The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

abhishekmaha

Broken In
As far as I know, GT 650 seems to be able to run most games on 1366x768 resolution...If any future games require more intense graphics cards, then I should be able to run them on low resolutions...This laptop should serve my purposes for at least 4 years...Anyway, any laptop that comes out in the future will definitely be better than the predecessors...:-(:-(:-(

Yea, we guys are still waiting for the first buyer in this thread so it not kinda started yet. Better to wait for the proper review by TDF user.
GT 650M is totally an excellent GPU for mediocre gaming, in performance definitely DDR5 version will perform better. DDR3 are not bad it comes in VFM samsung laptops

Hey, what do you mean "mediocre gaming"? All games are good...:-x:twisted::twisted::twisted::-x

rider

as Kratos
As far as I know, GT 650 seems to be able to run most games on 1366x768 resolution...If any future games require more intense graphics cards, then I should be able to run them on low resolutions...This laptop should serve my purposes for at least 4 years...Anyway, any laptop that comes out in the future will definitely be better than the predecessors...:-(:-(:-(

Hey, what do you mean "mediocre gaming"? All games are good...:-x:twisted::twisted::twisted::-x

It is not a GPU for hardcore gaming, it is a mid range graphic chip. For hardcore gaming nvidia GTX series or Radeon HD 79xxM series are there.

rider

as Kratos
GT 650M 2GB DDR5 is the best mid range nvidia GPU that comes in class one. After this GTX 660M, that comes in extreme.

well still at low settings it would run most games

No, you can play new games in medium or high settings with GT 650M.

OP
har

har

In the zone
Those GPU's are out of reach for me...What other mid-class GPU is in Class 1 above 650M?

The upcoming lenevo y580 comes with the GTX660 which is better than gt650m

Actually gt650m will play all games at a mixture of ultra and high settings.

rider

as Kratos
The upcoming lenevo y580 comes with the GTX660 which is better than gt650m

Actually gt650m will play all games at a mixture of ultra and high settings.

I don't think they will launch here in india, last year they launched a good laptop with GT 555M but a 20% underclocked version for indians to make customers fool.

abhishekmaha

Broken In
So there is no budget laptop with even the lowest member of the high-end graphics card series(gtx 660m)?

Everyday, something new happens which changes my preference...First I wanted Dell Inspiron 14r SE, then 15r SE, then Samsung np550p5c,...Actually, I had initially chosen the US version of the Lenovo Ideapad Y580 at the cheapest configuration of $849...Unfortunately due to lack of relatives abroad willing to buy and bring me the laptop, I had to set my sights lower...:-(

OP
har

har

In the zone
I don't think they will launch here in india, last year they launched a good laptop with GT 555M but a 20% underclocked version for indians to make customers fool.

Yeah :-x

Sony is the worst this year. Even their top of the line laptops have the very slow gt640m LE(its not kepler)

So there is no budget laptop with even the lowest member of the high-end graphics card series(gtx 660m)?

Well by budget what range are you expecting ?

OP
har

har

In the zone
I think GTX660 is impossible in that range. Even GT650M was thought to be in the 60k+ range until samsung came along and changed everything. Sony still sells hd7670 at 54k :p

Your best buy would be i7 version of 550P. gtx series would be 65-70k+ i think

OP
har

har

In the zone
It is kepler, rumor of fermi variant hasn't been confirmed till now. And its not slow by any standards.

Kepler or not, its still slower than normal gt640m for sure.gt640m and 650m is available at 50k. Sony's cost closer to 66k but I guess the IPS panel is expensive :|

abhishekmaha

Broken In
:-(:-(

I'm sure that if there was any other alternative, it would have been known to this forum anyway...:|:|

i7 of samsung is impossible for me...adding vat, it goes around 60k...

OP
har

har

In the zone
650m le is only slightly better than radeon 7670. Plays max payne 3 at 30fps in low or medium only :|

Top Bottom