The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

dinesh72

Journeyman
hello guys, posting after a long long time.
@jamesbond
Sorry to hear the news.

I am shifted to my new apartment and internet was down. Just today I got connected. In the meantime, I bought 24" lovely iMac. I'd decided for 20" but when I went to see I couldn't resist buying the big one. I bought it with APP 3 yrs. Need to set it up. I saved nearly 4000 Rs on octroi, I opted to pick it up myself from Vasai. Thats good save I think. Looking forward to the excitement. I've bought TC and very eagerly waiting to see how wifi will work in my home. Lot of jobs.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Congratulaaations, and celebraaations! :D

Anyway,
I'm not able to "browse" any of my phones using the Bluetooth File Exchange utility. I'm able to send files to the phones by dragging and dropping them in BFE or by a file's context menu, after which they appear in BFE's "browse" window. But the recently sent files are the only files that I can see there in the list.

How do I view my other files, particularly the ones on my memory card?

[All those are Nokia phones.]
By installing the nova media iSync plugins for Mac OS X.

^^
Can't you reply to me without that bacha,kid,kiddo stuff?
To be quite frank, you don’t behave like an adult—which is perfectly understandable, since you’re not one. Just don’t expect people to treat you like one either. :)

There is nothing like improved audio in iPhone 3G.Almost same as the original.Improvement is unnoticable.
Really? I highly doubt that. Every single review of the iPhone 3G has lavished extreme praise on its speakers.

--------------------------

@Sunny (and everyone else with a Time Capsule),
You once asked me whether there is any way to limit the maximum space backups can occupy on a Time Capsule. There isn’t any official way but you can get around that if you have intermediate Mac-using skills. If you’re interested, follow this guide and you’ll be all set. I did and it worked like a charm for me. Just make sure you do it over Ethernet, not Wi-Fi—and even then it might take up to a whole day, so make sure you have the time, patience, and an uninterrupted electricity outlet before you embark on this procedure. :)

Last edited:

dinesh72

Journeyman
@sunny
24" iMac with 2.8Ghz and 500GB TC
WiFi setup with TC was easy. Need to check by downloading some files. I have to update my iMac with 10.5.4 so that will be a test.

320 GB default HDD or did you get a custom one.
Anyways,congo on your purchase.The machine is awesome with killer looks.
Time Capsule huh?Please inform me if you get any network slowdowns while backing up coz I'm suffering that.
Are you using 802.11n only?

dinesh72

Journeyman
do i need to register with my 3 yrs APP right away or i should wait till my telephone support is just about to expire.

goobimama

 Macboy
APP depends on the product. iMac APP is somewhere around 9k. MacBook is 13k and MacBook Pro is 18k.

As for you dinesh, if you got the cash, go for APP now itself. Otherwise, you can just as well wait till the year end.

As for Audio quality, it still leaves much to be desired (speakerphone, that is). It is definitely louder, but not loud enough.

Also, the Apple logo at the back is Steel, same as the first generation iPhone so scratch resistance should be the same.

Last edited:
Also, the Apple logo at the back is Steel, same as the first generation iPhone so scratch resistance should be the same.
Arre it ain't scratch resistant!!The first generation iPhone and this 3G iPhone
both have Apple logos made up of different material.3G Apple logo ain't scratch resistant that's for sure.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
do i need to register with my 3 yrs APP right away or i should wait till my telephone support is just about to expire.
You can register at any time within one year from the date of purchase. If you’ve already bought it, just go ahead and register it.

BTW, phone support is free forever, even if your warranty expires. :)

Arre it ain't scratch resistant!!The first generation iPhone and this 3G iPhone
both have Apple logos made up of different material.3G Apple logo ain't scratch resistant that's for sure.
And neither is the one on our iPhones. It’s stainless steel and a total scratch magnet.

By installing the nova media iSync plugins for Mac OS X.

Thanks for the help aryayush :) but it doesn't solve my problem yet. Those plugins allow only syncing of contacts and calendars with phones that are not supported by iSync. (Mine are.)

I was looking for something that would allow me to browse files on my phone's memory card.

Last edited:
^Do I need to enable or allow something in Sharing preferences?
Earlier I thought it was an issue with one particular phone, but later found that I couldn't browse any of my phones.

dinesh72

Journeyman
As for TC, if within the range, the download speed is great. I've downloaded 77 mb update in just two minutes. That was great. Still range is a problem. Due to my rooms orientation, I find weak signals in my living room. Well I need to find the best position for TC. Hope it will work as per my expectation.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Really? I highly doubt that. Every single review of the iPhone 3G has lavished extreme praise on its speakers.
Not every single one of them. The following excerpt is from GSMArena

Now back to our lab to test another parameter that was touted by Steve Jobs as "dramatically improved audio" - probably meaning the iPhone 3G loudspeaker would not be as lame as the iPhone 1G's.
We tested a last-year's 1.1.1 iPhone 1G and this year's 1.1.4 iPhone 1G unit to compare them to the iPhone 3G. The 1G units performed equally in our test - they are still the quietest handsets we've tested so far.
It turned out that the iPhone 3G is an underdog too - it outperformed the iPhone 1G in almost all tests but it's still stuck in the Below Average category. When you play music through the loudspeaker for example (the pink noise test) the difference to the iPhone 1G is so small you would hardly notice it. And it's even quieter than the 1G units in the Human Voice test, which practically means you still won't get decent in-call loudspeaker performance.

They have even compared it with some other phones. Read the rest here:
*www.gsmarena.com/iphone_3g-review-272p4.php

goobimama

 Macboy
The iPhone loudspeaker (or softspeaker more like) is a shame. Can't share a video among friends cause the damn thing can't be heard. The 3G's speaker is a tad bit louder though.

-------------------------
This is for all you Apple Mail users. Check out Mail.Appetizer. Its been around for quite a while, but I just thought I'd mention it anyway. Puts a nice notification splash thing every time you get an email from where you can delete the mail, mark it read, or open it. Real slick.

*www.bronsonbeta.com/mailappetizer/images/screenshot_large.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom