The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
I think the old iPhone with 2.0 firmware is good for my taste..

1) Most new features are of no use in our country for a long time to come!!
2) WiFi is more than enough for me, I don't need EDGE or for that matter any cellular internet
3) Aluminum is solid compared to Plastic, and looks cool as well
4) Locked !! Who cares ??
5) Its legendary.... hall of famer

The keynote video is available and I have to wait till 2:30am :-(

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
You don't what ??? you don't like the new phone ?? ;-)

Heyy incase you and goobi decide to buy iPhone 3G and sell off your legendary piece, don't forget you have an negotiable offer from Me!!

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You don't what ??? you don't like the new phone ?? ;-)
I don’t have to wait till 02:30 a.m..

BTW, the keynote is now available for download on the iTunes Store.

Heyy incase you and goobi decide to buy iPhone 3G and sell off your legendary piece, don't forget you have an negotiable offer from Me!!
LOL! You think? I’m not selling it. Even after it craps out one day, I’ll preserve it somewhere. There can’t be more than 10,000 of these in the whole country. :p

@Milind, Preshit and Sunny, given that the new iPhones cannot be bought for unlocking, we can easily get the full purchase price for ours if we ever decide to sell it. :p

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Same thoughts with me too.

There are tremendous advancements in the new iPhone, but most of them are software, which our iPhones will get anyway. The only 6 hardware changes are:

1) 3G. ( Not in India, yet )
2) GPS. ( It's hard to get lost in Mumbai, seriously )
3) Plastic back ( Bah. Next ? )
4) Flushed EP jack. ( Good, but no use for me )
5) Metal buttons ( ... )
6) Thinner on the edges ( which will make it wobble on the desk if you keep it on it's back )

Other than that, it doesn't even come with a Dock.

No thanks. I love my iPhone.

-------------------------

Have you seen the Mobile me guided tour yet ? That thing is mind blowing.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Other than that, it doesn't even come with a Dock.
Oh, I just realised this too. It’s an optional accessory now.

WOW! Some major cost-cutting was needed to get to that price.

Just a matter of time!
No, it isn’t. You cannot buy iPhones without the two-year contract now, like you could before. So even though there will be methods for unlocking, it’s going to cost unlockers major bucks if they sign into contracts and then sign out before it runs out.

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
So its a No Deal, goobi can't be different either !! Poor Me :-(

I was just wondering what could be the current black market rate of iPhone in India, with talks of iPhone 3G with lesser price around ??

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It might be more than it used to be. I would advise you to buy it ASAP if you’re interested, because the price can only go up as supplies dwindle.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
For people like Milind, metal iPhone might matter. For most Indians, it's the $$$ that matter most. If you flash your iPhone casually in public, would anyone notice if it's plastic or metal case?

goobimama

 Macboy
I just love the way it goes ice cold when you leave it unattended for a while (same with the MBP I guess). I'm not selling mine. Till now I must have spent at most 800 bucks on talktime recharges, and I'm not ready to pay a monthly or whatever rate.

I'm very interested in Snow Leopard though. Looks like some good stuff in there!

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
For people like Milind, metal iPhone might matter. For most Indians, it's the $$$ that matter most. If you flash your iPhone casually in public, would anyone notice if it's plastic or metal case?
Most people would, actually. It’s pretty noticeable.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
A metal back on the iPod certainly makes it look better. I would prefer a metal back than a plastic one. It's hard, shiny, good to hold, runs a spine tingling current through you at times (if the wiring is not proper). Maybe I wasn't only talking about the iPod's backside.

My dealer in Mumbai says it's probably going to be 19500 for the next 3-4 days. After that, it will shoot up.
Shoot up? I seriously doubt that.

However, now that I am using Leopard a little more I had to find this:

iScrobller

It's a Last.FM client for sending your currently playing tracks. It is much better than the Last.FM player, it relays tracks quicker & doesn't bother you, sits quite in the back. Even on Windows I prefer using their scrobblers to their player.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Query :
=====

How do I remove voice from a video ?? Only the voice and not the music in the video, the video is in flv format and since it can be easily converted to other formats, that shouldn't be an issue...

goobimama

 Macboy
Open in quicktime pro > Command + J (Movie Properties) > Select your track whether it is video or audio > Extract > File - Save As > Have Pepsi.

getpriyanth

Broken In
hey guys,

everyone feels that the new iPhone is really cheap.... but thats not the case so.....

look at the star at the price of iPhone 3G in apple site...... of course apple was never into hidden charges stuff.... but looks like they are now...

its going sold for people who has to enter for a 2 year contract vth AT&T.... generally AT&T gives packages of 40$ a month...but for iPhone they are going to charge customers 60$...

so calculate the extra money one has to pay 20$ * 24 months.... 480$....so in total u are paying 780$........

boss its not cheap as u guys think.......

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Open in quicktime pro > Command + J (Movie Properties) > Select your track whether it is video or audio > Extract > File - Save As > Have Pepsi.

Thanks, but look at this :

*img77.imageshack.us/img77/7733/picture2mh2.png

My intention is to remove voice from video. Its a music video, it has video, music and voice of singer. I just wanna get rid of his irritating voice for good. If I delete the sound track, I guess I get a mute video, which is not what I want!

Top Bottom