The Photography Thread

anmolksharma

Broken In
"Where words fail, music speaks." ~ Hans Christian Anderson

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3766/9228453967_b406938acd_z.jpg
DSC_8096 - Copy by anmolksharma, on Flickr

lm2k

Journeyman
@CyberKID - nice time lapse, just the flower looks a bit out of focus. was it 50cm away from the camera because most of the fixed focus camera show things (that are 50cm away from them) in focus while closer ones wont?
@izzikio_rage -"Earthenware lights" shot is beautiful, i liked its abstract feel.
@Gen.Libeb -beautiful , y the part of building near the parachute is showing up like painted or some thing?
@pranav0091 - amazing, how did you manage to keep that drop stable in perfect spherical shape?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^
Its about timing and luck buddy. I have a few other shots with drops that arent that well formed. After a few shots you realise the 'delay' between when the drop reaches its point of no return and the time when you should press the shutter to get a particular effect. i guess there is not much one can do about the luck factor as we humans can only be so accurate with timing.

What I do is, take a large number of shots with the camera as close to the drop as possible, focus must be precise (cant overstress this one, I use the tip of a fork held by myself to set-up the focus prior to taking the shot. Hold the fork so that the pointed tip is facing you and any water drop falling from the tap will fall directly on top of it - then focus to this point as precisely as you possibly can, MF, camera on tripod) Also keep the camera perpendicular to the path of the falling drop so as mimimise the chances of the drop going out of focus. Then take a large number of shots and hope that atleast one of them is worth showing off :D

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Here is a random shot that came out okay. No subject of any sort to speak of:-

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2867/9246229041_e764afe47a_c.jpg
Rain against the city by pranav0091, on Flickr

Got some drops on the camera in the process, hope I dont have to pay dearly for this :|

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Got my new SLR (or MILC) the Sony NEX6 :)) .... still trying to figure it out, but amazed at how simple it is to use

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3690/9257373172_a7d44ce84c_z.jpg
Rains, long drives and cool music by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
How much you got it for?

got it with a bag, a 48mbps 16GB card, a UV and polarizing filter all for 49k . Amazon.in has it for 45k, however not very sure of how their EMI system works out, so decided to go and purchase from a shop.

Oh, Easyday can also get you the cam on order, the freebies are largely the same with a tripod replacing the polarizing filter. Price is 49k there too

ankushkool

Youngling
got it with a bag, a 48mbps 16GB card, a UV and polarizing filter all for 49k . Amazon.in has it for 45k, however not very sure of how their EMI system works out, so decided to go and purchase from a shop.

Oh, Easyday can also get you the cam on order, the freebies are largely the same with a tripod replacing the polarizing filter. Price is 49k there too

Great! i sud tell to its money well spent. This cam is just brilliant at higher ISOs

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
That was a great shot, Amlan! And Congrats for the cam! :razz:

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3822/9259191087_7191816ab2_z.jpg
11072013579 by CyberK1D, on Flickr
Captured this today morning, so, it's fresh!

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Great! i sud tell to its money well spent. This cam is just brilliant at higher ISOs

That was a great shot, Amlan! And Congrats for the cam! :razz:

Thanks guys, finally I get a chance to try out the SLR only pics :))

49k ..hmm lot of money ...and which lens is the kit lens..I saw somewhere sony 3N have 16-50 as kit

I know, it took me quite some time to convince myself that it was worth it. I've gotten the same 16-50 pancake lens, it folds up so it's pretty compact. The jpegs are pretty good with almost no distortion. The RAWs need a bit of correction before they can be used though. Not buying another lens for the next year at least, by that time Emount should have a good collection of lenses, otherwise there are always convertors :))

sujoyp

Grand Master
keep track of cheap minolta lenses ...it will fit on ur mount and they r super cheap...at least you can buy wide angle and macro with manual focus...remaining buy when u have money :)

btw 16-50 is nice range...16mm is quit wide

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Guys, How about having a TDF Photographers' Group on Flickr?

Should it be?

1. Public, anyone can join
2. Public, invitation only

sujoyp

Grand Master
@cyberkid thats actually a great idea...we can just add our pics to the group ....and people wont be able to hide bad pics by posting smaller size pics :D :D

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
What about naming it "TDF Photographers" group? or some other attractive name? What about the copyrights "TDF", "ThinkDigit Forum" in name and description respectively?
We can make it a Public - Invitation Only group, where people would be invited by email, just to manage joining of members. Those who want to join can inform admins here on the forum.
Any suggestions on naming Admins, Mods and Members? Any creative persons here?

While I was looking for suggestions and technicalities on creating a group, seems like I accidentally created the group :oops:. Found this out when Amlan joined the group and I got a mail asking to review his joining request.
So, the group has been created.

• *www.flickr.com/groups/tdfphotographers/

We can work on adding more admins and mods. Till then can we have some more members to join the group? Will it be OK if I send you guys invitation to join, using your flickr usernames?

sujoyp

Grand Master
cyberkid I am all ready...do we really want a mod or admin in our group...its invitation only group..soo not needed....you are the creator of the group soo you have the admin rights...thats enough I think :D

Top Bottom