The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
I had done this for you but forget the pen drive at home. I will post the pic as soon as possible.

Krow

Crowman
@pimpom, toofan and cool G5 Nice photographs. Seriously this forum is not all that dead. :)

One more question to you all... I need some help here... Can you guys help me?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120905

toofan

Technomancer
*img9.imageshack.us/img9/3477/frogkf.jpg

Basic Post processing. Removed the background which was distracting the beauty of this creature. Reduced the shining of the steel rod.

I know I am not up to the mark. I tried to bring back the blueness of his eyes which is hiding by the reflection of flash but it was killing the feel of the image.

Need ur feedback. what improvements can be done.

Pimpom: Did you shot the pic in raw mode?

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Good job with toning down the glare of the "steel rod". Actually this is the edge of the toilet cover.

The edges of Mr.Frog's body where it meets the now-dark background are too sharp and look unnatural. Blur it some more with Photoshop.

The part you also removed in the lower right-hand side is the flat part of the toilet cover.

No, I didn't shoot this in RAW. It was a quick snap in jpeg.

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks for the feed back. The point has been noted for future and I will correct the image I had.

toofan

Technomancer
*img132.imageshack.us/img132/4243/nightscenery.jpg

Camera Model Name DMC-FZ28
Shooting Date/Time 05/09/2009 7:40:44 PM
Tv (Shutter Speed) 13
Av (Aperture Value) 3.6
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 200

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
An Old pic..but worth posting...
Will surely remind you of your college days..
SMall Size:
*img9.imageshack.us/img9/9854/3911262037321afc68c3m.jpg
Full Size
*img30.imageshack.us/img30/8081/39112620375fe67ca483o.jpg

Sry for poor quality..its 2 yr old image taken from a 2MP camera mobile...
-----Added Later-----------
Just wanna add something.. The black box in the image is actually a cig packet.:|

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Toofan - The pic is somewhat shaken. It would have been brilliant if you would have rested the camera on some rigid object.

@INS-ANI - I can't connect with the pic but that's because I'm in commerce stream. Engineers here will surely will. Still I loved this shot. Reminds me of my friends who are currently doing engineering :D

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
That flower looks beautiful man. Which specie?
Colours, composition & exposure all seem really good. :)

toofan

Technomancer
cool:
I had taken night scenery with panasonic FZ28 and i am not sure about his performance.
I should have used the timer function.

And this flower we call is dopahariya. (DAy flower) which blossom in sunlight only. And after 12am it starts closing his petals back.

Thanks for your precious comments.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
this flower is somewhat strange. All the flowers in that pot have red petals. Its the only one with red and white.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks. if you were a biology student then you can easily understood the reasons behind this. I was a Maths-Bio student till 12 But I forget the Bio part. :D

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nice shot Toofan.
Try taking one more reeling down it should come wonderful. Maybe position the road end towards side than the middle. Try it & post it here if possible. :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I mean like this one. I was not on my knees though when I took it.

*img34.imageshack.us/img34/2253/img2180g.jpg

What do you think Toofan? How is the shot?

toofan

Technomancer
Good Shot. you covering more space. The sky is also beautiful.
My focus was on the shining surface of the road early morning. And when i saw the shot in pc it was good enough. i took the shot from 5 to 10 cm up from the ground.
And In original one. On viewing the image in 100% I can see a buffalo (left of road)and two goats in center of the road which i was not aware at the time of shot.

What does reeling means?:(
Posted again:
Ur shot has some pattern to watch.

I get one Idea from your image.

Take a shot from near that pond of water present in the road. Taking that as the main subject. I am too looking for such ditch in my nearby road now. And waiting for rain.

And my colony has not that much space to take it in landscape. :(

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Good Shot. you covering more space. The sky is also beautiful.
My focus was on the shining surface of the road early morning. And when i saw the shot in pc it was good enough. i took the shot from 5 to 10 cm up from the ground.
And In original one. On viewing the image in 100% I can see a buffalo (left of road)and two goats in center of the road which i was not aware at the time of shot.

What does reeling means?:(
Posted again:
Ur shot has some pattern to watch.

I get one Idea from your image.

Take a shot from near that pond of water present in the road. Taking that as the main subject. I am too looking for such ditch in my nearby road now. And waiting for rain.

And my colony has not that much space to take it in landscape. :(

Reeling in the sense crouching in such a way that you cannot see the horizon.
Nice idea but the place I took this shot is not anyway near my house, it's some well 45 min bus journey to the local university. I won't be going there anytime soon. :(

The road in your shot looks very newly made i.e. the top gravel. The shine on it looks beautiful & your focus is also spot on. 8)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/3926001007_86083eebc8_o.jpg

hey everyone ...one of cherai beach cochin....I loved the colours in this image....guess with a little post processing this could be made wallpaper material

Top Bottom