The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac no issues...I am very stuck in photography right now...no outdoor shoots...no one to take portraits...no flowers,..no macros ....soo very limited subjects..
what new can i try in smoke...maybe I will try bit drops now :D

nac

Aspiring Novelist
@nac no issues...
No offense meant, Sujoy. :(

BTB, you sound like me. Most of the times, I look for subjects in and around my home. It would be good if I travel a lot, at least for taking photographs ;)

I am very stuck in photography right now...no outdoor shoots...no one to take portraits...no flowers,..no macros ....soo very limited subjects..
Try tutorials of digitalrev channel from youtube. Stuck @ home, levitation...

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@nac no issues...I am very stuck in photography right now...no outdoor shoots...no one to take portraits...no flowers,..no macros ....soo very limited subjects..

Yeah. Same here :(

Drops are wonderful once you can get them setup.. As a tip, I'd suggest you dont take the drops directly from the tap, instead make them fall off from a very pointed object, they are much more regular that way. However, if you are planning the "teardrops" kind of pic, then it helps to keep the source as blunt as possible.

@techfreak: The pics look not well in focus buddy. Point and shoots :|

@nac: I'll check out those videos too. Thanks :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Amlan, Good work... :thumbs: You're getting very good IQ from a compact. :doublethumb:

I don't get to share the photographs I take for quite a while as most of them are wedding, birthday photographs... Here are the two which I took some months ago in the midnight. People gave a weird look and pass comments about me taking photographs. :unsure:

Please do comment on the flaws in these photographs. What I could have done to make this photographs better? Right from composing to PP work...

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5344/8801084253_0631692c2a_o.jpg

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2853/8811671206_cda960a401_o.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac and pranav actually I used to go out every weekend when i was in nagpur-hometown ....I loved birding and flower shots..but since i came to bangladesh I feel like caged ..anyways nac I will check the video..thanks
thanks for the tip pranav ...I have already taken some shots before ...I will try harder :)

@amlan nice shot

@nac ur 1st pic is very simple subject and u shot direct towards light thats y it have slight discoloring lens flare type right at the centre of the pic..remianing in the 1st pic seems fine
your 2nd pic is technically correct...but u have choosen wrong place....the place seems just too bright ...and those yellow arrow mark is a disdvantage if u r showing light trails....choose darker place with dark backgrounds...u can find it on highways

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
nac said:
techfreak, Are those from 1000D?
Yes. 70-300m on few shots. Haven't used Photoshop even a little on photos.

Singapore in photos part 2 now!!!

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/8827082008_444dc47acb_o.jpg
1 by Karan Raj Baruah, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2809/8816494221_a2e06b01e5_o.jpg
2 by Karan Raj Baruah, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7420/8827084946_632c0fe45e_o.jpg
3 by Karan Raj Baruah, on Flickr

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5327/8827087214_0c59bbedba_o.jpg
4 by Karan Raj Baruah, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3719/8827113152_98a78b1df4_o.jpg
15 by Karan Raj Baruah, on Flickr

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5461/8827117450_8b821d12d0_o.jpg
17 by Karan Raj Baruah, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7444/8827136492_0a1e7de86c_o.jpg
22 by Karan Raj Baruah, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2832/8816550247_ae6e4814c3_o.jpg
24 by Karan Raj Baruah, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7426/8827152270_559fd98d3c_o.jpg
31 by Karan Raj Baruah, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3711/8827079862_73e7e8b26b_o.jpg
38 by Karan Raj Baruah, on Flickr

Full Album here: Singapore in Photos: Part 2 - a set on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy, Thanks for your comments. You are right, if I didn't under expose the first one we could see the lens flare clearly. Instead, I should have stopped down aperture to f/8 rather than keeping it wide open. Now I wonder why I didn't do it then. :oops:

Got the point for the second one.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@techfreak: Ah, well. That seals it. No 70-300 non IS lens for me :>

@nac: Sujoy's csuggestions make a lot of sense. You might even want to stop down to f/18 or lower (not sure of the limits, i use f/22 or lower) to bring out the lights as pointed stars. it looks better to me that way :)

@Amlan: Nice shot again. (Again the horizon is a bit off :>). You should invest more into photography, a DSLR and some time into pp. Never forget that a good pic has a lot of post processing involved (Not necessarily photoshop grade work but the little things like horizon, composition etc)

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac good that u didnt took in negative way :)

@techfreak ....u should have pp'ed at least in picasa...direct from dslr dont show the actual potential of picture :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^

HMmmm. Will start playing around with pics and see what comes. But I just HATE the idea of touching the photos with an editor even a little bit and then posting under "Photography Thread"

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@Amlan: Nice shot again. (Again the horizon is a bit off :>). You should invest more into photography, a DSLR and some time into pp. Never forget that a good pic has a lot of post processing involved (Not necessarily photoshop grade work but the little things like horizon, composition etc)

Thank you, am planning to finally shift to a DSLR (or MILC) now, have used DSLRs before (generous friends and family :)) and there is no way a compact can deliver even a fraction of that. PP I need to start doing.

@amlan nice shot

thank you

Amlan, Good work... :thumbs: You're getting very good IQ from a compact. :doublethumb:

Thanks, its just that a compact requires much more effort to get the same IQ, a tripod, long exposure at min iso and aperture, to get something which a DSLR could have captured handheld :)

The light trails pic is pretty cool, especially the blue lighting of the sky. Did you shoot this at dusk?

@techfreak, the firebreathing pic is amazing

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Welcome back Prashant. How about a photograph you think best you made in this long absence???

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@nac Thanks. I haven't got much time to shoot during my absence because of studies and heat. I took this panorama some time ago usin my phone
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8521/8625671666_f88d897208_b.jpg
Panorama - After Sunset by marvelprash, on Flickr

Another shot that I had already shared before... but with a different PP
*farm3.staticflickr.com/2824/8761312116_74f2ddaefe_z.jpg
Eager Eyes by marvelprash, on Flickr

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@marvelousprashant - That sunset shot is amazing.

Please do comment on the flaws in these photographs. What I could have done to make this photographs better? Right from composing to PP work...

For the 1st one, I think you could had the aperture down to f8 with a longer exposure if that was not handheld, You could have got stars instead of the not so good looking light. Is that a guy standing at the bottom of the light post?

The 2nd one, you probably got the settings right, but I don't find anything interesting about it

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@pranav0091 - off-topic question - What's the highest ISO you can go with your camera (for night photos) & still get usable photos?

Top Bottom