The Photography Thread

lm2k

Journeyman
@CyberKID - nice flowers.
@anmolksharma - nice shot, but somehow if the curve woud have been complete it would have been awesome.
@anirbandd - nice to see those cute kittens. :)
@nac - i liked the first one , i think it could have benn a bit more sharp.

some from my side
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8320/7999174715_a72305965a_b_d.jpg
SE elm , twilight portrait mode , cloudy white balance

some shots from my garden blooms
pink lily
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8262/8679902677_a6d0806a6d_z.jpg
moss rose
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8123/8656859421_707fa68c23_z.jpg

took this shot some time bac
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3752/8901336439_2292c17718_z.jpg

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
A few of my D3100 captures

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3787/9155872923_3dc827712d_z.jpg

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2860/9155870389_687c4a3070_z.jpg

*goo.gl/g2I9I

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2859/9158097898_3a5ed006e6.jpg

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7346/9158095860_2ea4215dd5_c.jpg

lm2k

Journeyman
Yeah,
Lm2k, Moss rose is lovely, but the it should have presented in a much better way than this...

thnx
moss rose was a bit difficult because it didnt have much leaves to place that dangling runner stock and get a greener background.

@axelzdly1 - i liked the first one from the top. I remember you had posted a time lapse of of the last shot where the clouds appeared like ink in water, it was also nice.

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
@lm2k thanks man!
about the timelapse, Im trying to make another with a dSLR, when the clouds look stunning.. :D
too bad these days, sky is either empty or raining.. :(

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@ lm2k: Liked your lily.
@ alexzdly1: liked your cypress vine bloom. Would love to see the whole vine in blooms. Liked the last shot too sans the tower. Use a hacksaw and cut that down :-D for a great capture. If you need help, I'll be there to help you out with that.

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
@cyberkid Hacksaw? that wld take days bro! how about this? Surprise! :)

That tower has its presence in most of my photographs... I love it because, it makes me think of something very lonely..!

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
I thought a better idea, something as suggested by you, but, then removed it for obvious reasons.
The N5@ is spying on all of us.
What about a blowtorch. That would be easy and quicker.:wink:
As for your point of view. That's interesting too. I never took it that way.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Desi one can't do that.
Thanks. No bonsais as of now, except those miniature oranges, if they are included in bonsai.

My first take on Time Lapse Photography

Shot with my laptop.
Will improve upon this. Will put the plant inside my home before shooting. That way, it will be away from movements caused by air.

lm2k

Journeyman
^^beautiful!!
how? and what application ? battery?
for longer periods you would also need a table lamp at hand.

@sujoyp and @CyberKID - thank you.

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
@Cyberkid Well tried!
Try capturing more frames this time..! That will make the video even more smooth..

If you have an Android phone., try this app..
LapseIt Pro

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^^beautiful!!
how? and what application ? battery?
for longer periods you would also need a table lamp at hand.

@sujoyp and @CyberKID - thank you.

Thanks, Dell Webcam Central. It has a function called timelapse video. Discovered that a day before yesterday only while playing with neighbour's year old baby. You know, everyone has something or the other to teach you. As for the capture, the laptop was always connected to mains. Making the video took a hour and forty minutes for a 9 minute long video. The present one's a faster version of the original video running in at 31.25X played using VLC and recorded using a screen capture utility. I didn't find any utility to save fast forwarded videos.

@Cyberkid Well tried!
Try capturing more frames this time..! That will make the video even more smooth..

If you have an Android phone., try this app..
LapseIt Pro

As for the frame rate, this video was captured at 6 frames per minute (i.e. the capture interval was set at 10 seconds). The video became a 9 minute long one. Next time, I'll make that interval ~30 seconds or such.
As for an android phone, I don't have one yet. The one for symbian devices (Lapse) refuses to work on my cell, only lapse basic does, that gives vga resolution. Moreover that would need a tripod sort of platform to place the phone firmly and in a better position to capture the shots.

sujoyp

Grand Master
in cloudy situations u will have to bump up the ISO ...try to go till ISO 3200 and see if it works for you...shutter speed should at least be 1/30 to take shot hand holded.

nikku_hot123

In the zone
^^i tried few shots of a moving fishing boat in sea , with my 55-250 bt while cropping detailing is bad...i used ur said settings too.

Top Bottom