The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@dan4u: thanks bro. Can't we buy this after 2yrs? Pick up and Drop cost are high. I certainly can't pay more.

I mean same as previous, throttling started at 98%. What now?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
*i48.tinypic.com/110vs6c.jpg
*i50.tinypic.com/wvuy5g.jpg
*i48.tinypic.com/15ap9c.png

again played Skyrim with new settings, OMG never thought skyrim is so beautiful. jaw dropping graphics, highly recommended by me. i slightly lowered the resolution. amazing game. :D

Dr Andy

Right off the assembly line
thank u dan4u for replying....i thought it would be available anyways as it is such a good laptop....but it turns out a lot of people had bought it and it is out of stock in the entire bangalore....took ur advice and spoke to a samsung dealer and he told me it would be available in another 2-3 days.....:)))))

magnet

Youngling
:) Guys Samsung has introduced an offer called smart Warranty (link), we can now extend warranty for 1yr, 2yr or 3yr, apart from the original 1yr warranty. price of extended warranty is here ......so now that's peace of mind..

Suppose i but the piece and get extended warranty upto 31st august 2012 now.

Than if i pay for 3 years smart warranty?So in all how much warranty expect?1 year extra over the 2 free or total 5 years?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Suppose i but the piece and get extended warranty upto 31st august 2012 now.

Than if i pay for 3 years smart warranty?So in all how much warranty expect?1 year extra over the 2 free or total 5 years?
ha I've got the same doubt, will have to ask samsung cc...

magnet

Youngling
Any voice for or against the acer aspire v3?

Available for 44k(price given on tech guru cnbc awaaz i havent checked in market personally) though hdd and ram are less and also dedicated gfx is 640m.

But at this price does it compete with the sammy i7 exclud gfx because changing hdd and ram will cause another 5k expense .And getting it at 48k looks a steal minus gfx
Does someone support the view.Also one see they also provide 90w charger not much.

I am talking about this model

Acer Aspire V3-571G-73614G75Mn

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Any voice for or against the acer aspire v3?

Available for 44k(price given on tech guru cnbc awaaz i havent checked in market personally) though hdd and ram are less and also dedicated gfx is 640m.

But at this price does it compete with the sammy i7 exclud gfx because changing hdd and ram will cause another 5k expense .And getting it at 48k looks a steal minus gfx
Does someone support the view.Also one see they also provide 90w charger not much.

I am talking about this model

Acer Aspire V3-571G-73614G75Mn

display in not enough though and speakers sucks weight is little more i guess battery backup is less too overall bad....and where it available for 44k? lol its quoted there 1100$ = 60k around man!!
and yeah no blu-ray too!!

ha I've got the same doubt, will have to ask samsung cc...

me2!! i guess they will give just total 3 years warranty lets see!

magnet

Youngling
display in not enough though and speakers sucks weight is little more i guess battery backup is less too overall bad....and where it available for 44k? lol its quoted there 1100$ = 60k around man!!
i said the price was mentioned on 21 laptop kick or pick test on this week tech guru show on cnbc awaaz.

The price was only reason to quote the same.Else i have never been fan of acer products.

Also regarding samsung smart warranty program.It clearly states its for notebook 9 series .Hence might not be available for us.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
i said the price was mentioned on 21 laptop kick or pick test on this week tech guru show on cnbc awaaz.

The price was only reason to quote the same.Else i have never been fan of acer products.

Also regarding samsung smart warranty program.It clearly states its for notebook 9 series .Hence might not be available for us.

oky anyways its still not good enough!!

dan4u

Took Off!!!
@magnet dude that notebook series 9 was just for description. the warranty is there for all notebook's and netbook's.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
@magnet dude that notebook series 9 was just for description. the warranty is there for all notebook's and netbook's.

yeah it looks like dan will you call samsung cc and ask about the warranty plan ? i guess it total 3 years wht u think?

magnet

Youngling
Agreed but after the mobile ads where they say call any mobile at 10p per minute. in bottom-line they state same mobile network.I have become a pessimist.

I also waiting for you guys to confirm it.

If once done i can buy the piece else i have to buy a downside model because already i am forwarding my tablet budget to get this piece and i want no trouble at-least for 4 years.

Also wanted to ask you guys suppose i am at home and i wanted to play games or work on it and doesnt want battery to wear.Can i use lappy with ac power removing battery from the system?Will it help.I know power cut risk but i do have a ups and i plan to use it that way and also not to trouble battery much.

Is it right practice?

girishpaiv

Journeyman
^^ hey, hows your lap doin??

Enjoying every moment with it :razz:
Its in all way better than my earlier 15r se ...i am still really happy i boht this :wink:
I didnt game much but didnt felt throttling yet (1 hr of crysis 2)
Really liked the screen,speaker, looks :mrgreen:

cremator

Broken In
Hey guys i have just reinstalled OS, in the process of installing drivers now.. but computer is not recognising my LAN cable.. do i need some drivers for lan cable to work as well? also, what is the wifi driver to be used? is it intel 64bit, qualcomm or atheros ?

Top Bottom