some from me :)

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7415/9346633992_3bae9d60b9.jpg
Chapel Bridge, Lucerne, Switzerland by Kjuvale, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3769/9339464662_3b8c86a288.jpg
Mt. First, Grindelwald, Switzerland by Kjuvale, on Flickr

trublu

Ta da !
Chennai on a canvas:

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ME6wWldHEc4/Ue2WdX05lAI/AAAAAAAAErw/_yfIqlDRc5g/w732-h549-no/C360_2013-07-22-08-10-00-283.jpg

Shot and edited using Camera 360.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Pretty pics everyone :)

Yo, kjuvale, cant you post some less impressive pics so that we feel a bit better about ourselves :>

Hrishi

Guys , should someone go for a Long Zoom camera or a entry level DSLR , if willing to spend ~20k ??? I was thinking about buying one within a month or two.
I don't know much about photography but when I see those pics , it thrills me.
More into nature and wildlife.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@kapil those are awesome

@pranav you are right about kapil ...those pics of kapil makes us feel too bad and jealous :D :D

@rishi you said you donno much about photography....soo I say get a superzoom camera and start..it will cover your landscape, macro portrait birding etc...if you start to get interested in any specific type of photography you can later get DSLR with that lens...

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@kjuvale: Liked Mt. First, Grindelwald, Switzerland by Kjuvale, on Flickr. And I agree with pranav. You should often post some not-so-great ones so that we could feel somewhat better.:p

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ Don't know whether this is happening with only me or with everyone else that photos on your blog have got vertically stretched too much. Checkout and adjust the image heights.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
You can try specifying the dimensions of the image explicitly. You can do that in the HTML code, if you could do that in Wordpress.
One more thing, I would suggest you to watermark your images before posting on website/blog/flickr. That way your pics can't be used somewhere without due credit to you.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Clicked this today....the sky was really beautiful today

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3704/9350137735_4d30d0ee94_c.jpg
Colors of the sky by sujoyp, on Flickr

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^Its magical. Only nature can do that. Very good click Sujoy (Dhaka sky?)

Few macro photos from my side (Got this Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di 1:1 Macro)
Expect more from me soon....

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3764/9353226308_847db692a0_c.jpg
6 by rH1twick, on Flickr

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5469/9350457503_2679eef889_c.jpg
5 by rH1twick, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7449/9350462847_251efc48ee_c.jpg
4 by rH1twick, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7431/9350476341_e7bd73daf1_c.jpg
3_2 by rH1twick, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3812/9353263670_6fe55095bf_c.jpg
2 by rH1twick, on Flickr

6. (This is not at per with the quality images posted here...still....)
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7394/9353272596_c6c6fb1fe6_c.jpg
1 by rH1twick, on Flickr

Last edited:

Hrishi

@rishi you said you donno much about photography....soo I say get a superzoom camera and start..it will cover your landscape, macro portrait birding etc...if you start to get interested in any specific type of photography you can later get DSLR with that lens...

Thanks for the suggestion.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ol, I got a good lense but I'm having trouble focusing.
I get a very small spot to focus and that too is not round shaped rather flat. Suppose in this poorly drawn pic X is the object then the focus pot is the dotted line. I get a good photo of the place where the line is crossing "X" [------------X------------]

Can someone guide me on Macro photography?

sujoyp

Grand Master
rhitwik macro photography is a different genre altogether ....u need different equipments and different techniques.

1. Macro photography dont need autofocus...better use manual focus..its more accurate

2. dont use f2.8 for macros ...u will have to go down to f7.1-f8 to get the whole subject sharp ...bokeh u will get easily due to magnification, dont worry about it.

3. You will definitely need a external flash with diffuser for macros coz when you go soo close ur popup flash can not light the area...and diffuser coz u wont want ur subjects go blind after ur photo.

4. at 1:1 thats at the highest magnification its too difficult to handhold the lens and camera ...for two reasons which are you have to go around 6-7 inches close to the subject and subject will fly /run away if its insect ....you can not see the insect through viewfinder...you have to use the back lcd ...better make a proper distance from the insect even if u have to loose some magnification...you can just crop the pic later.

5. strengthen your forearms :D ... you can imagine the dslr+lens+flash = 1.5kg in your hand stable for long time ...a slight movement and pic will be useless

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Great shot Sujoy! It would have been simply magical watching the sky.
Liked your 1st and the 4th shot rhitwick. BTW why those black borders around your pics? IMO, it's distracting the view of the images.
I don't know technicalities of photography and thus go with the senses when capturing my pics. When capturing, you won't bother about the technical aspects, but instead on getting the shot right and beautiful. Trial and error lets you have the experience to capture great shots. No single values fit into all kinds of subjects and scenes thus you need to experiment that and then apply the outcome to your photography.

sujoyp

Grand Master
thanks @ CyberKID ..yes the sky was really beautiful yesterday...and it was reddish out side ...although I have darken the pic a bit but the colors are actual and not oversaturated ;)

Top Bottom