The Photography Thread

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
tried experiment of star trail of plane lights
*i.imgur.com/mXESRLl.jpg

24 images, each an 8 second exposure of a plane flying overhead, stacked with startrails.exe

It will look cool if you can take the landing or lifting progression. from a 45 degree angle to the landing pitch.

There is a bit of shake in your composition. A given if you were tracking it.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Each of the planes lights appeared as a ring instead of a dot, donno why
I guess, it's out of focus. So the rings, rather than dots.

I didn't know or heard before that people do airplane trails until I saw yours. Nice idea. Googled and saw some good airplane trails.

Those who haven't seen an airplane trails photography here are couple of sample from google. Slightly bigger resolution.
*www.bryansnider.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Rhythm-of-the-Urban-Sky-Full.jpg

*cdn.airplane-pictures.net/images/uploaded-images/2014/3/28/380148.jpg

Faun can give it a try as he lives closer to an airport...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ooh wow. Have to see how these are done, each exposure seems longer than 5 minutes at least.
have to get closer to airport, where I was they were all mostly taking the exact same path

hadn't thought of plane trails, repurposed it from a timelapse
[youtube]vRqOvq7ixFU[/youtube]

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] I am not happy with just eyes and just wings of insects......I love to have some environment and composition in the shot ...I may differ from purist of macro but I want composition in the shot :)
if u check any macro shot I took in last one year I have not shot any real closeup even after getting tamron 90mm which has 1:1.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION] no these are taken at ovlekarwadi butterfly garden, thane
it's on the edge of sgnp! I went to check out this place today. Thanks so much, going to take some other friends to this place also, it's a hidden gem. Only open on sundays though, between 8 and 12 am. There is another butterfly garden right opposite, called Elvis Butterfly Park.

*i.imgur.com/7uo9Y8Y.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
hadn't thought of plane trails, repurposed it from a timelapse
Spent a lot of time shooting this time lapse?
Does your kodak have any intervalometer or something? or is it using selftimer?

@nac I am not happy with just eyes and just wings of insects......I love to have some environment and composition in the shot ...I may differ from purist of macro but I want composition in the shot :)
if u check any macro shot I took in last one year I have not shot any real closeup even after getting tamron 90mm which has 1:1.
So it's your style, then. :)
Butterfly
Nice and close.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
roughly 1300 frames, 20 seconds per. no timer or intervalometer, used a watch and clicked between 20-40 seconds apart. couldn't even find a clicker, the trigger itself is causing shake. Except for the plane one, which was whenever a plane came.
for macro shots shifted from focus all over the place to focus in the center, think it made a lot of difference

nac

Aspiring Novelist
roughly 1300 frames, 20 seconds per. no timer or intervalometer, used a watch and clicked between 20-40 seconds apart. couldn't even find a clicker, the trigger itself is causing shake. Except for the plane one, which was whenever a plane came.
for macro shots shifted from focus all over the place to focus in the center, think it made a lot of difference
Wowie!!! You got a super duper patience to get that many frames in this fashion. :clap2:Do you got any other camera or just this Kodak C360? Something with manual controls?
I didn't know Anorion is this serious. ;) Do you have a flickr account? I would love to see yours... :)

I didn't get you about that macro part.

sujoyp

Grand Master
it's on the edge of sgnp! I went to check out this place today. Thanks so much, going to take some other friends to this place also, it's a hidden gem. Only open on sundays though, between 8 and 12 am. There is another butterfly garden right opposite, called Elvis Butterfly Park.

*i.imgur.com/7uo9Y8Y.jpg

Yes but rememeber its just for photographers...others will get very bore there...and take 55-200 type of lens nor longer nor shorter ...its really nice place..entry fee is 100 per head..and go early like 7 am ..the late you go the difficult to take pic of butterfly, they become too active.

- - - Updated - - -

anorion did u create that timelapse video..its amazing :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^yes. Will go in the morning, the butterflies were flying around like crazy in afternoon.

Do you got any other camera or just this Kodak C360? Something with manual controls?

yup, got 400D. not so serious. Got bored or irritated of timelapse in 5 mins, 15 mins but after three or four 40 mins- 1 hour sessions, it becomes difficult to stop. mostly stopped when battery ran out. I was holding the mobile still to time once, and a tiny spider started to make a web between my fingers.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
:lol:
post of my better results here only
my flickr got full after school I think. Have to go find it. Used Sony Mavica back then, the floppy cam in Taal used by Akshay Khanna.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
ok so since you people have been pestering me about my high ISO shots I decided to do a whole shoot at the highest I though would give me a good result.

Shot this at ISO 12800, postprocessed a lot, artifacts are still there but it give quite a cool looking shot.

*farm1.staticflickr.com/750/21274431936_31c6a0291e_c.jpgI can see in the dark by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I can see in the dark
Contrasty photo. I am noticing these kinda effect lately that putting a light straight behind the subject, in movies, tele ads and all. In a way it's too distracting and hurting my eyes. It's little different than using that light for silhouette, it's too bright.

If you would do something if I pester, I would do it for shooting low light @ base ISO rather than high ISO. I think this shot could have shot very well in base ISO, still subject and most likely you could able to find something to put your camera steady for long exposure and this contrasty picture would look spectacular in b/w. ;)

aadi007

Journeyman
Took some random shots inside the house with my new Tamron 17-50 VC lens on Canon 600D.
Most of the shots are dimly lit . ISO -800, F2.8, shutter speed 1/30 or so.The VC definitely helps.

How do I add photos here from flickr?

IMG_5357.jpg

*flic.kr/p/ywVG8E

*www.flickr.com/photos/135411203@N03/shares/a2T3eA

- - - Updated - - -

Why dont the images show up in the post?
Please tell me the trick :)

Attachments

• IMG_5357.jpg
    IMG_5357.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It's not rocket science Aadi. This is how it is, one of yours.

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5717/21353372966_31ca57631e_z.jpgIMG_5371 by SHILADITYA CHAUDHURY, on Flickr

I have been thinking of posting this "how to" for quite some time. I will do it now.

How to post image links in a forum from flickr?

Since the size of the image files are slightly bigger, I put them in spoiler.

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/Flickr%20sharing%20tutorial%201_zps68k5qprq.png

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/Flickr%20sharing%20tutorial%202_zpsgvgbakxa.png

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/Flickr%20sharing%20tutorial%203_zpswdsvg0ck.png

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/Flickr%20sharing%20tutorial%204_zpsdyuxjjnu.png

aadi007

Journeyman
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION]
thanks. know it's not rocket science but sometimes u do miss simple things :)
I do not still get the BB code as mentioned in your post above.
Guess, my brain is really not working well today.

Also, when I attach a photo from my laptop, can't it be shown directly on the post?

Last edited:
Top Bottom