The Photography Thread

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Serpent, From menu (right bottom button), you can turn it on. Refer pg no. 96 and 97

Skr, Nice one...

MARIGOLD 2
*img42.imageshack.us/img42/1341/img9360b.jpg
SX130| Av - f/3.4| Tv - 1/1250 sec| ISO - 80

skr

Broken In
@nac.... This marigold is really worth its weight in gold.... :)

Wish you all a very Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year 2013!!!

A NEW DAWN BECKONS!!!
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8215/8330325678_7c9ba2e197.jpg
IMG_1673 by skr sx130, on Flickr

Last edited:

lm2k

Journeyman
@nac - nice pic of marigold actually i see the clouds forming a beautiful frame around the flower from left bottom.
@marvelousprashant -nice panorama , but how did u avoid distortion ?( i mean in the center normally many times it forms a buldge ), how much %overlap u kept? n how many shots u took?

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8071/8306518905_47db05969b_z_d.jpg
grandpa n grand son , reminds me of my own childhood.
samsung D760. taken in program mode.

tried friend's canon sx150is ,very nice camera . for 7.3k ,deal is hard to resist with the features it has.
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8214/8332694747_2e2c66f461_b_d.jpg
taken in program mode.

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8219/8332696371_3c79c7722e_b_d.jpg
program mode with MF set to 1cm

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8497/8330878838_5c459b05f0_b_d.jpg
last sunset of 2012. program mode(HDR) @-2,0,+2 ev.

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8354/8306518775_73dfbcba9e_b_d.jpg
height of lazines.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac beautiful shot...the light blue sky is giving great BG

Im2k ur last sunset is superb...very nice composition

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Lm2k, Road shot is good. Nice compo... Flower shot is good but kinda soft... may be slightly "off" focus and too much crop I think.

Cat shot is so good :lol:

Thank you lm2k and Sujoy.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@Im2k I corrected distortion in Lightroom. I dont remember how much overlap. It was 6:30 and freezing cold. Took 4 pics. After cropping and distortion correction the pic size was 35.7MP

lm2k

Journeyman
:wink: a telefoto makes subjects more vulnerable to be shot like that.

@CyberKID,@sujoyp,@nac -thnx
@marvelousprashant -thnx for info. i hav tried a panaroma but never corrected it for distortion. i ll try n post my results soon.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8497/8330878838_5c459b05f0_b_d.jpg
last sunset of 2012. program mode(HDR) @-2,0,+2 ev.

Good composition. My suggestion crop the photo from down side till the very base of the structure. Well do not touch the base but keep 2-3 cm spare.

And, you are playing with ev. It does nnot help much other than brightening the photo. Play with exposure, ISO and focus. If the cam has program mode, should have support of changing the values of the mentioned features.

blackpearl

The Devil
For those who are interested in astrophotography, here is the Orion constellation I took last night. Exposure 20 seconds. OMG, it's full of stars!!!

orion-const.jpg

skr

Broken In
@Im2k.... Nice captures. The grand father-grand son picture gives a nostaligic feel because of the black and white, plus nice composition. Lazy mood is written all over the cats face and the picture.:razz:

lm2k

Journeyman
@rhitwick - thnx . both way it will look nice . i kept that small path as foreground ,by cropping that building wud become foreground against the sky so even this wud look nice . i wanted to include the path to form a line towards the middle ground n background. the sun was still brite so when i pointed my camera towards it entire frame became dark, so for i used hdr >3 fotos @+2,0 -2 EV here.
@skr - thnx. the first pic means a lot to me, it was my childhood i saw it n i captured it:-D

tried star-trails in north direction.
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8075/8339057338_71fb4730ab_b_d.jpg
kamera- camon sx150is using f/3.4 , 10sec @800iso in manual mode.focus was set to infinity in MF. setting custom timer ->1 sec-10 shots so manual press of button after 10 shots, 70 shots total.
software-->StarStaX_0.52_Win.

problem here is that
1) camera performs dark frame substraction for each foto so each 10sec exposure needs 10+10+(2 sec for processing)=22 sec time or interval is 12sec approx---how to disable dark frame substraction? coz this is causing the trails to look like arcs of dots n not smooth streaks.
2)there is a eye like formation in the center of the frame , is this due to absence of lense ho0d?
there were 3 street lites towars left @200m distance n 2 on rite @ 250m n one smaller lite one about 20m. camera was 30feet above ground mounted on velboncx440 tripod.time was between 7.30 pm to 8. pm.
any suggestions? links to tutorials that have worked n addressed these issues?pls.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Dark frame subtraction can be disabled in CHDK (not sure)
Or you can use photooshop. Duplicate layer. Decrease opacity to 50% Move the center of image to pole star and rotate a little to fill in the gaps. You can then merge both layers. Duplicate the merged layer and use "multiply"

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Blackpearl, It's not sharp... kinda trail or motion (camera) blur...

Lm2k, Nice one... :thumbs:

I thinks it's (dark frame substraction) common for all the cameras. You can try CHDK to avoid the delay.
I am not sure about that "eye", probably it's a Stargate ;)
Suggestions... There are plenty out there online. Just google it...
Pleasing foreground subject would be good.

For inspiration watch this video

Prashant, Yes, in CHDK we can disable dark frame substraction. Still it takes about 8 seconds shot-to-shot interval when I tried 32 sec exposure.

PS: Watch the video with audio on...

lm2k

Journeyman
ok i ll try that in chdk n report my findings asap. thnx for suggestions.

I am not sure about that "eye", probably it's a Stargate ;)
lol :)):))

@nac - thnx for that vid. it is really great especialy that whirl wind cloud n moving radiotelescopes.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
First post in photography section.
Here's one taken sometime back last year.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8285&d=1357233736

Any tips on how to not overexpose light sources pointing at the camera for these kind of photos ?
I'd like to get something like this - *cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000_3onXVC89YM/s/850/680/13CH1005-389.jpg

Top Bottom