The Photography Thread

Hrishi

I never tried my hands of panning , like the Bicycle shot taken by Amlan.
Can you give some suggestions on how to do it ? Is it that you have to keep the moving object focused pretty well , and rest all blurred ? That's it ?

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Thanks everyone

Yup, you need to keep the moving object in the center of the frame while you pan the camera. I try to move the camera in a wide arc and then click while in the middle. The shutter speed needs to be a little on the slower side like 1/50 types. The rest is all practice and trial and error

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Cyber, It's highly impossible to protect our photographs. Even getty couldn't do it and finally they have let their low resolution photographs to use for free (there may be some terms and conditions). The best way to protect photographs is not sharing online. :( I guess many of the hobbyist (at least amateur hobbyist) don't mind this.

Amlan, Nice clicks. :thumbs: I didn't notice it until Hrishi raised that it was "pan and click" shot.
Again, the same goes with the second photograph. I didn't notice the dog was playing with the water (it looks like that) until I read the title. :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION] - The bicycle pic is great, nice lighting. It'd had been even better if he was on the right side of the pic.

Here are some panning pics I tried quite some time before.

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5535/10621853664_f4ac5410ee_b.jpg
*farm6.staticflickr.com/5347/8981402322_63aa9b4a3e_b.jpg

I never tried my hands of panning , like the Bicycle shot taken by Amlan.
Can you give some suggestions on how to do it ? Is it that you have to keep the moving object focused pretty well , and rest all blurred ? That's it ?

My camera has a setting called "Servo AF" . Enabled that (it keeps subject in focus) & pan the camera like shooting a panorama while pointing at the subject.

I do hope that each one of you would check out for your images being used elsewhere on the internet without your permission.

Personally I wouldn't care if someone uses my photo or makes money out if it, in fact I'd be happy to find my pics are good enough to be used for commercial purposes. But its easy for people to use someone's pic and remove the watermark (which only makes your pics ugly), I guess that's why I don't post people pics online, for the others I usually post 4000 * 2200 or whatever the max size is.

kaz

right here
Nice clicks [MENTION=150899]ishan99[/MENTION] [MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION] and [MENTION=154968]Gen.Libeb[/MENTION]

Here some from my recent wildlife shots, will share many more soon :)

BEAR
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3917/14751271309_b6a3b3485b_c.jpg
Play Time

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3851/14937574642_f32cb69f16_z.jpg
Good Bye

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5573/14751320848_0da66859ff_z.jpg
Welcome to the Jungle

quan chi

mortal kombat
Continuing pics from shantiniketan visit.(Will post more later)(No post processing).

*s30.postimg.org/92kofrcfl/IMG_0938.jpg

Raziel

Journeyman
Cools shots guys..! :)
[MENTION=15209]quan chi[/MENTION]: Nice colours there btw are you a MK fan ? :razz:

Just sharing few pics..

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3907/14726856748_41497d83c3_b.jpg
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3924/14919542245_ed4d99cb11_b.jpg
*farm6.staticflickr.com/5584/14721377757_8717195a35_b.jpg
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3891/14871889923_845338bb70_b.jpg
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3900/14759200357_1544ae06e4_b.jpg

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION]: Thank you.

[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION]: Thanks mate. Yep, I love bokeh :razz:

[MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION]: Thank you. Well, I shoot in RAW and use Photoshop to bring out the mood I want to convey with some of my pics..usually a gradient overlay/levels...can be different depending on the pic and what I feel at that time..that said, that 4th pic of diamond pendant has no PP at all other than the text.

[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION] : Thanks mate. That was a quick idea when I saw a pendant near a window, glad how it turned out. :razz:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Cools shots guys..! :)
[MENTION=15209]quan chi[/MENTION]: Nice colours there btw are you a MK fan ? :razz:

Just sharing few pics..
Lovely photos 2nd & 4th.(Good depth.)
Yep used to be a MK fan but now I have lost patience to remember all those moves.:D

Anyways continuing my colourful series.:D
*s10.postimg.org/qqi8t5rw9/IMG_0884.jpg

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Nice clicks @ishan99 @izzikio_rage and @Gen.Libeb

Here some from my recent wildlife shots, will share many more soon :)

Play Time

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3851/14937574642_f32cb69f16_z.jpg
Good Bye

That bear seems to be laughing at you.
Nice shots, Raziel. Has these been achieved after PP or it came out of the cam like that only (intentionally, ofcourse)?
Nice contrasting colours, quan chi :p

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=15209]quan chi[/MENTION]: Thanks! Cool shot there, love the contrasting colors.
Awesome, I'm an MK fan too, still playing MK9, and waiting for MKX :D

[MENTION=96386]CyberKID[/MENTION]: Thanks! :razz: The shots are real. I only add some gradient color overlay to give a mood to it with PP, but no blurring or painting stuff like that on the image. The composition, depth of field, the painted strokes like effect and bokehs all are straight from cam with the cam+adapter+special lens I've used..also sometimes no PP like the blue pendant pic which has no edits other than the text. Every pic is art for me so I just tweak it the way I want it to be. :razz:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@quan chi: Thanks! Cool shot there, love the contrasting colors.
Awesome, I'm an MK fan too, still playing MK9, and waiting for MKX :D

@CyberKID: Thanks! :razz: The shots are real. I only add some gradient color overlay to give a mood to it with PP, but no blurring or painting stuff like that on the image. The composition, depth of field, the painted strokes like effect and bokehs all are straight from cam with the cam+adapter+special lens I've used..also sometimes no PP like the blue pendant pic which has no edits other than the text. Every pic is art for me so I just tweak it the way I want it to be. :razz:
Photography has always been an art. The way it looks good to the one composing it, is the way to go.:wink:

Top Bottom