The Photography Thread

Stuge

Youngling
ok I wasn't suippose to post this ,but hey I will .

Today ,I tried to click few pictures of river yamuna from DND bridge ,but I was stopped by one of their staff .when I aked why ? he told me photography of river from here is not allowed .I was like Wt ***k.He stopped me by coming in front of me and touched my cam to prevent me from snapping pictures of river . .I got mad and abused him .I had no intentions to click pictures of the bridge(for brige I can just slow down the car and take pictures from inside ,but there are more places in delhi where I can take long exposures.DND is not the only bridge in delhi or noida )) .also keep in mind there was no where written that photography is prohibited .nor does their sites mentions that .Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I felt irritated because few steps ahead there was one more person clicking pictures and he didn't stopped him .

I can't understand what is wrong with them .if they think DND is under some kind of threat from terrorists ,then they should keep police not stupid staff people for its protection .

seems like India is becoming UK where photographers like me are treated badly \:(

ok now the suck picture that I managed to click btw the fight lol

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4113/4835996556_ee26deeb39.jpg

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Thanks rhitwick & stuge. Rhitwick, if you have time maybe you can join me to NCPA on 17th August, where an exhibition of all photographs will be held.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^17th is Tuesday Gaurav...I might have office on that day.

Let me see, if I can manage it..

toofan

Technomancer
Abhinav: some nice images and bad events with you. Keep going.

Ins-Ani: Now these are Images. Very good ones. excellent work. Both are unique and best in there aspects. Some Post processing Skills will enhance them more.
keep going.

Gaurav: Congrats man. I wish you would have come first. Your image is perfect for its topic but the b/w conversion is not that appealing. I am sure, If done correctly your image could have come at 1st place.
Check this link for some awesome b/w conversions (not by pro but by someone like us). I am also trying to learn b/w conversions.

BW PORTRAITS

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@toofan.. thanks for the appreciation.
now that i am back, will process and post some more pics.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Gaurav: Congrats man. I wish you would have come first. Your image is perfect for its topic but the b/w conversion is not that appealing. I am sure, If done correctly your image could have come at 1st place.
Check this link for some awesome b/w conversions (not by pro but by someone like us). I am also trying to learn b/w conversions.

BW PORTRAITS

Thanks. Will make sure I come on top the next time. It feels great to beat the photographers & their DSLR with a simple prosumer camera. I'm not at all regretting a consolation prize. Slow & steady I should reach on top someday. This is a very IMP event for me. kehte hai na, "Boond Boond se ghat bharta hai" (A drop makes an ocean).

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Friends, can you suggest a one or at the max two days workshop for learning basics of photography, preferably in Mumbai or Pune? As i have posted earlier, I am expecting my dslr next month. Will be self-learning but some basic inputs from a professional at the beginning would be very helpful. I have downloaded some basic canon/nikon video tutorials but haven't gone through them yet.

Congrats Gaurav. Wonderful pic. Great achievement.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@a_medico, why don't you join us the next time we settle for a photography meet...
we can share our knowledge...

b/w, where do u stay? Mumbai or Pune?

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Unfortunately not in either. Somewhere in a small place near maharashtra - MP border. But I will keep a watch on your meet discussion. Would like to join if I am around Mumbai that time.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Friends, can you suggest a one or at the max two days workshop for learning basics of photography, preferably in Mumbai or Pune? As i have posted earlier, I am expecting my dslr next month. Will be self-learning but some basic inputs from a professional at the beginning would be very helpful. I have downloaded some basic canon/nikon video tutorials but haven't gone through them yet.

Congrats Gaurav. Wonderful pic. Great achievement.

Thanks.
Regarding workshop, you can enquire at NIP & Vineye.
Both are located in Mumbai, Dadar.

toofan

Technomancer
*img63.imageshack.us/img63/773/dsc0758n.jpg

*img80.imageshack.us/img80/4205/dsc07521a.jpg

These are wild flowers. And taken at my village.

Comments nd Critiques welcome.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - Love the backlight in the first shot. Second is also a good one.

Stuge

Youngling
toofan those are good closeups and have nothing to make critique :)

@a_medico :

Utilize internet as much as you can for photography + buy books if possible or download some selected books from internet ,but they are very less ,then join some advance course .Just keep this in mind you won't learn photography overnite ,but regular practise will help you .

First get the dslr ,then join if you think you can't learn on your own .First part is to get aquinted with the basics + what mode does what in camera .second -> rules of photography ,then there is third ,fourth ..etc this is time you forget rules taught to you(not all ,but most ) :p because photography doesn't work on theories .let your creative juices do the rest ,and enjoy :D

If you really want to do some course after learning ,then do a course on post processing thats bulk of todays photography( there are lot of video tutorials available too ) . Doing the right stuff with your picture is absolutely necessary .Post processing can make hell lot of difference in the end .Very often I've seen beautiful pictures with excellent compostions and stuff ,but pathetic processing ruining it all .

I'm posting link for you (very basic stuff )

*digital-photography-school.com/got-a-digital-camera-for-christmas-learn-how-to-use-it-here

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Thanks for the inputs friends. Already started learning from your pointers. One day I'll make you all proud :)

By the way I expect my T1i in 3rd week of August. Will keep you updated. NIP looks good for basics. I can't invest more than single weekend. I have mailed them regarding this. Lets see. I didn't like the flash website for Vineye :p ... has irritating background music too.

@toofan - Both flower pics are amazing.

PS - Website apart, even Vineye looks good. Have mailed them too.

Last edited: