The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Finally bought this laptop on Sunday at Hyderabad, I am now in hometown, dint even use it properly. :(

Edit: Btw I purchased the i7 version. It costs Rs.62K, got it for Rs.61K at Hyderabad. Its JBL speakers are amazing, fabulous.. no words to explain. Very nice looks also :D

Review ASAP ! :hyper:

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
1.)I have the same doubts regarding the power adapter. Its 90W according to my info but I will confirm tomorrow. My i5 wont have problems but I am slightly doubtful about the i7 version. Does anyone know about the power adapter watts of new dv6?What abt inspiron 15r se ?

2.)Regarding screen they reviewed 1600*900 at 17" while in India its offered at 15". So pixel density is much higher. But I dont know much abt laptop screens so I may be wrong :-?

3.)Build quality will be good enough.Reviews suggest its sturdy.Samsung's have one of the least return rates in foreign countries. Its very popular in Canada and ,now upcoming in the US. So I guess they are reliable.

1.) The new dv6-7010tx and 7040tx has 120 Watt power adapter.
I dunno about the Inspiron, but I think that a 90 Watt power adapter will be enough for it as it has the i7-3612QM which is a 35W TDP processor just like the i5-3210M but the 3610QM in the sammy and the HP is a 45W TDP processor, so they have much greater power requirements. :-?

2.) I am more worried about the CONTRAST Ratio. If the contrast is poor then it will be a pain in Gaming and watching movies!! :-x

3.) Let's hope so for our sake.:wink:

eduku

A friend of mine just went to Nehru Place. He looked at both the 15R and the Samsung 550p and said that looks wise, and in terms of build quality, the Samsung 550p was far, far better. Also the speakers were pretty darn amazing. And the 15.6" screen also has a 1600X900 resolution.

Price was 56-56.5k.

:cool:

Did he mention about the screen quality and viewing angles?
One member in the TDF mentioned that the screen had very poor viewing angles.

Finally bought this laptop on Sunday at Hyderabad, I am now in hometown, dint even use it properly. :(

Edit: Btw I purchased the i7 version. It costs Rs.62K, got it for Rs.61K at Hyderabad. Its JBL speakers are amazing, fabulous.. no words to explain. Very nice looks also :D

What power brick did you get 90 Watt or 120 Watt?
What's the screen quality (contrast and viewing angles) like?

Funny

Broken In
Sorry guys, can't review now, as I am outta station.
But I had taken a few pics, here they are:

My Brand new NP550P5C-S02IN
*i3.lulzimg.com/913879cb95.jpg

The Bag, Recovery Disc and Manuals
*i3.lulzimg.com/9b75c939cd.jpg

The Keyboard with JBL speakers :D
*i3.lulzimg.com/1a0a104cdf.jpg

Top Look:
*i3.lulzimg.com/b7021c0aab.jpg
(Awesome metallic looks ;))

The whole package:
*i.imgur.com/ekf3k.jpg

P.S: The upload took nearly 2 hours, sorry for the delay. Sad 3G..

For reviews, you guys need to wait around 2 weeks. Can't review now as I don't have my lappy with me :'(

Last edited:

eduku

1.)I have the same doubts regarding the power adapter. Its 90W according to my info but I will confirm tomorrow. My i5 wont have problems but I am slightly doubtful about the i7 version. Does anyone know about the power adapter watts of new dv6?What abt inspiron 15r se ?

2.)Regarding screen they reviewed 1600*900 at 17" while in India its offered at 15". So pixel density is much higher. But I dont know much abt laptop screens so I may be wrong :-?

3.)Build quality will be good enough.Reviews suggest its sturdy.Samsung's have one of the least return rates in foreign countries. Its very popular in Canada and ,now upcoming in the US. So I guess they are reliable.

1.) The new dv6-7010tx and 7040tx have 120 Watt power adapter.
I dunno about the Inspiron but I think that a 90 Watt power adapter will be enough for it as it has the i7-3612QM processor which is a 35W TDP processor just like your i5-3210M; but the dv6 and the np550p5c-S02IN has the i7-3610QM which is a 45W TDP processor and hence has a much higher power demand... :-?

2.) Its the low contrast ratio of 121:1 and poor viewing angles that worry me more, as it will be a pain in gaming and in watching movies. :-x
At least its matte, so there wont be any annoying reflections...

3.) Let's hope so for our sake...:wink:

shaggy

Solid State Forum Member!
Sorry guys, can't review now, as I am outta station.
P.S: The upload took nearly 2 hours, sorry for the delay. Sad 3G..

For reviews, you guys need to wait around 2 weeks. Can't review now as I don't have my lappy with me :'(
can you confirm (yet again!) whether the screen is 1600x900 or not?

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Congrats! Mr funny for you new laptop, you are the first buyer of our thread it looks truly amazing, matte steel finish body is very appealing and that JBL logo is a cheery on the cake.

You have such a big heart that you waited 2hrs to upload these pics for you. What happen bro who took you laptop from you. :sad:

rider

as Kratos
@shaggy as i mentioned on first post of this thread these laptop models are with incredible 1600x900 resolution screen.

shaggy

Yes the i7 version has 1600x900, have no idea about the i5 version!

Thank you and congrats on your buy. I'll get it once my dealer gets it. I'll be getting the i7 version too I guess.
:|

@shaggy as i mentioned on first post of this thread these laptop models are with incredible 1600x900 resolution screen.

You posts really helped me out on the Inspiron 15r se and 17r se threads, I forgot to thank you there. I was actually gonna order the 17r se when sammy came to the fore. So, thank you, and since there was some confusion among members due to the notebookcheck review and all , I wanted to verify the resolution. Thats all. Actually its my first lappy, so I'm a bit on the edge.
:lol:
lets hope I get to see it tomorrow.

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Damn this lap is good in all ways!!
Congo Funny and Har(for 2morrow :p) and shaggy:)))...
Could have waited and bought this instead of my 15r se!!! :(

Funny

Broken In
Actually I purchased the laptop at Hyd, now im in Bhubaneswar. I left my lappy at hyd itself. Will post more screens and review after I get back to hyd :wink:

And thanks :)

RON28

Cyborg Agent
@shaggy are you a noob? ****ing already the images are big and can't be resize automatically...and you replied funny's post with those images again? do you know how to use spoilers?
@funny congrats dude...nice pics...:razz:

rider

as Kratos
Actually I purchased the laptop at Hyd, now im in Bhubaneswar. I left my lappy at hyd itself. Will post more screens and review after I get back to hyd :wink:

And thanks :)

It sounds painful like to left a newly wed bride at home and go to work. LOL JK :mrgreen:

shaggy

Damn this lap is good in all ways!!
Congo Funny and Har(for 2morrow :p) and shaggy:)))...
Could have waited and bought this instead of my 15r se!!! :(

Nah...you shouldn't ever regret your buy. In a few days HP will release their dv6 lineup featuring 650m, then Lenovo Y580 will come along. But I wouldn't regret this NP550 because it was the best option available to me at that precise moment of time.
Everytime you wait you will definitely get a better product, it happens to everyone, its a way of life. That doesn't mean you have to wait till eternity. Lots of gyaan, coming back, congrats on your dell 15r se, treasure it for at least 3 years.
:)

@shaggy are you a noob? ****ing already the images are big and can't be resize automatically...and you replied funny's post with those images again? do you know how to use spoilers?
@funny congrats dude...nice pics...:razz:

Yes indeed I am, oops! sorry!
Never will happen again
:-(

RON28

Cyborg Agent
pics resized now, but its still loading :razz: OMG...such a nice looking laptop...lolz looks better that new 15R...

@girish don't regret ur choice...enjoy ur lappy also man :D u never know what comes after two weeks :p may be asus or hp lappy will come with gtx 660 for 55k :p

bt im surely gonna purchase this lappy...looks very awesome :D

shaggy

There, I edited it, happy?
:razz:

rider

as Kratos
pics resized now, but its still loading :razz: OMG...such a nice looking laptop...lolz looks better that new 15R...

@girish don't regret ur choice...enjoy ur lappy also man :D u never know what comes after two weeks :p may be asus or hp lappy will come with gtx 660 for 55k :p

bt im surely gonna purchase this lappy...looks very awesome :D

There will be no laptop with GTX 660M and for 55k impossible, bro. Everyone should satisfy with whatever he has, for this I would like to say it's the deal of the moment buy it or forget it.

Top Bottom