The Photography Thread

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Sunrise is good. Like the blue sky.

You seem to be using default/monochrome preset in Photomatrix... it creates a halo around the temple. The latest Photomatrix comes with a Natural preset which looks less HDRish and does the job well. I have used it in my panorama pics

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis
*i.imgur.com/NT7bJl.jpg

*i.imgur.com/WUg2ql.jpg

Did an experiment with the Brightness and Light Sensitivity.
*i.imgur.com/h3zqml.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
@medico....nice shot...but didnt u covered too much ground and just cropped up the sky...I would have liked 1inch more sky at the top ;)

@nac ....sunrise is good with nice blue sky and perfectly exposed..
but very poor processing in temple pic :( soo much halo around the temple...use gimp or photoshop to remove it manually

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you Prashant and Sujoy.

Yeah, that was a preset "monochrome 2". I thought that "halo" was kinda of an effect.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
nac - temple photo is awesome

prashant - the pink flower needs pp. it will enhance it more.

@medico....nice shot...but didnt u covered too much ground and just cropped up the sky...I would have liked 1inch more sky at the top ;)

Thats what I wanted to do. To cover most of the ground with the UWA, using the distortion. Infact I think I should have sat down to cover more of it. Sky was dull that day.

Here's a colored version of the same:

*img191.imageshack.us/img191/4459/img17255.jpg

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@cyberkid....while taking shot of any living things like animal, flower compose is a way that u dont cut any parts of the flower or animal....like in every pic u have cut the flower from top or side :)

@medico sepia is looking much better :)

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@ Sujoyp: Actually the idea was to capture the flower's stamen. My main aim was to capture the red velvety look of the flower's anther, that's why I didn't bother capturing the whole flower. :p

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
@CyberKID, Sujoyp is right, a macro shot should cover the subject completely. Also, the colours seem to a bit lacking. The third one fairs better in that department. Judging by that I would say the first 2 shots are a bit overexposed.
If you are into post processing, increase the saturation slightly and blur everything outside the flower

*imageshack.us/a/img824/3676/flower2g.jpg

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@ Cool Buddy: I too agree with you and sujoyp, but here, the subject was altogether different. I think you too will agree that too much can't be expected from a Cellphone camera @ 5MP as we all know that most of them don't let you tweak the settings too much. Moreover with reference to my previous post, all I wanted to capture is the flower's stamen and the anther part, which, without the help of Optical Zoom, becomes a bit tricky.
Here is the link to some of my pics I've posted in the thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cameras-c...t-shoot-camera-photography-4.html#post1684705

As far as the post processing is concerned, I don't try doing it on my pics.

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Oh, I didn't know it was from a cellphone cam. Keeping that in mind, it's a decent capture.

Here are a couple of examples (Just for reference, not to say that these can be taken with a cellphone)

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3422/3383157870_4206c8827b.jpg

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2092/2068183622_d42fff2847.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
@cyberkid ...its ok for a cellphone cam ...but if u post process ur pic a little by cropping a bit more,increase the sharpness and saturation/contrast it will look better :)

@coolbuddy ur right by ur examples :)

I shot this after I bought my DSLR last year jan
*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-LFYv_GZUmP8/TTvLgl9jOVI/AAAAAAAAFqk/WqCInDxlBt0/s640/DSC_0405.JPG

This one I shot after I got my macro lens in oct last year :)

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hf9NaUU2AjM/TqUBWgtHfSI/AAAAAAAAGzU/5qAtTVVYs0Y/s640/DSC_9374.JPG

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Those weren't my shots, just a few examples from Flikr.

@Sujoyp, those shots are nice. The second one does look a bit blurred around the edges though. If that was intentional, then good

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks guys for liking the pics...these r just old pics I thought of sharing

@coolbuddy I think thats due to use of f2.8 at this magnification....very little area got under focus and reaming all got blurred

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8169/8035126874_850f92c35f.jpg
Hibiscus rosa-sinensis by marvelprash, on Flickr

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8171/8035131205_d329b15830.jpg
Hibiscus rosa-sinensis by marvelprash, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
@coolwebmaster i would suggest you to open a new thread ...and specify ur budget and preferences like which company,how much zoom , small or large etc.

Nice one prashant...I too have a similar shot.

Link to the pic -> *picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4qk7X4FWvNekTEvEPAUMe9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

sujoyp

Grand Master
@prashant we have 2 colors of hibiscus , white and red (one u posted)....and the pink i posted is the result of natural mixing of both colors :)

Top Bottom