The Photography Thread

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Yup! They need to have one or two PHOTOGRAPHER'S SEAT :-D. More than being thick, they are dust laden (atleast from outside), that makes the matters worse.
That reminds me of my graduation excursion to Dholavira, Gujarat. All the while in through the Rann of Kutchch, I sat in the Driver's cabin, for One and a half hour, to capture the photos of the Rann, as the tinted windows of the bus weren't openable.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Karan, the lights pic is pretty cool, the bokeh as come out really well. IMHO you could probably add a subject (which would have a sharp focus) with the bokeh as the background to make it even better.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
thanks. this is possible for a close subject nicely.

now want to know how to take a long distance subject with background defocus i.e. subject is far away from me and the background is further away from the subject.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Techfreak, Cloud shot is good.

Avi, In that case, you would have to depend on defocus mode in your camera.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@thetechfreak - Love that "view of the sky" shot
@izzikio_rage- small car is nice, could have used a plane surface instead of the bedsheet (whatever that is)

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7286/8737755978_30d1ef09c8_b.jpg

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Gen, Picture is clean. But placement of those buildings in the frame could have been better...

ajay600

Broken In
@all, any thing to be done for the betterment of the photo

*imageshack.us/a/img543/6888/dhfy.jpg

Last edited:

ajay600

Broken In
@sujoyp, thanks... my first landscape shot..
tried the same shot with different exposures and finally thhis had the right exposure and also the bird

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Ajay, Nice one...

This was shot yesterday when I was shooting for photo project - silhouette.

*img195.imageshack.us/img195/8518/30er.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
No, its not HDR. Camera gone little crazy when I tried that shot. Probably because of some rain water gone inside the camera. It's a -1EV, still it's brighter than 0 EV. Towards the end of the photo shoot it happened. I don't know the exact cause, but camera works fine now.

I like this photo, nice reflection. Warm rocks, cloudy sky and some greeny area. It's nice. I never seen this side of the area, though I know this place for a very long time.

I posted my silhouette shot. I think I am ok with this one, I am ready for the next project.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@nac, good shot, have used the Canon sx130 many times and it's rare to see that much of a dynamic range from it. Have you installed CHDK, is there a chance that this got captured as a raw, since it has that high dynamic range and slightly flat look of a raw.

Do find out, would also love to capture shots like this.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you guys...

Yes, I have CHDK firmware loaded in the memory card. But I am not shooting in RAW, I tried it once long back. I couldn't able to make better out of RAW than jpeg from the camera. My guess is rain water, I don't know.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Nice one tenida... Smaller resolution would be better to view. Have to scroll and see the whole image :)

Top Bottom