The Photography Thread

Krow

Crowman
1>Mumbai City at night from Nariman Point
Good shot with a little tilt problem.
2>Same shot in day from same point
You forgot rule of the thirds. Never place the subject (the buildings) exactly in the center. Make sure that either you take 66% sky or 66% sea and 33% remaining shot.
3>The previous photo in B&W, comment which one is good...
This one is better, just increase the contrast a little and crop the Sea or the Sky a bit. Perfect shot.
4>Reflections
Use the above mentioned rule of the thirds again and I think you should crop the sky a bit. Will look very good then.
5>Car tail-light painting. was trying it but what came is headlights.... ;-)
Good effort, but the lights are being obscured by the other objects in the image. Wish you had gone closer to the lights.
Good shot, but for the leaves and the wires, etc. Nice composition. Tell your friend. :D
Okayish.
8>Here I come
Same comments as toofan. ;)
Best shot in the lot. Awesome. Can be postprocessed a bit to make it professional. Try B/W or something and see.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Good shot with a little tilt problem.
Had to put my cam on the wall(u know) and then put my lense cover under it to make the inclination. I guess in this process the image came tilted. Its not that I always click straight images but this time I've excuse :-D

You forgot rule of the thirds. Never place the subject (the buildings) exactly in the center. Make sure that either you take 66% sky or 66% sea and 33% remaining shot.
U know I had the original image with this ratio only. I cropped it to grab attention on city image, I'll post the original too, comment on that.

This one is better, just increase the contrast a little and crop the Sea or the Sky a bit. Perfect shot.
Hmmm, will try...looks dull. Toofan already told. (I think u guys will make me install PhotoShop)

Good effort, but the lights are being obscured by the other objects in the image. Wish you had gone closer to the lights.
Will try next time from a more open space.

Good shot, but for the leaves and the wires, etc. Nice composition. Tell your friend. :D
I'll. Thanx on his behalf.

Best shot in the lot. Awesome. Can be postprocessed a bit to make it professional. Try B/W or something and see.
Thank you. Who is looking best here, me na?!!! :-D

toofan

Technomancer
@ritwik: tilt is a very common problem which can happens with any one but its easily corrected in post processing thats why its not visible in most of the images.

@sourabh1 e: your images are lacking details. Either you are cropping them very heavily or not focusing properly.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - Nice image but don't you think you should have processed the sky too? It lacks lustre when compared with the vibrant mahal.

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge: excellent.
Any good news?

krow: only minor 7 degree tilt.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

*img109.imageshack.us/img109/383/img17881.jpg

Ritwik for you. Processing has resulted in some noise in face but with higher resolution file this will not happen for sure.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
@toofan nice pics of tht lil boy...

@stuge...awesome pic of mahal...even i had been to rajasthan saw many places...like this one of jodhpur....

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4421285899_07833c5bc0_b_d.jpg

tht man irritated me....

is it ok after processing??? any suggestions?? thnx....

toofan

Technomancer
Bhushan: beautifully taken but as cool says tilt problem.
The blown sky is what you can't control with your camera. Either take two snaps 1st exposing sky 2nd the foreground then merge them as HDR as Stuge did.

I think that man is ok? If you want to remove them then clone that area out and then use healing brush to smooth the things out.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

*img708.imageshack.us/img708/4476/442128589907833c5bc0b.jpg

Bhushan: This is only a trial what can be done to improve the images. Sky is the limit if you come to editing.

Removed the tilt.
removed the man, irritating you.
corrected the color of upper portion of building.
added some sky tone in the background.
cropped the unnecessary lower and upper portion of the image. Cropping can be done from the left side but I leave this to your taste.
added borders.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*img405.imageshack.us/img405/4736/whiteus.jpg

White!

comments and critiques welcome. How could I have improved in the composition?

chitvan

Journeyman
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAABFrRgFlRuZEy75lcvSIsuDmhMYt3vWDWAd56P9FNjRVvMCSN0La4mUrZpjfu9yDsmEgGAiJoslKiMr49H1lXbIAm1T1UDjWtJ_Ad-qChB-Jd0itlFJ3NsgH.jpg

Original one...
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAKNBfj262Mv50khJLcKXjbrbmPHVTpxKIM44lwIW0GUTILuUqaKXkZrBh2rJp-ZUmZcrHaHnBHkmPMooKlFxLH0Am1T1UJuIV8LpnBOzrMBrWj2FN3CrhXaa.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAIyIMBxtdhto_e5brBukxpwSWM1qE8lo3LNWaefx4Lr_pLAuRkWw73Na1hObwmgyHTKFmnOTc1geg4JPGEOAT-UAm1T1UIvwkY3v1GT4nwjQZfe4R2pA5Vsx.jpg

Stuge

Youngling
^Is there a tilt problem with that image?
I've tried to correct the tilt ,but if tilt is corrected then base tends to tilt towards left t .I have a feeling its an architectural fault
+ distrotions (due to lens ).

@Yes ,I got new body on 30th march .

Top Bottom