Discussion: The Rashi RMA experience thread

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
There are times on Indian tech forums that people from Asus, Gigabyte, Zotac, MSI, etc. visit forums to keep a track on the records. Everytime Rashi was questioned, Rashi's head decides to ignore it, claiming that its an isolated incident an its only a small population that is going through such hassles (viz. normal in any case).

So to keep a record of good/bad experiences with Rashi's RMA (xfx, asus and altec lansing is under Rashi's RMA AFAIK), this thread will be compiled here with the complaints/experiences in the following format:

Rashi RMA number/ RMA challan number+ name of the shop and location:
Date of purchase:
Date of RMA:
City:
The incident in chronological manner:

As long as its maintained in such manner (and not used as the usual rashi bashing thread without the necessary details) and once enough complaints are collected, facts will be facts and rest of the decision is upto them.

According to their portfolio, Rashi peripherals handle the following companies:
ADATA, AMD, ALTEC LANSING, APC, ASUS, COMPEX, ECS, FUJITSU, HP, HP NETWORKING, LEADTEK, LENOVO, LOGITECH, NETGEAR, NEXANS, PIXELVIEW, PLANTRONICS, SANDISK, SONY,TARGUS, TOSHIBA, XFX and ECS.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
I don't have any RMA number since I bought my hardware from a retailer called SYS-Comp which is affiliated with Rashi. SO any time I had to avail warranty I just give the hardware to the retailer and they manage the rest. I haven't had any problems with RMA though. Got my XFX6600 replaced in early 2008 and Seagate 500GB harddisk replaced this MAY2010.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rashi RMA number: 19430

Date of purchase: 4th Sep 2008

Date of RMA: 28th Sep 2010

City: Rashi peripherals ( Kolkata Branch ) :

Rashi Peripherals Pvt.Ltd.
19, R.N. Mukherjee Road,
Eastern Building, Ground Floor,
Kolkata-700 001.
Tel No.:+91 - (033) 40011604/5/6
Fax No.:40011608

Rashi peripherals is offering 3 years Replacement Warranty on every XFX graphic cards. Here's the Link to their official Warranty Document :

Warranty / RCC Locations

*www.rashiperipherals.co.in/ws/warranty.pdf

I've bought a XFX 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 graphic card on Sepetember 2008 with all the pocket money I've saved from Savera Marketing which is known as a outlet of Rashi Peripherals.

28th September 2010 - - - There was no display coming out of the graphic card so I sent it for RMA.

After verifying and testing the card throughly their service engineer told me that the card is bad and I will get a replacement for the card and Rashi peripherals accepted it for RMA. They told me to inquire after one week.

On the RMA paper it's clearly printed the condition is bad and no display and the warranty period is 1095 days.

5th October 2010 - - - I called them and they told me to go there.

6th October - So I went to Rashi peripherals and the guy ( Shambhu Das ) at the counter took the RMA paper from me and went inside. After a little while he came back with only the RMA paper and gave me the paper.

Now when I looked at the RMA paper I noticed something new in it. There was word a "fungus" written with pen on the upper right corner under the remark field on the paper. The word was not there when I've received the RMA paper on 28th september.

I asked Shambhu Das what's this ( pointing to the word "fungus" written on the RMA paper ) and what happened to my card ?

He told me that their service engineer has found fungus on my graphic card. He also told they will not repair or replace the card as it's a physical damage.

I was taken aback by hearing this.

I told him that there was no physical damage and fungus on the graphic card when I handed it over to them and they have accepted the card for RMA after physically verifying and testing it. So if now they claim they have found fungus it's their fault.

I've tried talking to their higher authorities in the office ( Manas Biswas - Service center chief of Kolkata Branch ) but they told me talk with the guy at the service counter.

So after some heated argument they told me that they will send the card to XFX and get a replacement and told me to inquire after 2-3 weeks.

25th October 2010 - - - I've called them and they said me as they have found fungus on the card they will not repair or replace it and I should take my card back.

I told him that there was no fungus on my graphics card and fungus can not be produced on graphic card which is used daily and it's their fault not mine and you guys have said me that I will get a replacement for the card. Either I want my money back or give me a card as replacement.

Now suddenly he started to act very rudely and told me to take my card back in 3 days and they will do nothing about this card further and just hanged the phone call.

So it's looks like I'm just being cheated by Rashi Peripherals.

Update as on 3rd - Nov. - 2010 :

On 29th Oct 2010 - Sent a mail to rashi central support center & I got this reply from Rashi :

Dear sir
We will check with Branch & update to you

It was by someone named rajkumar and they CCed the mail to the Kolkata branch.

But as of today 3rd Nov 2010 I have got not any reply on the update status.

Update as on 14th - Nov. - 2010 :

On 3rd Nov 2010 I've sent a mail to :

rajkumar.rajak@rptechindia.com
Cc: asusrma@rptechindia.com
manas.biswas@rptechindia.com
rmakolkata@rptechindia.com

but did not get any reply :

On 4th Nov 2010 I've sent amil to :

rajkumar.rajak@rptechindia.com
asusrma@rptechindia.com

but go no reply as usual.

On 8th Nov 2010 mailed to :

RAJKUMAR <rajkumar.rajak@rptechindia.com>
Cc: asusrma@rptechindia.com

but got no reply

on 11th Nov 2010 I've called RPtech Kolkata branch and a guy named Sambhu Das is againb making false claim about "Fungus" and I've sent another mail to :

ashokg@rptechindia.com

but got no reply - So I've tried contacting with all higher officials of Rashi Peripherals but they are just ignoring me and my valid RMA claim.

The card is still in Rashi Kolkata Service center.

My last mail to them was this :

Dear sir,

More than a week has passed since I got a reply and still I have not
got any news on the update status.

I've sent you 3 more mails on 3rd and 4th and 8th November regarding
the update status of this issue and as usual I've got no reply.

So how long it will really take to resolve this issue ? This is
wasting my valuable time and harming my works.

I'm just getting frustrated, irritated and angry by the attitude of
your service center people at kolkata.

I'm a moderator of Digit forum and currently we are discussing the whole issue at here :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/133296-rashi-peripheral-cheating-xfx-graphic-card-warranty.html

Rashi ( Kolkata ) has accepted it after physical verification and
testing it on their pc and after one week Rashi ( Kolkata ) is
claiming that they have found fungus in it. The service center guy ie
Sambhu just took a pen and wrote the word fungus on the printed RMA
paper without my acknowledgement and just told me to take the card
back.I won't just accept what he wrote with a pen of the RMA paper
without my acknowledgement.

He said they just don't provide warranty for fungus and I will not get
any kind of replacement. !!

About the claims of your Service enter guy ie Sambhu at Kolkata I've
really some points to make it clear that his claim is simply baseless
and totally deceiving :

Fungus forms on food items and damp/sweaty clothes which have not been
washed for ages and kept in a damp condition. A computer peripheral is
subjected to heat and 8600GT heats up enough. So theres no way there
was any fungus on my 8600GT graphic card.

Moreover how the heck can fungus be physical damage. Physical damage
is said to have occurred if there is a crack on the pcb. A part of the
pcb being chipped off. Missing smd(surface mount device, like
resistor, capacitor, IC etc), scratches on any part of the card, signs
of tampering like worn out screws, tracks on pcb being cut and burn
marks on the pcb.

I just hope they ( Rashi Kolkata guys ) don't physically damage it
themselves and say "look its physically damaged and we cannot provide
the warranty".

There was absolutely no physical damage with my graphic card ( 8600GT
) when I gave it back to them....I can 100% guarantee that......Rashi
( Kolkata ) has found a really nice loophole to excuse them from
providing their so called "warranty" by simply putting the blame on
the customer and saying there has been "fungus" or something like
that.

The warranty period of 1095 days ie 3 years and the cards condition is
clearly printed on the RMA paper. Here I'm sending the RMA paper as
attachment.

The graphic Card XFX 8600GT is still in your Kolkata Service center
and the RMA No. : 19430

I hope you would take some proper action to resolve the issue as
quickly as possible.

Regards
Sudip Kumar Saha

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
What's the E-Mail addresses of the XFX, Rashi guys?
If this thread has enough replies, and links pointing to Rashi guys cheating people's RMA, then we can E-Mail that DIRECTLY to XFX, Asus, or whichever company concerned, against Rashi.
If a lot of TDF members (along with any other tech forum members) mass E-Mail them forwarding these complaints, the persuasive mass effect would definitely bring notice.
Twitter and other social networking tools can also be used to gain momentum, if XFX or Rashi have a twitter account, you can post the link @ them, and people can retweet that.
Small steps I know but they might well work.

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Mass emailing wont work. I've explained the necessary details to asingh so he'll let you know what you have to know and what needs to be done.

But if people are not going to put up genuine complaints with necessary details here but whine/bash rashi in other people's threads/forums then there's no hope of any progress.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Product-XFX GF 8600 GT 256 MB T84J256AL(G)

Date of RMA
-17/08/2010

Date of purchase
-04/10/2008

Rashi RMA numbe
r-13294

R.NO

PART no
-J6H099259

City: Rashi peripherals ( Kolkata Branch ) :

Rashi Peripherals Pvt.Ltd.
19, R.N. Mukherjee Road,
Eastern Building, Ground Floor,
Kolkata-700 001.
Tel No.:+91 - (033) 40011604/5/6
Fax No.:40011608

Rashi peripherals is offering 3 years Replacement Warranty on every XFX graphic cards. Here's the Link to their official Warranty Document :

Warranty / RCC Locations-
*www.rashiperipherals.co.in/ws/warranty.pdf

I've brought XFX 8600 Gt in 2008 before Durga puja.I am very excited about the new card because earlier card i.e. Zebronics 7200GS can'trun every game smoothly even in 1024*800 resolution so i decided to buy that card.

15/08/2010-Computer generates alarm like sound and the computer suddenly switch off itself.After further inspecting i found that the gf cards fan is not working.Now i have to manually spin the fan every time i switch on the computer.

17/08/10-I've submitted the card for rma my 8600 gt card at RAshi Peripheral

25/08/10
-After calling them they saying the card is alright its running perfectly they even said they test the card using 3D mark software and the test is passed.

05/10/10-I have given a bad feedback in www.rptechindia.com.

06/10/10-They reply me by following email-From: Shambhu Das [mailto:shambhu.das@rptechindia.com]
Sent: 07 October 2010 19:04
To: Ashok Goenka
Cc: Manas@Rashi_kolkata; rmakolkata@rptechindia.com; Gopal@Rashi_Kol; Rajkumar; gautamb@rptechindia.com
Subject: Fw: Feed Back

Sir,

This xfx card Problem : over heating prob , we have checked it for 30 -40 minuets and there was not fan and overheating problem found ,by 3D Mark test passed ok

So please Kindly suggest what to do ,

Regards

Shambhu Das

Rashi (kolkata)

Finally-After going many times to rashi for the card i have lost my hope and running the card by just manually spinning the fan.And no game can be played because after running game like Fifa 10 or Blur for about 20 minutes the card can't generate smooth graphics.And temperature goes 90*C even the fan is working

Evidence-

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/Gizmos/Xfx8600gtFanisworking.jpg
Fan is spinning

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/Gizmos/Xfx8600gtFanisnotworking.jpg
Fan is not spinning

Digitall evidence-

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/Gizmos/th_07102010008.jpg
Fan is spinning

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/Gizmos/th_07102010009.jpg
Fan is not spinning

Last edited by a moderator:

Cilus

laborare est orare
I had submitted my faulty HD 5770 to them at 18-10. After than I called them several times and they were keep saying this card is out of stock and once available they r gonna replace it. It was confirmed that the card was faulty n I'm gonna get a new one. last week Wednesday they confirmed about the new card. I sent a friend to collect it. Once I've reached Kolkata on 20th, i found out that it is the same card, I have given to them. I rushed to rashi on Monday morning @ 12. After a lot of fight, they asked me to come after 5 when they would test the card with games.
I went to Vedant and have told them about the incident. They instantly called a guy named Vikash, who was present at that time and asked me to explain everything to him. He is a big-shot in Rashi.
He called someone and has redirected me to a guy called Sambhu. I again went to Rashi but the guys didn't do anything until 6:30. There was a superior named Manas who I think is the main culprit. When I told them that they informed me in phone that my card has been replaced, he told me that I was lying and they did not find any defect and all the games were running perfectly. This guy is a genuine *******.
However their so called engineers nothing other than idiots, they don't have driver for ATi cards and tried to install Nvidia driver.
After I told them what to do, they downloaded Catalyst 10.4, net framework 2.0 and install Delta force 2. I was terrified by their choice of games. But when they started the game, instantly the system gets hanged. Now it was 7:30. I started to shout and some big guys who were relatively good came out. I told them everything. Now Manas changed his tone and said leave the card over there and they would replace it. I simply said I can't wait for another 1 month and needed the money back. After a long fight I have won and they gave me credit note of 8.3K for Vedant. It is now 8:30 and I've won the battle.
Next day I went to Vedant and bought XFX HD 6870 @ 14.9K+Vat.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
I am the latest addition to the team
I had submitted my faulty HD 5770 to them at 18-10. After than I called them several times and they were keep saying this card is out of stock and once available they r gonna replace it. It was confirmed that the card was faulty n I'm gonna get a new one. last week Wednesday they confirmed about the new card. I sent a friend to collect it. Once I've reached Kolkata on 20th, i found out that it is the same card, I have given to them. I rushed to rashi on Monday morning @ 12. After a lot of fight, they asked me to come after 5 when they would test the card with games.
I went to Vedant and have told them about the incident. They instantly called a guy named Vikash, who was present at that time and asked me to explain everything to him. He is a big-shot in Rashi.
He called someone and has redirected me to a guy called Sambhu. I again went to Rashi but the guys didn't do anything until 6:30. There was a superior named Manas who I think is the main culprit. When I told them that they informed me in phone that my card has been replaced, he told me that I was lying and they did not find any defect and all the games were running perfectly. This guy is a genuine *******.
However their so called engineers nothing other than idiots, they don't have driver for ATi cards and tried to install Nvidia driver.
After I told them what to do, they downloaded Catalyst 10.4, net framework 2.0 and install Delta force 2. I was terrified by their choice of games. But when they started the game, instantly the system gets hanged. Now it was 7:30. I started to shout and some big guys who were relatively good came out. I told them everything. Now Manas changed his tone and said leave the card over there and they would replace it. I simply said I can't wait for another 1 month and needed the money back. After a long fight I have won and they gave me credit note of 8.3K for Vedant. It is now 8:30 and I've won the battle.
Next day I went to Vedant and bought XFX HD 6870 @ 14.9K+Vat.

erm..doesn't XFX also come under rashi???

Cilus

laborare est orare
erm..doesn't XFX also come under rashi???

6870 from none of the other brands are available right now in Kolkata. And another thing is most of the problematic cards from XFX are actually Custom PCB designed cards. They probably provide bad design with low quality materials.
But HD 6870 can only have reference model specified by ATI/AMD. So I think XFX can't do much harm over here.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Here's Video evidence that my xfx 8600 gt fan is not working properly-YouTube - Xfx 8600 gt fan is not working.flv

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ they will say that you've made it yourself with special effects - just go there - submit your gfx card again and if this time they try to say that the card is working properly tell them to test it in front of you and do as what Cilus has did.

As in my case they are even unwilling to test it for "fungus" reason and don't want to keep the card- so "as of now" I can't do what cilus did.

6870 from none of the other brands are available right now in Kolkata. And another thing is most of the problematic cards from XFX are actually Custom PCB designed cards. They probably provide bad design with low quality materials.
But HD 6870 can only have reference model specified by ATI/AMD. So I think XFX can't do much harm over here.

who is the distributor of your HD6870 and at what price you have bought that HD5770 ?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I have submitted my gf card today.I have check in front of them and the finally the problem occurs and they receive it and said you will get your product within 1 week.They will give me an 9500 Gt 256 mb ddr3

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
that's good - let's hope for the best.

BTW, if you have a little time consider reading this :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-...-xfx-graphic-card-warranty-5.html#post1305638

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Rashi RMA number/ RMA challan number+ name of the shop and location: Prime ABGB (lamington road, Mumbai) RMA challan #2035.
Date of RMA: 1st November, 2010
City: Mumbai

1st november, 2010: Asus xonar DX was given for replacement to Prime via their service centre as there was static coming when using the card. It was confirmed from my end that was not an OS/driver/motherboard slot/speaker or earphone issue from my end. Prime verified that there was no physical damage and therefore taken the card.
11th november, 2010: I, Aces170 and Xterminator of techenclave forums were in Prime's office. Spoke to Gulbir about the replacement and says "Asus' replacement for xonar? That is a challenge"
2nd December, 2010: Called them up and was being told that they shifted somewhere in lamington Road to a bigger office, however guys at prime told me that Rashi says xonar DX is "out of stock", hinting that it would most likely be a complete replacement (unless its pure B.S.)

Within this period of time, I did RMA my 250gigs AAJS WD drive through Prime ABGB and the day before making this call, I got the replacement of a 320gigs AAJS blue drive via courier.

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Update-
30th November2010 (1 pm) -I have submitted my XFX 8600 GT 2nd times to Rashi Peripheral. I force Mr.Sambhu Das to check in front of me that the card’s fan is not working properly. He said wait about half an hour.
1.40 Pm-Service engineer check the card in front of me and found the problem.
2.20Pm-Sambhu Das receive the faulty product and told me that you will get your product after 1 week.

03.12.10-Around 10.30AM I called Rashi to get the status of the card.Sambhu Das said your card has come. I thought wow finally I won the game but…….
12.30 PM-They gave me an old XFX 8600Gt 256 MB ddr3.I asked Sambhu Das why you are giving me an old card.He said this card is from our buffer stock.
3.30Pm-I plugged the card in my pc..Installed 3D mark 06 to check the performance of the card but the frames are not smooth enough. I also checked the card performance in Mafia 2 Game but the result is not good enough. I was sure that the Sambhu has given me an faulty card.
4 PM-Called Rashi again and told the problem about not getting smooth frames rate. Sambhu said please come I will give you a brand new card.
I copied 3D mark 06 in my pen drive to show evidence of my problem.
5.30PM-I gave the challan and Sambhu asked an service man to check if the display is coming out or not) I stopped him and said “it is not about display problem and I told the earlier problems” .He said Ok and he gave me a Brand new Boxed packed XFX 8600 GT 256 DDR3 card.
7.30 PM-I plugged the GFX card and finally card is working properly.

After visiting numerous times I got this result so friends I finally won the game from the Rashi.

Here’s the XFX 8600 Gt Benchmark -
Temperature-Idle 47*C
load 62*C
3D mark 06-5130 Marks

PHOTO of the card-

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/Gizmos/th_IMG_0429.jpg

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/Gizmos/th_IMG_0430.jpg

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/Gizmos/th_IMG_0437.jpg

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/Gizmos/th_IMG_0432.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now here's mine :

Yesterday went into Rashi @ 11 AM with my elder bro to take my card back. As usually the Sambhu guy returned my card back saying it has fungus and I said to him now face to face with more loud and clear voice how the hell fungus can be grown on gfx card which was used daily for 4-6 hour atleast. Now he gave me all sort of crappy reason.

I took the card back and went into the shop ( with my elder bro ) from which I bought it. First they refused and said they can't do anything but I told them fungus can't be produced on a gfx card and according to Rashi service policy there's no mention of warranty will be invalid for fungus and explained everything to them. Now they called up Sambhu and told me to talk with him over phone. So I staterd talikng with him over phone with a strong voice.

Now Sambhu again telling me all sorts of those fungus ( and said it's physical damage ) craps and he said he has written fungus clearly on RMA paper

I said he first accepted it and if fungus is any sort of physical damage how the hell they approved it for RMA. and there's no mention of "fungus" in Rashi service policy on website.

He said that I should seek warranty from XFX and but not from Rashi but I said according to XFX - warranty is the responsibility of reseller and In this case rashi is the reseller and Rashio clearly mentioned about 3 years replacement warranty on all xfx gfx card on their website and on the box of gfx card and on the RMA paper.

Now again Sambhu tried to give me those "fungus" craps but now I said he accepted it for RMA first, wrote fungus on the RMA paper after one week without my acknowledgement and have not even showed me where there service engineer saw fungus so how come I can believe that they have not done anything wrong with the card in their service center and it's obvious that he is lying and I don't trust his claims about "fungus"

Now he said that he has no personal issue with me and why I'm not not trying to understand.

I told him that of course I have no personal issue with him but it's just because of him and his ill fungus reason my warranty is being denied and I just want my proper rights as a consumer.

Now he said me to come to their service center and he will check the card again infront of me.

So I went to the service center, waited one more hour and around 2 PM Sambhu told me to submit the card and they will test it.

At 2.35 PM their service engineer began testing it when he pointed at the dust and before he said anything I stopped him and with a angry voice I said stop lying and not to give those crap reasons again - It's just dust and how come he is so illiterate that he can't even recognize dust.

Now he told Sambhu that the card need to be repaired and I said I will not tolerate such nonsense things anymore and I want my card to be replaced. Now Sambhu told me to come the next day.

I told him everything has it's limits and I have reached the last point of my tolerance. More than 2 months has passed since they are cheating with me and wasting my time and if he want to do anything do it here and now.

Now he told me to wait for 30 mins and at 3.20 PM gave me a new box packed 8600 GT.

BTW, here's some pIcs :

*i56.tinypic.com/24chyz8.jpg

More images:
*i55.tinypic.com/8ygy2f.jpg

*i53.tinypic.com/2isbl95.jpg

*i54.tinypic.com/2saf6fs.jpg

Top Bottom