The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Kepler or not, its still slower than normal gt640m for sure.gt640m and 650m is available at 50k. Sony's cost closer to 66k but I guess the IPS panel is expensive :|

IPS is obviously very expensive, but a worthy thing to own. And 640M LE is even slow than 635M.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Sony has looks and better only in multimedia, from gamers point of view, will only offer medium or low settings for current games.

may i know the name of the member who first posted about this samsung laptop? :D
2 weeks ago i told my heart about new DELL 15R that 7670m is more than enough for me :p
but look at today, GT 650M arrived in that budget, and i was just checking its benchmarks on notebookcheck, but didnt knew i will consider this graphic card in my budget, :razz:
i think Samsung is now eyeing for laptop markets :p

rider

as Kratos
640M LE can't give good fps in new games in high settings on a 1080p screen. Vaios are never gamer's friendly, not only about this year.

hpblze

Broken In
@ hpblze Please check the screen resolution and give once and for all-conclusion...still having a doubt...

its 1600X900 display ...

was trying to upload pics but It keeps failing ..

Anyways .. since I do image editing and animation related stuff on this machine the viewing angles does bother me cuz it inverts after a certain angle . But for most people I dont think it will matter

I currently have an external monitor attached so that I can get uniform color output than the inbuilt display

OP
har

har

In the zone
Sony has looks and better only in multimedia, from gamers point of view, will only offer medium or low settings for current games.

may i know the name of the member who first posted about this samsung laptop? :D
2 weeks ago i told my heart about new DELL 15R that 7670m is more than enough for me :p
but look at today, GT 650M arrived in that budget, and i was just checking its benchmarks on notebookcheck, but didnt knew i will consider this graphic card in my budget, :razz:
i think Samsung is now eyeing for laptop markets :p

I also want to thank that member !! He's the one who made me wait for the samsung just from his one post :doublethumb: I think it was in the inspiron 15r se thread. Dunno who :-?

Maddy_AzAd

Broken In
Everyone is waiting for HAR's Lappy ;)
It seems this kind of config from samsung is limited to INDIA and UK. I was not able to find this kind of config in USA.
Anyone knows about its availability in USA?

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
I don't think they will launch here in india, last year they launched a good laptop with GT 555M but a 20% underclocked version for indians to make customers fool.

Is that what "NVidia N12P-GV1 DDR3 2GB Graphics" mentioned in the product specifications for the Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 59-305641 in the Lenovo India website really means? :-?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
its 1600X900 display ...

Upload the image to any image sharing site like imgur.com and paste the link using tags. :)
Attachment uploader is experiencing problems.

[quote="antisocialbratt, post: 1698760"]Yup. 640m le is the gimped version of 640m. It has 128bit bus whereas 640m has 192bit bus which makes a huge difference.[/QUOTE]

Both have 128 bit memory bus width.

[quote="eduku, post: 1698780"]Is that what "NVidia N12P-GV1 DDR3 2GB Graphics" mentioned in the product specifications for the Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 59-305641 in the Lenovo India website really means? :-?[/QUOTE]

Gt555M with lower shaders resulting in performance like 540M or even low.

OP
har

har

In the zone
Is that what "NVidia N12P-GV1 DDR3 2GB Graphics" mentioned in the product specifications for the Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 59-305641 in the Lenovo India website really means? :-?

Class 3 card. Not even as good as the old gt540m.

abhishekmaha

Broken In
its 1600X900 display ...

Anyways .. since I do image editing and animation related stuff on this machine the viewing angles does bother me cuz it inverts after a certain angle . But for most people I dont think it will matter

I currently have an external monitor attached so that I can get uniform color output than the inbuilt display

Thanks for the doubt clarification:-D:-D:-D

girishpaiv

Journeyman
RON28 said:

may i know the name of the member who first posted about this samsung laptop?
2 weeks ago i told my heart about new DELL 15R that 7670m is more than enough for me
but look at today, GT 650M arrived in that budget, and i was just checking its benchmarks on notebookcheck, but didnt knew i will consider this graphic card in my budget,
i think Samsung is now eyeing for laptop markets
I also want to thank that member !! He's the one who made me wait for the samsung just from his one post :doublethumb: I think it was in the inspiron 15r se thread. Dunno who :-?

Its here : by ratul currently owning 15r se :p:razz:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^ratul, thanks for the info you provided, i least care about looks and strongly believes in VFM product, my fav gaming laptop was HP with 6770m graphic card...
but i waited a lot, your research made us to change our mind from DELL INSPIRON 15R :D
i think instead of sitting online and searching websites, its better to go personally in market and search. :p
even i saw some laptops in VIJAY SALES which were having I5 25xx Series, never saw it on flipkart though.

red dragon

Master troll
... IBM still make them.. lenovo just put its logo on it. I also heard that thinkpads have separate service centres.
Who told you that!?
Thinkpads do have a separate service section.
As a matter of fact Dell and hp also have their separate service section for their probools,elitebooks,Vostros,Latitudes.
BTW Lenovo was making IBM laptops(thinkpads included) long before the spin off.
Not all thinkpads are great!Only the T,X and W series are good.
The popular Edge series is crappy like any other consumer laptops.

rider

as Kratos
Who told you that!?
Thinkpads do have a separate service section.
As a matter of fact Dell and hp also have their separate service section for their probools,elitebooks,Vostros,Latitudes.
BTW Lenovo was making IBM laptops(thinkpads included) long before the spin off.
Not all thinkpads are great!Only the T,X and W series are good.
The popular Edge series is crappy like any other consumer laptops.

Alright, I read that in some user comment. you clarify it is wrong, thanks.

So there is no budget laptop with even the lowest member of the high-end graphics card series(gtx 660m)?

Everyday, something new happens which changes my preference...First I wanted Dell Inspiron 14r SE, then 15r SE, then Samsung np550p5c,...Actually, I had initially chosen the US version of the Lenovo Ideapad Y580 at the cheapest configuration of $849...Unfortunately due to lack of relatives abroad willing to buy and bring me the laptop, I had to set my sights lower...:-(
What there is no model for $849 with GTX 660M, there is one with $1,349 USD which is available for special $630 discount :mrgreen: final price would be $949. And this discount is only for americans, we will never get this in such a heavy discount. American market is full of competition, some vaio laptops in this price range providing a free PS3 slim. These kinda offers will never come in india, coz only a few people spend money in this segment.
The base model actual price is $1349 = 74.2k INR

Top Bottom