Discussion: The Rashi RMA experience thread

MegaMind

Human Spambot
When i went to Rashi with dead P5Q mobo(6 months back) at that time LGA775 has reached EOL.
They said it will b repaired...
After a couple of days, they said its a VRM issue can't be repaired & added one P5Q is avail at delhi but its a repaired mobo...
I said no to that n asked for credit note... Since ter s one mobo at rashi-delhi they cannot provide credit note..
Then i spoke to the manager that i'm not comfortable to take a repaired board n he said that i can get any new mobo i want w/bill & 3 years fresh warranty..
They've taken the value of my dead P5Q as 7.4K(bought for 8.8K), so i paid 4K & bought Z68-V..

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Sorry, my last couple post has been already deleted here. But I can't keep silent.

I thought Rashi ppl are made but looking at Extreme Gamers situation, Asus India people is also like them.

It is time to boycott ASUS. Never ever buy anything serviced by Rashi.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
When i went to Rashi with dead P5Q mobo(6 months back) at that time LGA775 has reached EOL.
They said it will b repaired...
After a couple of days, they said its a VRM issue can't be repaired & added one P5Q is avail at delhi but its a repaired mobo...
I said no to that n asked for credit note... Since ter s one mobo at rashi-delhi they cannot provide credit note..
Then i spoke to the manager that i'm not comfortable to take a repaired board n he said that i can get any new mobo i want w/bill & 3 years fresh warranty..
They've taken the value of my dead P5Q as 7.4K(bought for 8.8K), so i paid 4K & bought Z68-V..
In my case they have to provide full credit note dont you agree? I paid 23,500+ 13.5% VAT for the board.

BTW I wont get the Asus board. I'll get the Gigabyte G1. Assassin if they give me the credit note (is that possible? I have never had to do such a thing before).
What do you think?

Last edited:
OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Just out of curiosity, in Rashi Kolkata's office do they have the poster which says that they can contact Asus' head if there's any issue- and another poster where it talks about them honouring warranty against corroded/burnt products?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Just out of curiosity, in Rashi Kolkata's office do they have the poster which says that they can contact Asus' head if there's any issue- and another poster where it talks about them honouring warranty against corroded/burnt products?

I only saw that poster (part in bold).

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door

haven't seen any poster regarding burned part....

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Please do the below on my behalf:
Compile an email with the person's name and the serial number of the product+ the time that went by. No need to say you were frustrated and all that, they'll eventually figure it out. In the bottom simply tell them that since Rashi failed to do so despite claiming to have the professional type repair unit in their usual press releases, you want a solution from Asus as this is an Asus product. Just a plain jane letter enough to roll it to them.

Once you're done with all that, just put a question casually that is Asus still honours the burnt and corrosion warranty, why are the posters not present in Rashi service centres?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Please do the below on my behalf:
Compile an email with the person's name and the serial number of the product+ the time that went by. No need to say you were frustrated and all that, they'll eventually figure it out. In the bottom simply tell them that since Rashi failed to do so despite claiming to have the professional type repair unit in their usual press releases, you want a solution from Asus as this is an Asus product. Just a plain jane letter enough to roll it to them.

Once you're done with all that, just put a question casually that is Asus still honours the burnt and corrosion warranty, why are the posters not present in Rashi service centres?

Ok where should I send this email?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I forgot the address. If you could provide it to me, it would be very helpful.

Update:
Ok, I called up Abhijeet again today. He was a bit rude and told me that calling him up everyday was not going to change anything. I told him to give me a credit note. He told me to talk to Tapan.

Tapan would not pick up the phone. But I think he would stick to his stand that "the source of damage cannot be determined, so repair is the only option" if he picked up.

:grr:

Last edited:
OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
reachus@asus.com

Also take care to mention whether you have forwarded the product for RMA if you have done so. It will not help if you are fingerpointing at those 2 guys in the service. Mention the facts and they'll do what they have to do.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I had used the feedback channel at asus's website, and have just received a reply from them. They have asked the very same person (Tapan Sarkar) to help me out. WTH.

Here's a transcript: ( I will forward it to the escalation address).

The reply I am sending to him right now:
Dear Sir,

Please note that Mr. Tapan has not been very helpful in this regard. He constantly insists on getting this board repaired, but that is not the solution I want.
This is not the kind of board that you get repaired. The quality of repairs carried out is also very poor. This is the first time I have seen hot glue being used to repair a PCB along with the soldering of a wire.

I want a full replacement for this motherboard. Or give me a full refund/credit note for another board. I can return the box+accessories if asked to do so. The refund amount is 23,500 + 13.5% VAT.

To show you the condition in which I received the motherboard, I had taken pictures and a video of one of the faults of the board:

Video- 2011-12-13-088.mp4 - YouTube

Picture- *i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/aayushthegamer/2011-12-13-081.jpg

*i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/aayushthegamer/2011-12-13-084.jpg

I thought your authorised channel (Rashi Peripherals) was supposed to be doing quality repairwork, but this is just pathetic.
Also, a friend told me that all RMA/Service centres are supposed to have the Burn and corrosion policy posters displayed in clear sight to the customers. In the two hours for which I was in the Kolkata centre, I did not see even one poster stating this.

I am also forwarding this to the escalation service (reachus@asus.com).

Regards,
XXXXXX XXXXXX

---------- Original Message ----------
To:duelistgamer@yahoo.co.in
Date:2012-01-05 14:52:29

Dear Valued Customer,

We have fowarded your Feedback to the related Dept.

They assist you to solve it.

If there is any further feedback, please kindly let us know.

Dear Tapan,

Please assist the customer with his issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Pradish
Asus Customer Service

---------- Original Message ----------
Sent : 1/4/2012 2:16:52 PM
To : "tsd@asus.com.tw"
Subject : <TSD> Satisfaction-IND(EN): Very bad service

[CASEID=WTM201201042219373721]

Apply date : 1/4/2012 2:19:37 PM(UTC Time)

[Basic Information]
* Full Name:XXXXX XXXXXX
* E-mail:duelistgamer@yahoo.co.in
Phone Number:9903722000
* Country / Region:India[भारत गणराज्य ]
[Product Information]
Product Type:Motherboard
Product Model:Rampage III Extreme
Product S/N:B2M0AC295152
[Customer Comments]
* Subject:Very bad service
* Topic:2.Service Quality;
* Description:
I had purchased this motherboard, the Asus Rampage III Extreme, on the month of
April 2011.

In November I submitted the motherboard for RMA to the shop (Keshav Computers) I
had purchased from; one CPU power connector had stopped working and one RAM
slot had stopped working. The board was rejected by Service Centre (Rashi
Peripherals Pvt. Ltd.) for bent pins, a condition under which I had not given the board.
So I resubmitted the board to include bent socket pins upon instruction by Mr. Tapan
Sarkar.

But it took them over one month to return the board to me. When I received the board,
there was damage on the PCB. Now they took another three weeks to repair the
board. And the kind of repair that has been done is unacceptable.I even made them
run the board in front of me, only to find that the original problem (RAM slot) had not
been fixed.

Now they have asked for a week to fix the problem. I told them that the kind of
repairwork done was unacceptable. I want a replacement.

Critical update:

Tapan has reversed his stance.

He told me that he was fighting a lot internally with Rashi to get me replacement and I shouldn't have sent an email complaining.

He called me up sometime later and said that a fresh board without a box had been sent from the HQ to them for replacing my board.

He said that he would check the board out to see whether it really was a new board.

Lets hope for the best.

I think his job was on the line lol.

Update:

Bad news. The info turned out to be false. Tapan has told me to call the asus toll free number on monday and explain everything.

The hope was false :(

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Guys I am planning to get the G1. Assassin mobo. I will talk to Asus but I wont buy any more of their products.

I want to know if Gigabyte service has any hassles or not.

Also, if the GA-X58A-OC is available anywhere, please tell me.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Guys I am planning to get the G1. Assassin mobo. I will talk to Asus but I wont buy any more of their products.

I want to know if Gigabyte service has any hassles or not.

Also, if the GA-X58A-OC is available anywhere, please tell me.

Call MD Computers or/and Vedant.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
MD is overpriced. Even Poulash.

I am buying online. Arnab Chatterjee of Gigabyte told me that X58A-OC is unavailable here.

Top Bottom