The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

ujjwal007

Lost in games
@ujjwal007: oh yeah you have 14r. ok ok. Are you planning to buy this laptop?
@pratyush: I have downloaded Throttle Stop but what I have to do ????
@everyone: Please Don't post Big images I use GPRS it takes more than 7mins to open a complete page.

yeah swapnil i m planning i currently have 2 laptops 14r and compaq c733tu 14r is dead and my compaq is working strange na..but yeah its working GOOD :D

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@pratyush: Yeah I did. did for 8 threads. And at 98% the FID increased from 29.00 to 31.something then after 100% it dropped upto 20.something. Now what?
@ujjwal007:Then don't buy laptop,you have a budget of 50k,go for desktop, i know collecting parts is hassel but in the end you will have something better than NP550.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
@pratyush: Yeah I did. did for 8 threads. And at 98% the FID increased from 29.00 to 31.something then after 100% it dropped upto 20.something. Now what?
@ujjwal007:Then don't buy laptop,you have a budget of 50k,go for desktop, i know collecting parts is hassel but in the end you will have something better than NP550.

keep it to 99% to avoid throttling i think it blocks turbo boost dont say it man :( i m just at end of my search i cant use pc for more then 3 years have to leave hometown for studies too :/ and i never used an pc i m just a newbie in all this assembly thing

ratul

█████████████████
[IM]*i48.tinypic.com/j0d4er.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]*i49.tinypic.com/rmutlk.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]*i45.tinypic.com/33lnhjk.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]*i49.tinypic.com/295frm9.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]*i50.tinypic.com/118zuyq.png[/IMG]
[IM]*i45.tinypic.com/2ptb2v7.png[/IMG]
[IM]*i48.tinypic.com/34sjqkj.png[/IMG]

played Skyrim for half an hour, it detected automatically so i didn't change the game settings.

yep, it's very CPU intensive, my settings are all @ high, and still get more fps than u (above 35), problem is that 7730m is'nt detected as 650m, it just shows HD4000 in my lap, so changing settings always gimme warnings... :(

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@ujjwal007: But after 3yrs this laptop will become old then it will heat up more and battery will drain fast and and and games will be demanding. Then?
@pratyush: for 4 threads or 8 threads? And how to set default power setting,Options->Default(at bottom) ?

ujjwal007

Lost in games
@ujjwal007: But after 3yrs this laptop will become old then it will heat up more and battery will drain fast and and and games will be demanding. Then?
@pratyush: for 4 threads or 8 threads? And how to set default power setting,Options->Default(at bottom) ?

then gaming rig :D and... i dont know what will be happen after 3 years i will stop playing games may be i will not do gaming like crazy now but yeah wanted to game atleast 4-5 hours these days until its new :D no one knows the future who can guess what will happen after 3 years!! i can easily buy 90k lappy too now but i believe in vfm so no waste of money for sure :)

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@ujjwal007: wokay...but just now you said you have to leave hometown for studies,then how gaming rig? You are really smart unlike me, If i could spend 90k then sure I would have done that.
@niraj trehan: i5 cost 48k-52k and i7 cost 58k-62k. nice avatar

RON28

Cyborg Agent
yep, it's very CPU intensive, my settings are all @ high, and still get more fps than u (above 35), problem is that 7730m is'nt detected as 650m, it just shows HD4000 in my lap, so changing settings always gimme warnings... :(

what warnings? why worried if you getting good fps :|

ujjwal007

Lost in games
@ujjwal007: wokay...but just now you said you have to leave hometown for studies,then how gaming rig? You are really smart unlike me, If i could spend 90k then sure I would have done that.
@niraj trehan: i5 cost 48k-52k and i7 cost 58k-62k. nice avatar

gaming rig after 3 years...if possible where i m living at that time yeah dude some tragedy happened with me 3 weeks ago my activa got stolen :| anyways it was very old model...so no sadness for that i purchased the another one asap damage of 60k direct and i could have my lapy before a month ago but tht happened with me so its got delayed this much lol yeah i can manage funds but not going to spend money like this waste..... so i think np550p will be more then enough for atleast 2 years!! i thinked about a another option too tht buy a 40k lappy and a 15k ps3 or xbox but its not good i guess so np550 is for me :thumbs:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@ujjwal07: hmmm..thats sad. And if I were you PS3 is the best option. Anyway you have made up your mind. When i'll go in hostel i'll have a fast internet connection(hope so) come online we will play some game on our NP550. Lile FIFA?
@pratyush: Dude I was waiting for your reply, ok i'll run test for 8 threads.

It came in mind after 60% of test was done. I changed max power to 100%. Now 100%. Going to test

ujjwal007

Lost in games
@ujjwal07: hmmm..thats sad. And if I were you PS3 is the best option. Anyway you have made up your mind. When i'll go in hostel i'll have a fast internet connection(hope so) come online we will play some game on our NP550. Lile FIFA?
@pratyush: Dude I was waiting for your reply, ok i'll run test for 8 threads.

It came in mind after 60% of test was done. I changed max power to 100%. Now 100%. Going to test

yeah definetely :D we will sure! thanks!!

dan4u

Took Off!!!
:) Guys Samsung has introduced an offer called smart Warranty (link), we can now extend warranty for 1yr, 2yr or 3yr, apart from the original 1yr warranty. price of extended warranty is here ......so now that's peace of mind..

dexbg

Journeyman
:) Guys Samsung has introduced an offer called smart Warranty (link), we can now extend warranty for 1yr, 2yr or 3yr, apart from the original 1yr warranty. price of extended warranty is here ......so now that's peace of mind..

Great .. now someone tell me if removing the Optical Drive & installing and SSD + Caddy in its place void the warranty ??

dan4u

Took Off!!!
@pratyush997 haha thanks bro:p

@dexbg its better you ask a dealer or even better ask Samsung cc, try Samsung support live chat....

Top Bottom