The Photography Thread

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
This is one of the nice snaps of my recent visit to malavli...
hope you will like it.

*yfrog.com/07dsc00793ddj

PLZ NOTE: High rez Image :3991X2037 1.4 Mb

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
hey everyone ...one of cherai beach cochin....I loved the colours in this image....guess with a little post processing this could be made wallpaper material
That's beautiful - beautiful enough to be used as a wallpaper without pp.

Regarding post processing, I am not against it and I sometimes do it myself. But some people, even advanced photographers, are obsessed with it and think that EVERY shot HAS to be extensively manipulated with an image processing software. Personally, I think this is foolish.

toofan

Technomancer
To the extent of the feel of photograph P.P. is Ok. But if you totally changed the image for something else to something else then one can be praised for the post processing but not for the photograph.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
thanks guys....am learning a lot from this thread....by the way the post processing done on the image of the chameleon was amazing......would be nice if you could elaborate on how it was done..

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
A chameleon? I must have missed that one. There's more than 300 posts in the thread now, so what's the post #?

Krow

Crowman
Yeah... The frog is pretty good. toofan the PP can be a bit finer as pimpom said, but you did a great job. :)

@ izzikio_rage Good pic mate (the beach and the sky. The angle of the shot and the composition is next to perfect, while nature did the rest for you.) :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Good toofan but I feel the second flower in the backdrop causing nuisance in oogling at the beauty of the one in the foreground. Try from some other angle. I would like to see all edges of the foreground flower to make it a better picture. Just a helpful criticism don't take it the wrong way. :)

toofan

Technomancer
Yup I agree to you. I will definitely try next time when they will blossom. This image is taken at late evening. I don't remember exactly But I would have used the flash (low intensity). Taken from a cannon SX110IS.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Just trying my hand at Panning. Nothing extra-ordinary though, I need a lot of practise. Please comment.

*img16.imageshack.us/img16/1816/img0379l.jpg

*img16.imageshack.us/img16/5745/img0380ro.jpg

Krow

Crowman
The taxi pic is pretty good. I would have liked the bike to be non-blurred. But, frame is well composed in both the pics. :)

Offtopic: I wouldn't be watermarking in Comic Sans MS font.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Techalomaniac - Forgot to change the settings under Irfanview hence the Comic Sans font.

Will most probably shoot some more pics in the week. I need to get better with panning.

toofan

Technomancer
*img87.imageshack.us/img87/4323/beetalboys.jpg

Again a intended flash image.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Beetal BOys!

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
vamsi... Please resize the pics you post its a real pain to see such large pics. Post thumbnails here so that the thread width is not messed up. :)

Regarding the pic, Its decent and you can become a much better photographer with a little finetuning.

Try and focus on an object on the foreground and not the background. The focus is on the stem and hence if the frame did not include the blurred leaf, it would be pretty good. Hope this helps. :)

Top Bottom