The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
@gen Thanks ...the fly must be about 7-8 inch away from me...it shows that coz mine is Nikon AIS lens fully manual and taken at manual mode ...Nikon 55mm f2.8 AIS micro...its apertue was f8 and focal length is 55mm fixed :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
The last set of photos from Sunday

Celebrities.
Sucks that I missed Salman & Jaqline

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2876/12231208245_a5ebc6a60f_b.jpg

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3741/12231635224_c122d5fe76_b.jpg

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7456/12231192005_e67821c33a_b.jpg

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7312/12231591124_8edc901aa5_b.jpg

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3682/12231319443_11857bf9a5_b.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
thanks anirban...flower color is due to slow shutter speed...at that light I could have got 1/1200 shutter speed at f8 but instead I got 1/250 at f8 :( soo got too much light and flower looked like that

nac

Aspiring Novelist
thats great...soo vintage car with (vintage)celebs was the theme :D
:lol:

Sujoy, I have never seen that bird in my life, but only in the photographs. I know how I would have felt if I missed a chance like that...

Gen, Cool series...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac situation is not that bad..that bird lives at a nearby tree and comes daily with its wife :) soo will catch him later..today it was soo close to me but no cam at that time

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@gen thats great...soo vintage car with (vintage)celebs was the theme :D

@ sujoyp & nac - Thanks. The vintage car show was the last part of the parade. I went there after hearing there would be an airshow on the 26th but it didn't happen, it was still lot of fun though.
I am mostly happy with these photos. Anything you guys think I could have done differently ?

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Those are some great shots, Sujoy. Though, it seemed that the flowers are overexposed. Anyways, it's always a feast for the eyes to see such great shots. :-D

sujoyp

Grand Master
thanks cyberkid ....I am still trying to figure out a birding technique which I can use in most situations :D

@kaz never heard of jpeg version update on camera ..

sujoyp

Grand Master
some sunbirds again ...I know repatitive..but I am looking for some excellent pose till then I am going to keep trying :)

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7338/12250539444_654ec657e2_z.jpg
DSC_00481 by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5515/12250275863_0fc756fe16_z.jpg
DSC_0063 by sujoyp, on Flickr

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
thanks anirban...flower color is due to slow shutter speed...at that light I could have got 1/1200 shutter speed at f8 but instead I got 1/250 at f8 :( soo got too much light and flower looked like that

Maybe, if you have the raw file you could try fiddling with the white balance? That color on that flower is commonly due to the wb being off..

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
thanks cyberkid ....I am still trying to figure out a birding technique which I can use in most situations :D

@kaz never heard of jpeg version update on camera ..

May be you can get a bird feeder and set it up against a dark bg?? Use your strobes if possible, with diffusers.

Not for outdoors, though. ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master
no not that kind of technique but something like preset of Shutter speed , aperture, and ISO soo that I have to think only about one of them ...

right now I preset ISO as 400 or 800 and aperture as 7.1 or 8 and see that shutter speed is minimum 1/250 with VR on ...but soo many things are variable that it becomes difficult

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
no not that kind of technique but something like preset of Shutter speed , aperture, and ISO soo that I have to think only about one of them ...

right now I preset ISO as 400 or 800 and aperture as 7.1 or 8 and see that shutter speed is minimum 1/250 with VR on ...but soo many things are variable that it becomes difficult

Ahhh... Well you'll figure that out as you have more experience...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
preset of Shutter speed , aperture, and ISO soo that I have to think only about one of them ...

I agree, you know in your mind what settings are needed but the bird hardly gives you the time to fiddle about with settings before the moment is lost. I guess the best way is to aperture priority, ISO can be set at 400/800 to ensure that the shutter speed selected automatically is fast enough. Or maybe shutter priority, if you are alternating between flying and sitting birds. That's what I do when clicking kids, it's almost similar :))

Top Bottom