The Photography Thread

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Thanks sujoy ..

One thing i wanna ask... I faced a lot of problem while capturing moving pics in low light (in kerala it's too cloudy)?? Any suggestion??

Exactly what Sujoy said, also a wide open aperture will help immensely. This is basically the smallest number and will look something like f2.8 or f3.8

A high ISO will reduce quality, so try to find a balance between that, the shutter speed and the aperture (a small aperture will reduce your depth of field)

sujoyp

Grand Master
when I used to shoot birds in cloudy weather , I used to put a ISO 800 , point metering, shutter priority and 1/80s for 200mm ...this works for me :) try to find what suits u.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Thank you Sujoy and gen

izziko how ever u did the shot ...its looking unique...good one

Not too hard, camera on a 15 sec exposure on a tripod. Used a white LED torch to make the outline of the guitar and the blue light from a dell charger to make the strings. Did no post processing, this is straight form the camera

anmolksharma

Broken In
Every Morning's Essential Stuff

Full Screen View Recommended. Please feel free to share the picture.

Comments and suggestions are most Welcome.

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7309/9207346331_6e023864c2_z.jpg
fb copy - Copy (2) by anmolksharma, on Flickr

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Trying out my hand at BW and photographing lights

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2853/9220773483_c45af1fbac_z.jpg
Craziness in C# major by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7448/9105591903_3f58437446_z.jpg
Earthenware lights by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Nice pics Izzikio :)

I went back to my favourite waterdrops this weekend :D

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3833/9221027871_5cde0bcb02_c.jpg
Waterdrop - 2 by pranav0091, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
1st one is nice amlan
donno whats the 2nd one

@pranav nice drop and reflection...y dont you get something beautiful in background and put in our photography project thread :D

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Which thread is that? :)

EDIT:
The background of the pic above is the shadow from the tap cast by the flash :D

Last edited:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@pranav0091 - You are great with water drop shots. I tried some yesterday but came out no good.

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7346/9229422094_e1e839421a_b.jpg

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^ Thanks for the compliments buddy, your cityscapes are pretty too, something I have never really gotten a chance to get a decent shot :> :)

I do hope you were trying with tripods, else its an exercise in futility. Even with tripods its a lot about luck, a bit of editing, and a large number of shots. :>

I'll someday but up a small DIY on how to do it like sujoy mentioned. The best part is that it needs no macro lenses - I have been using my kit 18-55 at the 55mm end all this while :)

Top Bottom