The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
I suggest getting a used Sigma 10-20 for 15-16k or a tokina 11-16 for around 18-20k ...if you wanna get a new one maybe Sigma 10-20 is cheaper and under 30k

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
*imgur.com/OmgldtU.jpg

*imgur.com/DtVuD8v.jpg

Somewhere near Lonavla, from a moving train

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION]

How is Tokina ( Nikon Mount) 11-16mm f/2.8 For a wide-angle lense? Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 is too pricey. If you have a hands-on experience with any of the wide lenses, you can tell.

I recently bought a Tokina 11-16 for my Nikon. The lens is sharp, sharp and sharp. And heavy!!!!

Last edited:

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
Posting after long time :) This snap was taken at IIT Gandhinagar Blithchron 16

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1450/24150343084_d481e3bcd8_z.jpgSunburn by Kapil Juvale, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome shots !!
Posting pics after a long time. Just few of may pics clicked throughout last 3 months.

*drscdn.500px.org/photo/136040313/m%3D900/194d0c5d510c3de6c772059b23973381

Its My Sleeping Time Dude... by Harshil Sharma on 500px.com

*drscdn.500px.org/photo/135642801/m%3D900/4b3998250fb5e6db3eead1a899a6f15a

Up Above The World So High... by Harshil Sharma on 500px.com

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
after a long time

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1484/24678176220_bd706c0512_o.jpg_MG_0088 by Anirban Das Deb, on Flickr

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1636/24855686522_31862aeaed_o.jpg_MG_0090 by Anirban Das Deb, on Flickr

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1608/24973694565_e70fd6de9a_o.jpg_MG_0110 by Anirban Das Deb, on Flickr

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1518/24343089264_906de9c41b_o.jpg_MG_0115 by Anirban Das Deb, on Flickr

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1576/24346822093_52fa7c6bb8_o.jpg_MG_0124 by Anirban Das Deb, on Flickr

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1618/24346566103_0e274d88e7_o.jpg_MG_0006 by Anirban Das Deb, on Flickr

*farm1.staticflickr.com/677/23363334826_d781caf873_o.jpgPana_15_18 by Anirban Das Deb, on Flickr

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
thank you! :D

I dont know.. the last two were shot long back but uploaded to Flickr just last week. although the last pic [vintage wala] was uploaded to FB sometime back too. are you on my friendlist on FB??

also, the last two photos are shot in Maharashtra's Tamhini ghat. Classic Tamhini ghat in the monsoons.

- - - Updated - - -

also, wildlife photography is so exciting!! :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
wildlife photography is exciting ..and most tiring as you carry long lens on treks..and most costly one as big lenses cost huge..and lot more time consuming :D :D

I am myself a wildlife fan here ;)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I dont know.. the last two were shot long back but uploaded to Flickr just last week. although the last pic [vintage wala] was uploaded to FB sometime back too. are you on my friendlist on FB??
No, I am not on FB. If it's uploaded just this week, I guess it's some other similar photo.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
that leopard. tell about that leopard. it is my favorite big cat.

Ranthambore National Park, Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan, 24th Jan 2016.

We were on a safari on Route 6 through the dry and sparse jungle. We were not too enthusiastic because of all routes in Ranthambore National Park Route 6 had lower possibilities of big cat sightings. In spite of that, we [there were 4 of us; 3 of us roomies and 1 other mutual friend] and a family of two, were in an open back Gypsy.

We started off the safari with loads of Spotted Deer, Nilgai, wild boar, sambar, and a couple of well concealed owls. We even caught a sight of two magnificent male spotted deers sparring with their horns, about 30ft from our gypsy. The sound from the horns striking each other resounded across the area. Unfortunately, I was not in a good position to capture any photos of the sparring, with lots of branches blocking the photo.

At the fag end of the route, our gypsy and a host of other gypsies and open topped buses turned around for the trip back to the starting point. Everyone was visibly dejected. Due to all the vehicles turning around and lack of space, there was a damn traffic jam in the middle of a damn forest. And couple that with the stack mechanism, First In Last Out, we were waiting in our gypsy for a long time, bored and upset and silently cursing the big cat.

It was during this time, when yours truly was scouting a rock at the base of a tree some 250-300ft in the distance, to the left of our gypsy, through some undergrowth and dry branch twigs. The rock did not much look like a rock. I was getting a bit queasy about the rock not looking like a rock when it happened.

the damn rock turned its head. Turned out that the leopard was looking directly at our gypsy the whole time and its body was hidden by the dry yellow grass. First thing I did was to fire off the shutter and the result is what you see.

What followed was totally unexpected. My roommate had noticed me looking keenly with my 70-300 Tamron at one particular spot and he had guessed something was up. When I clicked the shutter, he had finally seen the big cat. and then he stood up and let out a scream. I was aghast and tried to quieten him and pulled him down to his seat. By the time some other tourists too had seen him and a steady "Kaha hai Kaha hai" " wo raha Wo raha" started and begun rising in volume in spite of the drivers and guides trying to keep the volume down.

I went back to my viewfinder. the leopard too had heard all of this chatter and was getting nervous, looking at all of the buses and gypsies. After sometime, it rose from its palce and trotted off further back into the jungle, giving me one last glimpse at its marvelous pale yellow coat with black rosettes. Its movement was quiet and graceful, yet powerful as it vanished into the bush.

It was amazing how the leopard was there the whole time our gypsy and a load of other vehicles arrived and yet no one saw it. Speaks loads about its predatory senses and patience. Mother nature is one hell of a teacher.

And that, gentlemen, is how i shot my first big cat. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION] what a story..why dont you write travellogs ...you seems to be good at writing.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I really like the leopard. What you said, of leopard being nearby and no one noticing, that happens.
its a great feeling, to see a random shadow, or in your case a stone, move. That's like coming across a wild ninja. Watching it move in the wild is like watching finely crafted anime... unreal.
It's in Jim Corbett's books. Bhageera pulls that stunt on Mowgli. Have seen that happening in SGNP and Rajmachi. If there is a small group, it is bold enough to not get disturbed. leopards are most adaptive of big cats, and are one step in the food pyramid removed from dogs and rats. So in a way, they are parasites on civilization, thriving on the fallout of humans and garbage.

I'm back!!! Kinda xD. The final year of bachelor's is taking its toll. Anyways, I did click a picture or two recently. (And what happened to the forum...full of unnecessary plugins....somebody, please get IPB or Xenforo)

*farm2.staticflickr.com/1466/24460965814_57fd7dbb23.jpgDSC04859-Faceless by Siddharth T., on Flickr

Top Bottom