The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
wow amlan...the first one is really awesome...2nd one need some more drama, looks simple....find some sky tutorial and try to replace the sky. I saw some photoshop tutorial for that.
If in 2nd one more star would be there then it would look amazing ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks Nac...this shoot gave me some confidence as well as ideas for next time...and I am definitely not taking soo many dress change next time ...it takes away lot of time.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
This is so cool, love some of the ideas like the hand heart and rings on thumbs. Overall has a good bright vintage kind of look. You should be doing more of these

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks Amlan...Yup I had fun shooting...will show you a 2nd set of collage soon after the girl share the selected pics

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
BTW i think you can upload to imgur and set an automatic deletion date. Will make it easy for you to share a larger set of pics. Also help us with details (lens, setting, other kit) plus experience and learnings (this should be fun)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys you wanted some tips and experience out of my first shoot..let me tell you some

1. Always leave for your destination as early as possible...we made plan to leave at 7 but then we reached the place at 11..it was mid day and sun at the top
2. Take information about the destination beforehand...we reached the vasai fort and got to know that shoot is not allowed inside and had to shoot around it instead.
3. Use light and shade as per ur requirement...direct sunlight is not always bad and shade dosnt always look dull.
4. I took reflector with me and flash and diffuser...all waste ...just be confident with your capabilities and shoot.
5. Keep auto ISO for 1/80 sec and max ISO 800 ...its good enough
6. I shot most of the couple pics at f2-f2.8 with 35mm lens..slower aperture will not give nice blurry BG and sharp picture
7. I have shot mostly poses..but always look for the expression after the pose...they are mostly naughty or romantic..pose itself may look dumb.
8. I copied lots of poses and had many ideas...but most ideas didnt work..like bubbles,shot from the top, jump togather...all these flopped..but they may work for other couples
9. Take lots of water for yourself...I drank nearly 4 glasses of lemon water while shooting..its afternoon
10. Sun sets too quickly then planned, shoot quickly..in my case the couple wasted the time by going for a dress change
11. Dont use flash directly in any case...it just make image flat..better increase ISO and take artistics.
12. Never allow to take more then 2 change of cloth...in my case the girl took 4 dresses and end up shooting mostly with 2 and best one left as it was dark
13. It will take at least 5-6 hrs for a shoot...we had a location change too , the beach was bit away..but changing location helps.

will add more if i remember :)

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Heh nice work, for some reason they don't look like they are posing at all
For the conceptual ones, liked the rings on the flowers very much. Liked the thumbs up with smileys next to the flower one also - that one is too good. Personally, did not like the ring instead of o as felt it breaks the impact. At first glance, just saw it as lve.
Anyway, nice tip on watching out for the expressions just after the pose.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Heh nice work, for some reason they don't look like they are posing at all
For the conceptual ones, liked the rings on the flowers very much. Liked the thumbs up with smileys next to the flower one also - that one is too good. Personally, did not like the ring instead of o as felt it breaks the impact. At first glance, just saw it as lve.
Anyway, nice tip on watching out for the expressions just after the pose.
Thanks Anorion :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Guys you wanted some tips and experience out of my first shoot..let me tell you some

1. Always leave for your destination as early as possible...we made plan to leave at 7 but then we reached the place at 11..it was mid day and sun at the top
2. Take information about the destination beforehand...we reached the vasai fort and got to know that shoot is not allowed inside and had to shoot around it instead.
3. Use light and shade as per ur requirement...direct sunlight is not always bad and shade dosnt always look dull.
4. I took reflector with me and flash and diffuser...all waste ...just be confident with your capabilities and shoot.
5. Keep auto ISO for 1/80 sec and max ISO 800 ...its good enough
6. I shot most of the couple pics at f2-f2.8 with 35mm lens..slower aperture will not give nice blurry BG and sharp picture
7. I have shot mostly poses..but always look for the expression after the pose...they are mostly naughty or romantic..pose itself may look dumb.
8. I copied lots of poses and had many ideas...but most ideas didnt work..like bubbles,shot from the top, jump togather...all these flopped..but they may work for other couples
9. Take lots of water for yourself...I drank nearly 4 glasses of lemon water while shooting..its afternoon
10. Sun sets too quickly then planned, shoot quickly..in my case the couple wasted the time by going for a dress change
11. Dont use flash directly in any case...it just make image flat..better increase ISO and take artistics.
12. Never allow to take more then 2 change of cloth...in my case the girl took 4 dresses and end up shooting mostly with 2 and best one left as it was dark
13. It will take at least 5-6 hrs for a shoot...we had a location change too , the beach was bit away..but changing location helps.

will add more if i remember :)

This is awesome, stuff. I can relate from many of my experiences. Especially the start early part. I've never been able to do an early morning sunrise shoot as the pair always got late. Also shot the whole thing only with the 50mm lens. All other kit mostly was there but didn't really find use for it. Especially with things like the flash which killed the entire scene. Plus it's crazy back breaking work

sujoyp

Grand Master
This is awesome, stuff. I can relate from many of my experiences. Especially the start early part. I've never been able to do an early morning sunrise shoot as the pair always got late. Also shot the whole thing only with the 50mm lens. All other kit mostly was there but didn't really find use for it. Especially with things like the flash which killed the entire scene. Plus it's crazy back breaking work
Yaah its a lot of work..directing-shooting-selecting-editing
I also took 90mm and 55-200 but found 35mm good enough for complete shoot

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
The payoff though is worth it. The couple usually gets more comfortable towards the end and you start getting some good candids.

The only thing i did right was getting the light right, that seems to fix everything. So the most critical was early morning and then choosing spots like in the shade of a tree or on the edge of a mountain with light falling on the couple. Plus took my better half along, she was amazing for getting the look of the dress right, the poses right and just the overall glam part of it right

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yaah better half was a great help to me too due to exactly the reason Amlan said. Thank god new gen wifes are open minded :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Went to a camp this weekend. Got some good dark sky shots in the mountains

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180311/0395bb1cfe843ae8568c70a49427713c.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180311/38e2fb642f36bd102eaf35252ca30eff.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180311/8a4a6faf19c6cd4412f85f1f1b779410.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
1st one is awesome amlan...lot of stars :)

I shot these while at shoot...Sadly couple was not available for silhouettes ;)

*farm5.staticflickr.com/4777/25876298717_aea7c1112b_c.jpgSilly Sunset by Sujoy Packrasy, on Flickr

Top Bottom