cyborg Agent
played Battlefield Bad Company 2 at ULTRA settings and got very good FPS, minimum was 30 fps. graphics are good though but slightly disappointing in Snow, Skyrim is far better in it.

*i47.tinypic.com/6yi8gl.jpg
*i45.tinypic.com/jrusy1.jpg

ujjwal007

Lost in games
played Battlefield Bad Company 2 at ULTRA settings and got very good FPS, minimum was 30 fps. graphics are good though but slightly disappointing in Snow, Skyrim is far better in it.

*i47.tinypic.com/6yi8gl.jpg
*i45.tinypic.com/jrusy1.jpg
looking awesome!! bro!! :D

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Ron n ujjwal +many other....u got perfect sammy

Ron n ujjwal +many other....u got perfect sammy

Yes, damn happy with my choice, i had a laptop which had intel integrated GPU, even counter strike used to struggle on it, never imagined i would play all current games. Samsung did partiality with you and swapnil, but rest all are happy gaming.
why your dad is not willing to get a gaming rig for you even if you get refund?

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Yes, damn happy with my choice, i had a laptop which had intel integrated GPU, even counter strike used to struggle on it, never imagined i would play all current games. Samsung did partiality with you and swapnil, but rest all are happy gaming.
yeah me2 very happy with my purchase :)) its awesome for even non-gamers too!!

demolisher48

Journeyman
well i got it all fogured out. earlier buyers were havng throttling problem.. which even on using throttlestop cant be stopped. then i posted 2 methods
1.to use power saver
2.max cpu 70
but they also limited fps. now i have found a perfect solution atlast . you will need throttlestop but it alone wont work for many. so first you need to use samsung optimized power option.
then use throttlestop and just clixk on fid to turbo then disable turbo. enabling turbo will give no extra performance and will give 90+ temps. disabling it i am getting temps less than 90 and full fps

RON28

Cyborg Agent
well i got it all fogured out. earlier buyers were havng throttling problem.. which even on using throttlestop cant be stopped. then i posted 2 methods
1.to use power saver
2.max cpu 70
but they also limited fps. now i have found a perfect solution atlast . you will need throttlestop but it alone wont work for many. so first you need to use samsung optimized power option.
then use throttlestop and just clixk on fid to turbo then disable turbo. enabling turbo will give no extra performance and will give 90+ temps. disabling it i am getting temps less than 90 and full fps

it would be better if you tell the steps to members clearly like you earlier told about max CPU to 70%.

demolisher48

Journeyman
step1: goto control panel.then choose power options.
step2:choose samsung optimized.
step3:run throttlestop. the check set multiplier option to turbo.
step4:check the option disable turbo.
step5: run games.
if you wont disable turbo you will get 90+ temps.. i played max payne high settings with 50fps avg at 900p for 2 hrs temp. was 87 cpu 86 gpu

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
1.to use power saver
2.max cpu 70
then use throttlestop and just clixk on fid to turbo then disable turbo. enabling turbo will give no extra performance and will give 90 temps. disabling it i am getting temps less than 90 and full fps
even if u play game in alanced mode there will be no effect on cooling efficiency...best way is to limit fid to 27 n play games if temps touching 90C then set fid =25 ...and minimize it during playing...
I got 50 fps in gta iv in med. settings w/ that....
gta iv players
use contig to defrag gta iv directory and use the special profile made for gta iv in nvidia inspector(app)... fps.will be 5-9 more.....tried and confirmed

rider

as Kratos
All those GTA IV fanboys, buy the game Sleeping dogs from flipkart for 999/- and forget icenhancer like patches.

pratyush997

Inactive
@ demolisher 48 underpowering cpu directly limits fid to 16 ......whats the faqin reason to run ts then....or else set fid-16 in ts and play ....i got exactly same results...

cuz i play games too much and study less... :p

demolisher48

Journeyman
well that didnt work fr u right my method works jusr fine. to begin with using balanced power option causes throttling. in samsung optimized cpu is limited but as tge throttling is due to bios its stopped in samsung optimized and instead of undercloking cpu i am increasing it using ts..

rider

as Kratos
hey how good is it compared to gta iv n saints row the third...??

The combat actions, graphics and much better story line than GTA IV, saints row 3 was spoofy masala game, it was different game.. sleeping dog has story and a great gaming package, its story of a undecover cop in hongkong. You can say its combination of batman arkham, max payne and grand theft auto series.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
well that didnt work fr u right my method works jusr fine. to begin with using balanced power option causes throttling. in samsung optimized cpu is limited but as tge throttling is due to bios its stopped in samsung optimized and instead of undercloking cpu i am increasing it using ts..

hey also try underclocking the gpu, it reduces the gpu temps, the 296.87 driver makes the gpu boost to 950mhz, which is quite high for this card, I used msi afterburner n reduced by 100mhz, now the boost is 850mhz....there is no difference in performance/fps in any game.......I played Battlefield 3 for 1hr 45min, the max gpu was 83c........so future bios n driver update's will make a difference, here's the fps readings ....

2012-08-26 03:04:15 - bf3
Frames: 2664 - Time: 51495ms - Avg: 51.733 - Min: 21 - Max: 64........the fps remained at 33-45 most of the time, hardly ever went below 26

*i50.tinypic.com/96vurc.jpg

game pics in spoiler
*i46.tinypic.com/oankvr.jpg

*i45.tinypic.com/33f4yzs.jpg

*i45.tinypic.com/1ggi0y.jpg

*i45.tinypic.com/2hfuzv7.jpg

*i50.tinypic.com/358rpmx.jpg

ujjwal007

Lost in games
hey also try underclocking the gpu, it reduces the gpu temps, the 296.87 driver makes the gpu boost to 950mhz, which is quite high for this card, I used msi afterburner n reduced by 100mhz, now the boost is 850mhz....there is no difference in performance/fps in any game.......I played Battlefield 3 for 1hr 45min, the max gpu was 83c........so future bios n driver update's will make a difference, here's the fps readings ....

2012-08-26 03:04:15 - bf3
Frames: 2664 - Time: 51495ms - Avg: 51.733 - Min: 21 - Max: 64........the fps remained at 33-45 most of the time, hardly ever went below 26

*i50.tinypic.com/96vurc.jpg

game pics in spoiler
*i46.tinypic.com/oankvr.jpg

*i45.tinypic.com/33f4yzs.jpg

*i45.tinypic.com/1ggi0y.jpg

*i45.tinypic.com/2hfuzv7.jpg

*i50.tinypic.com/358rpmx.jpg

damn its awesome!!!!!!! wow never wonder it could handle it inhigh settings!! they recommended a 6950 and do u like the game dan?? graphics seems mind blowing

pratyush997

Inactive
Hi dude I was telling that in even balanced mode if cpu temps rises than fan will do same what it does in high performance mode/turbo mode.....and turbo only enables in turbo mode ....in sammy optimized its disabled by default ....and in ur procedure fid.will be maxed to 32 n no turbo......so high temps..
if u guyz got temps issue try my method or else go w/ his one

no chance then!! go for ipad2 only! win 8 tab will be 25k i bet
lol 25 ..........it will be launch not less than 30/35 k....cuz its competitor of ipad 3..n win 8? its just eye candy...got boored w/ those live tiles in a week

RON28

Cyborg Agent
dan4u can you just tell me how to undeclock GT 650M to 835Mhz clock? because while playing BBC2 GPU raised to 950Mhz and temp was 88C. im little bit worried.

Top Bottom