The Photography Thread

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Usually an hdr will be less sharp than a normal shot. Sharpness usually is higher when you do something called focus stacking for macro shots. You bracket with different focus and then join them

chitvan

Journeyman
Usually an hdr will be less sharp than a normal shot. Sharpness usually is higher when you do something called focus stacking for macro shots. You bracket with different focus and then join them

Actually focus stacking is used for more depth of field in macro shots.

Capture multiple shots with different focus point and merge then into one.
Its really tough task.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^ So if I select bracketing , the chances are that the pics will be more sharper ??
bracketing is taking multiple photos in diff settings of the same composition and putting together the most necessary elements. can be exposure, as explained for HDR, or also as pointed out it can be focus bracketing, where you take photo of same subject in diff focus, and put them together to achieve deep focus. you can do this for every single setting in the camera, by taking diff ISO, white balance, aperture, shutter speed (adventurous to try :p) of the same image.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^download combineZP from here
this is an unedited focus stack example, have only one I have atm, and it wasnt taken too well can tweak settings (selection is terribly off because it is not exact same img shot on tripod) or at least crop to get better results
*i.imgur.com/KEyzgNk.jpg
it has a GUI, you can do a lot of powerful img manipulation with hugin and enblend and enfuse, but they all command line

Hrishi

Actually focus stacking is used for more depth of field in macro shots.

Capture multiple shots with different focus point and merge then into one.
Its really tough task.
any idea on how to achieve that ?? Is this feature built into the Cam ?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Chitvan, I have tried focus stacking few times with my compact camera using CHDK. More like a test shot, just to know what's the difference between focus stacked image and deep DOF image using smaller AV. With CHDK, shooting was easy, but the my low config PC took some time to process it.

Cloth line/wire pops out and distracting. :(

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Rishi, Toofan have taken so many images using focus stacking. If he sees your post, he can sure throw some light on it. It was easy with CHDK, but without it I don't how tough/easy it will be using MF.

- - - Updated - - -

Medico, I like it. Ever since that "Tennis" photograph, I don't remember any too contrasty images (which I didn't find it impressive). Pretty much all the photographs since "Tennis" are good in my view. :)

Hrishi

I just now was reading about Camera Hacks and in one of the mods. its read " If you touch the cables attached to the flash of the camera...it'll probably kill you from sudden shock...if it hits you well."
I know capacitors can be deadly , but is this really true or just a joke ??

sujoyp

Grand Master
nice details medico...but I would prefer whole rhino...nothing to see in this composition

I have never done focus stacking soo I have no idea regarding that...
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] if the flash power can burn the circuit of dslr then it can definitely give good shock...better handle carefully
[MENTION=10032]chitvan[/MENTION] nice shot...nice colors

abhidev

Human Spambot
thats sad to hear bro..coz I like the way you are composing nowdays but quality :(

these pics are like more than a year old...not sure if I still have the originals :(

- - - Updated - - -

bokeh effect :D

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3734/13662491405_9524a8076d_o.jpg

chitvan

Journeyman
Chitvan, I have tried focus stacking few times with my compact camera using CHDK. More like a test shot, just to know what's the difference between focus stacked image and deep DOF image using smaller AV. With CHDK, shooting was easy, but the my low config PC took some time to process it.

Cloth line/wire pops out and distracting. :(

Yes there is a different between image captured at narrow aperture and made by focus stack..

In smaller AV you will get more dof in macro pic with less blur background because of smaller AV

While in focus stack you can have same blur in background with more dof.
---
See these pics I captures 3 yr back with macro +10 filter(never buy it... Its useless)

View attachment 14352

I got very narrow dof because of macro filter.
Captured some pics but not succeed to form perfect focus stack image.

I think it will be good to select subject with same colored background for focus stack otherwise in different color at every focus point bg change may give ghost effect in final image.

Hrishi

My first Moon photograph....was desperately waiting for clear skies and a holiday........ Finally managed to get a closer shot at it.

*s29.postimg.org/47x1ggtgn/DSC015mm78.jpg
The Lens is pathetic when maxed out...it becomes soft and loses clarity. The tripod setup helped a lot though. I guess the pollution in Delhi to has a lot of contribution to the dull image.

Ps : don't mind the spelling.. I was in a hurry.:p

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] - The Moon pic is cool.

I have posted the original RAW file in the post processing thread #311 in case anyone would like to give a go at editing.

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5463/14143794982_a84c6f76e7_b.jpg

Hrishi

^now , I have a question about moon photography timings.....should I have taken the photo few hours earlier or few hours later ?? Since , I was not able to get hold of the side of moon filled with craters and mountains. I took the snap of flat side , I think..... WHich way does it revolves.. left to right or right to left ??

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Medico, I like it. Ever since that "Tennis" photograph, I don't remember any too contrasty images (which I didn't find it impressive). Pretty much all the photographs since "Tennis" are good in my view. :)

Was the tennis pic clicked by me? I dont remember clicking any tennis pic!

Top Bottom