The Photography Thread

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Gen, If your camera does have manual exposure controls, use smallest aperture and longest exposure. If it's over exposed, reduce the length of the exposure.

blackpearl

The Devil
I accidentally photographed sunspots once with my old Sony Hx1, some 2 years ago.

The images are a bit blurry because I wasn't shooting sunspots. I was just shooting sunsets. Later when I viewed them on the computer I was intrigued by a dark spot that appeared on each shot at exactly the same position on the face of the sun. A quick visit to SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids confirmed my suspicion - it was a sunspot!

*i.imgur.com/kRyT0.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Blackpearl,
:wow: that's nice... I really wanted to shoot venus transit last June. I even got up early, but I had some other work to do on that day... :(

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Nice click rockstar.
@ clickclick: the candle itself seems to be somewhat out of focus but not it's flame.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Gen, If your camera does have manual exposure controls, use smallest aperture and longest exposure. If it's over exposed, reduce the length of the exposure.
Thanks for the tip on aperture. I guess reducing exposure time won't help, I won't get enough trails.

@clickclick - The candle shot is quite good.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8314&d=1357397955
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8315&d=1357397962

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Gen,
Reduce the exposure only if you're getting over exposed shots... If you're trying this in bright lit condition, then you need ND filter.

lm2k

Journeyman
I accidentally photographed sunspots once with my old Sony Hx1, some 2 years ago.

The images are a bit blurry because I wasn't shooting sunspots. I was just shooting sunsets. Later when I viewed them on the computer I was intrigued by a dark spot that appeared on each shot at exactly the same position on the face of the sun. A quick visit to SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids confirmed my suspicion - it was a sunspot!

*i.imgur.com/kRyT0.jpg
Interesting:cool:. it could not be sensor dust.

@Gen.Libeb - second one came out very nice. Depth of field is too much shallo. can u post Av,Tv,focal length n iso for both.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yesterday this photo was published in Ei Samay,a bengali tabloid from Times Group. i dont see the bengali paper, it was brought to my notice only in the late evening when my dad was reading it.

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7146/6471595399_78bda4953f_b.jpg
_MG_0072 by Anirban Das Deb, on Flickr

lm2k

Journeyman
Yesterday this photo was published in Ei Samay,a bengali tabloid from Times Group. i dont see the bengali paper, it was brought to my notice only in the late evening when my dad was reading it.

nice one ,very neatly composed without any obstrusive elements.Did u took it from over-bridge?. BTW what was the column about?

@clickclick - nice wall-hanging.:cool:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@anirbandd - That is one really great shot.
Thanks to Nac, lm2k & marvelousprashant.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8330&d=1357485130
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8329&d=1357485125
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8328&d=1357485121

Attachments

• DSC069870.jpg
    DSC069870.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 115

quan chi

mortal kombat
Nice photos guys.
Btw heres something from my recent trip to kolkata.:D

*s7.postimage.org/57jq0e4m3/011_resize_copy.jpg
upload foto
*s7.postimage.org/3v20yi76j/018_resize.jpg
upload photos
*s7.postimage.org/hd8xasjbv/019_resize.jpg
upload foto
*s7.postimage.org/97vx9r1ej/028_resize.jpg
*s7.postimage.org/stke5y3tn/034_resize.jpg
images
*s7.postimage.org/ikrx04frv/036_resize.jpg
photo sharing websites
*s7.postimage.org/67f2t7q3f/041_resize.jpg
image upload

Criticisms are welcome for improvement.:)

Last edited:

lm2k

Journeyman
^last one is really good. the beak n eyes of the kite and the curve formed by its head n neck.
some of u r shots have more yellows .

Top Bottom