The Photography Thread

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Hi friends,

This is redundant post but I need some more opinions. I am planning to buy a pocket-able camera with good zoom and manual override. I finally decided to go for either Canon SX210IS or Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10. I am more inclined towards TZ10 as I am getting far better reviews of this cam than Canon SX210IS. This is a request to please let me know if any other options are available or shall I go for Lumix?

Thanks in advance...

SB.

toofan

Technomancer
Booth are good cameras. I will suggest you to go for tz10. but check if its fully manual control or no

toofan

Technomancer
*a.imageshack.us/img339/6788/dsc0726b.jpg

C & C welcome.

Took this image from my village. Heavy clouds in sky but mangaged to get this early in the morning.

toofan

Technomancer
No sujoy its not HDR.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

thanks dear.

Stuge

Youngling
thanks stuge
any other options for me
check those out

check out these one

PowerShot A495 - Digital Cameras - Canon India

review

Canon PowerShot A495 Digital Camera - Preview - The Imaging Resource!

Nikon India Private Limited

review

Nikon COOLPIX L22 budget point-and-shoot camera review: design, controls, lens, stabilisation, screen, menus, drive modes | Cameralabs

you can go much wrong with any of these cams .
nice one toofan .

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
*sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs141.ash2/40386_1532822809744_1510008268_1326129_1485894_n.jpg

Shot this on terrace after it stopped raining.. i had taken a similar shot on my phone long ago.. but was not as good as this one in terms of quality..

sujoyp

Grand Master
Friends today tried to shoot some pics of Antz carrying food grain...but I am soo disappointed..
The macro mode would not focus on moving ants...out of 20 pics only 3 got focus and that too with flash which looks over exposed..

Any solution...I dont understand y without flash its coming blurry and with flash it comes sharp:sad:

*lh3.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TF5UnD4AodI/AAAAAAAAFaU/N8n-fxc0bPo/s400/DSC04546.JPG

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@sujoy - You need to boost the ISO to get a sufficiently fast shutter speed to shoot moving ants. Use an external light source(like a table lamp) to illuminate the ants & shoot on a high ISO.

toofan

Technomancer
INS- Bhaiyaaa Meri aawaaj sun rahe ho to Hain bolo?
Kya tum jinda ho?

He returned back few days before the calamity.

sujoyp

Grand Master
INS must be busy in college admission...he was going to join MS(Master of Science and not Microsoft:p) in August itself:smile:

astroutkarsh

Canon EOS 600D / 1000D
I am planning to visit Kas Pathar (Near Satara, Maharashtra) on 14 / 15 Aug.
Its known as Maharashtra's Valley Of Flowers.
Is anybody interested to join?
Its Trip + Nature (Flower's) Photography.
I m having Canon 430 (No DSLR / SLR )

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Oven Fresh!

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4095/4882104848_857b045288_z.jpg

Disbelief!

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4882104838_74ebfbc895_z.jpg

Comments & Critique will be appreciated!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I am planning to visit Kas Pathar (Near Satara, Maharashtra) on 14 / 15 Aug.
Its known as Maharashtra's Valley Of Flowers.
Is anybody interested to join?
Its Trip + Nature (Flower's) Photography.
I m having Canon 430 (No DSLR / SLR )

Hey just did some research on net and found its an amazing place...
But everyone saying it is best visited on the end of September when all flowers bloom.

Check out these photos,
Vivek Kale Nature Photography

astroutkarsh

Canon EOS 600D / 1000D
Hey just did some research on net and found its an amazing place...
But everyone saying it is best visited on the end of September when all flowers bloom.

Check out these photos,
Vivek Kale Nature Photography

I know that. But I plan this week as Pilot Trip, so we can plan last weekend of Sep or 1st weekend of Oct.
Its also mentioned that, there are flowers which blooms & lasts for 10 /15 days. So I thought it will be a Trip + photography. Later we can plan for exclusive photography.

-----------------

I have uploaded few snaps on Flicker (Older ones). Please visit Flickr: utkarsh kulkarni's Photostream & comment (most IMP).

Top Bottom