The RMA Experience Thread

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Well i would like to share my rma experience with 3 service centres:

1. My 500gb seagate hdd wasn't getting detected, so gave it for rma at "accel frontline", guwahati around 1st September, 2010. They said they will take around 4-5 days for the rma process. Neways i went there around 7th September. They told me its been sent from the kolkata centre and should reach me in 2-3 days time. Guess what, the hdd eventually reached me in the first week of October. I am very dissapointed at their service.

2. around the same time my zotac gpu went kaput. I took the card to "aditya infotech", nehru place, delhi. they took the card, examined it well and told me come back after a week. Later when i went there, they gave me a new card, no questioned asked. The only problem is that the rma process and request is only entertained between 3-5 pm.

3. Now this is a very recent issue. The bios of my Gigabyte EP31 DS3L got corrupted in the first week of October, 2010, so i send it for RMA at "Digilink", Guwahati. Firstly they refused to rma it saying it was out of warranty wheres the board was bought on jan,2009. I told them its possible to find the week of manufacture by using the serial no. they said they will look into it. after 4-5 calls and intervention from the rma manager, Mr. Rahul Kumar Shinde did my motherboard go for rma They fixed the bios and send it back to me after a MONTH time. When i got the mobo, it was completely dead. I called up the digilink people and they said they will give me a replacement board. The replacement board they suggested is G31 mobo which i think is not fair. They screw up my board and now they are insisting on me taking the G31. I simply don't know how to deal with these people.

dude this is what happens in Assam. Buying computer components in Assam sucks!! I dont know when the situation will improve. :(

sxyadii

Drifting in DIRT 2
My RMA was good..I complained yesterday @1pm...they repaired my Viewsonic Lcd Monitor 2day...:)

KunalAggarwal

Broken In
I brought a Corsair Flash Voyager GT 16GB from SMC International, Nehru Place some 15 days ago.

When i unpacked it and opened the cap, the USB head came out with the cap itself stuck inside it, i.e., it was broken from its body. (Probably a manufacturing defect).

So, I went back to SMC today and they referred me to Kaizen Infoserve (the Corsair Service Center in Nehru Place), where they refused to take it for RMA.

They say "that it has gone off warranty if broken". They were not even interested to listen (b*stards were busy chattin up some guests).

The Corsair Toll free numbers also don't work either. Just keep on ringing.. ringing..

I have already made 2 rounds to Nehru Place still no reply.

static_x

In the zone
Ok..so here is an interesting RMA story..though it happened few years back but it was a wonderful experience...
So I got a LaCie 500 GB ext HDD in 2006 which my cousin brought from Europe. I used it for a year or so and one fine day while scanning the HDD few bad sectors were found on the disc so I thought about RMA'ing it...now the question was it being a laCie..no one including myself had any idea about its existence in India...so i started my research on the net and came to know that NEOTERIC is doing laCie in India so I contacted their head office in Mumbai and they asked me about the invoice and when i told them that it was bought outside India they backed out and refused to help...I had no choice..then I called Neoteric's Bangalore office but even they told me the same thing..after many requests he told me that he can give me the email ID of laCie's country's head who is based in Singapore....so I wrote a descriptive email to this fellow...after a few email exchanges this gentleman agreed to give me the replacement...He even arranged for the HDD pick up from my place and in a 2 weeks time he got it replaced with a newer and bigger capacity model...
and the best thing is that WE are still in touch and still exchange friendly emails...:)

static_x

In the zone
Another one..related to Rashi..but can be shared here also...
During the days of P4 systems...i had an asus motherboard which i used for 2 and half years...and it failed one day so i rma'd it & sent it back to Rashi..after a weeks time got the same thing back..but problem was there..again rma'd and the same stuff repeated again...so called 'em up but they were reluctant in giving the replaement..so contacted many rashi people across the country....finally got their Delhi's boss's number talked to him and he helped me to get the replacement...but that was nt easy..i was after him like anything for the replacement....used a bit of GANDHIgiri..i continuously mailed him on daily basis till the day he agreed to give me the replacement...so that was really a tough job..but executed well...i still have that replacemnt mobo and that too is working fine.. :)

arijit_ad

Broken In
Product-acer 5745

Distributor cum Service center-
nimbuss technologies
Kolkata
Location-Kolkata(West Bengal)

Date of RMA-18th october 2010

Receive Date of the product- 10th jan 2011

About their service-it took near about 3 month to replace my motherboard..and after two days of recieving it my hard disk crashed..again i send it..

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Ok..so here is an interesting RMA story..though it happened few years back but it was a wonderful experience...
So I got a LaCie 500 GB ext HDD in 2006 which my cousin brought from Europe. I used it for a year or so and one fine day while scanning the HDD few bad sectors were found on the disc so I thought about RMA'ing it...now the question was it being a laCie..no one including myself had any idea about its existence in India...so i started my research on the net and came to know that NEOTERIC is doing laCie in India so I contacted their head office in Mumbai and they asked me about the invoice and when i told them that it was bought outside India they backed out and refused to help...I had no choice..then I called Neoteric's Bangalore office but even they told me the same thing..after many requests he told me that he can give me the email ID of laCie's country's head who is based in Singapore....so I wrote a descriptive email to this fellow...after a few email exchanges this gentleman agreed to give me the replacement...He even arranged for the HDD pick up from my place and in a 2 weeks time he got it replaced with a newer and bigger capacity model...
and the best thing is that WE are still in touch and still exchange friendly emails...:)

Wow:-D Congrats...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
care to share your experience with necessary details ?

yup here it is...

zangetsu said:
@mohityadavx: Buddy the same thing happend wid me also.
I had Seagate Freeagent Go 2.5" 250GB HDD....
they replaced or repaired (I dnt knw) my HDD after taking 1month....

If the LED lights are glowing then its not power problem....the
Partition is corrupted....& only a 3rd party company can recover the data.

so many mails were exchanged between me & seagate...& they told me this dat data recovery is not entertained by Seagate & u have to go 2 a 3rd party for dat..
& also after u get the data recovered from 3rd party u have send the 3rd Company Letter head mentioning "No Device is damaged or opened while doing the recovery process...blah..blah...blah..."

pathetic Seagate...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
my Logitech SBS A300 speaker-subwoofer system stopped outputting sound through one of the speakers. will take it to those Rashi by next week or maybe Saturday.

Anish

Spectre
HI, my experience with IBM:
The screen of my laptop (thinkpad) terribly flickered. [I 've also asked for a solution in thinkdigit forum]. Finally, i contacted the customer support (toll free from bsnl) and they gave me two places(choice) to take the laptop for servicing. I preferred Chennai. There i handed my laptop to them. within 3 days, they called me and i went to pick it up. It was perfect and a good service. They replaced the lcd screen completely!. Everything free of cost:razz:( of course its under warranty:grin:)

Rahim

Married!
Mine with DELL Service at Park Street, Kolkata.
I had sent my DELL Studio Laptop for a DVD Drive replacement withing guarantee period and even though i received a confirmation that the hardware has been procured and they are taking close to 2 weeks to install it :( I am still waiting.

---------------------------
My new SAMSUNG LCD fell from the desk and the display seem to be dead. SO i called up SAMSUNG Service Centre and withing 2 hours, their technician arrived and fixed it :)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Samsung provides very fast after-sales support in Kolkata.Earlier they exchanged my faulty 17'' Crt monitor with new set within 1 day.

Top Bottom