The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

dan4u

Took Off!!!
damn its awesome!!!!!!! wow never wonder it could handle it inhigh settings!! they recommended a 6950 and do u like the game dan?? graphics seems mind blowing
yep,its awesome, different from regular first person shooters, the graphics is amazing ...the 650 can handle high settings, but theres also ultra setting...i only put the texture quality to ultra rest everythn high-medium ...
dan4u can you just tell me how to undeclock GT 650M to 835Mhz clock? because while playing BBC2 GPU raised to 950Mhz and temp was 88C. im little bit worried.
downlaod MSI afterburner, reduce the gpu clock to -100, you don't have to reduce the memory clock.... my gpu never crossed 84c after I did this,

RON28

Cyborg Agent
yep,its awesome, different from regular first person shooters, the graphics is amazing ...the 650 can handle high settings, but theres also ultra setting...i only put the texture quality to ultra rest everythn high-medium ...

downlaod MSI afterburner, reduce the gpu clock to -100, you don't have to reduce the memory clock.... my gpu never crossed 84c after I did this,

but how? tell step by step na...

dan4u

Took Off!!!
1. launch MSI ab, initially it will show default settings, i.e both core click and memory clock will be 0

2. reduce the gpu clock slider to the left, till 0 becomes -100

3. click apply on the bottom, save it if you want

4. to verify launch gpu z, on the bottom right you will see boost at 850mhz...

you can also reduce gpu clock by 20,30,40 etc ...n see if it works, not necessarily by 100

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hmmm, with time why battery backup is reduced? It's depend upon how you use it during a period of time.

@avj: what apps you running? Check your battery status in HWMOnitor TOO. Pratyush is right.

prashanth2692

Broken In
There is only silver colour available !!!!! Its a one colour model !! Where are you getting the black ? make sure its the 550p :-?

hey har..........
iam new to thinkdigit forum.....actually my intrest in samsung series 5 550p brought me here......i have read few of the post in this thread(and its a >100 pages thread)......so i would like to know about the present battery backup, (if u have used dell xps 15)heat emmision compared to dell xps 15, stability of case(i.e., build quality), webcam quality, sound of 550p..... of 550p

p.s : thanks in advance

pratyush997

Inactive
Guyzz I'm faqin confused...
Should I get refund or replacement?
If replacement then what if lappy has same issues..will I get refund in that case?....
I really donno want to loose that faqin hot beast!

ujjwal007

Lost in games
If replacement then what if lappy has same issues..will I get refund in that case?....

bro just go for replacement next time dont **** your laptop with throttle stop or anything lol

ujjwal007

Lost in games
lol yeah....I will ask that 120w adapter too..and check faqin temps ri8 there....will play gta iv on highest settings w/ v sync on.... cc trolled?

lol bro... haha you should definetely do that!! just dont leave the service centre!! until you trolled them fully

bro just go for replacement next time dont **** your laptop with throttle stop or anything lol

Hi, I was reading this thread for past two days and I was going through various reviews over net.
I've short listed the model NP550P5C-S02IN with Ci7 and BluRay Drive.
Here are my queries:
1. What's throttling ? Is it because of manufacturer defect for few units or for all the units ?
2. Did anybody watched 3D movie using NP550P5C-S02IN ? If yes, how was the quality ?
3. Does the BluRay drive Write the BluRay Discs ?
4. Is the memory of 1600 MHz ? Can it be upgraded to 4+4+4 or 8 + 8 + 8 GB in future ?
5. Does it support 2 HDDs ? One for Normal and the other for SSD. Does it support RAID1 ?
6. Does the palm rest gets heated during high performance ?

Kindly provide the information so that I can go for buying without further delay !

... Thanks & Regards.

Top Bottom