The RMA Experience Thread

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
Hi,
I have recived wd caviar black sata 2 640gb 3gb/s against dead caviar se 160gb sata 2 3gb/s, which i bought in year 2006 with 5yrs warranty and wd caviar blue 500gb sata3 6gb/s against eServer 80gb drive sata 1 drive. Now both drives i recived with full warranty from wd some guys here n there say they will update your warranty asap with remaining warranty of your previous drives. But i still can see full warranty in wd site with drives serial numbers. Are they going to drop the warranty of my new drives or im just a lucky one?(almost a month has passed and site still showing full warranties on both drives).-)

Since a month has passed by i don't think they will drop your warranty consider yourself lucky mate and congo.......:smile:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi,
I have recived wd caviar black sata 2 640gb 3gb/s against dead caviar se 160gb sata 2 3gb/s, which i bought in year 2006 with 5yrs warranty and wd caviar blue 500gb sata3 6gb/s against eServer 80gb drive sata 1 drive. Now both drives i recived with full warranty from wd some guys here n there say they will update your warranty asap with remaining warranty of your previous drives. But i still can see full warranty in wd site with drives serial numbers. Are they going to drop the warranty of my new drives or im just a lucky one?(almost a month has passed and site still showing full warranties on both drives).-)

I've just one word for this - superb ;-)

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
hey guys wanna update the wd rma proces...
one of my friends had applied for the wd rma process and courier firm said to him they will pickup the hard disk
let's see if they pick up the hard disk for him today if so..
i will update it here....

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
What is the WD RMA TAT.

Didn't get wat's "TAT"? :?
hey guys wanna update the wd rma proces...
one of my friends had applied for the wd rma process and courier firm said to him they will pickup the hard disk
let's see if they pick up the hard disk for him today if so..
i will update it here....

it seems the courier guys didn't turn up
when my friend called up the courier guys they said they would come in 2-3 days
but my friend being an impatient fellow went and gave the hdd to courier center
so now we are in a dilemma that whether courier guys picks up the HDD for WD or not :-|
will have to wait till someone else undergoes the RMA process:(

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Ideally 7 days by max. If you're opting for that home pickup thing then it might go for a toss, but that blame is on the courier companies.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
I sent my HDD to wester digital and 3 or 4 days I got my replacement......

Don't go for courier pickup..... Send it yourself.. It is much faster... Will hardly cost you around 100 rupees...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Don't go for courier pickup..... Send it yourself.. It is much faster... Will hardly cost you around 100 rupees...

Ooh..shoot. I have done the RMA start..and they said a courier guy will pick it. Does the HDD need to be packed and ready to be mailed when the person comes, also will I have to pay for the courier.

1. Is it seriously better I just pack it nice and ship it off, myself.
2. Can I change my delivery address to what I initially registered.
3. Can I still ship it, even when I requested courier pick up.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. You have to pack it by yourself and also write the RMA no. in 3 sides, AFAIR. But shipping probably need to be done via their courier only.

2. Go to your RMA request page and see if delivery address can be changed.

3. You can drop the parcel to the courier company, I don't think you can ship it on your own.

And you don't need to pay anything to the courier company. ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ friend have recently done RMA and he mentioned that you need to attach some form (printout of RMA form most likely). any idea about it?

hmm I've seen many WD Green giving problems and going for RMA.

mine is the latest one :-(

problem is random restart even after fresh installation of windows. no way can i finish an error scan. restarts halfway. and some grinding sound. will register for RMA today & send it tomorrow.

will i get a replacement? sometimes it works for hours but once restart loop starts, theres no stopping it.

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!

why did u pay 100 bucks the courier service is free....

Ooh..shoot. I have done the RMA start..and they said a courier guy will pick it. Does the HDD need to be packed and ready to be mailed when the person comes, also will I have to pay for the courier.

1. Is it seriously better I just pack it nice and ship it off, myself.
2. Can I change my delivery address to what I initially registered.
3. Can I still ship it, even when I requested courier pick up.

1.ya pack it in the anti-static bag other-wise they say it voids waranty
2. donno about changing the address..maybe you can change it..
3.ya i guess .. most probable the courier guys won't even turn up according to my experience...

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can ask for RMA even without that, but that would have been a confirmation.

sukant

Fragholic
Sent Corsair Value Select 2gb ddr3 RAM via courier on saturday to kaizen infoserve Mumbai on 12/11/2011 , they recieved on 16/11/2011.

I get RMA'ed RAM sealed pack RAM on 21/11/2011

Now thats some after sale service :). Never got a RMA so fast in my life :D

Top Bottom