The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh, I can’t believe I forgot to mention Flip4Mac. Install that, yeah, and it should fix all issues with WMV files.

-----------------

Well, the dirty secret no one tells you is that we might be a little more experienced with OS X than you are but we’re still no geniuses.

If AppleCare can’t help you, then may I suggest signing up on some Apple centric forum like Macworld, MacRumors, etc. and asking for help there. You’ll hopefully find a lot more technically capable people out there.

As for the Internet connectivity issue, weren’t you telling me how you’d figured out a solution and that entailed waiting for a few days or something?

coolmel

was here
Oh, I can’t believe I forgot to mention Flip4Mac. Install that, yeah, and it should fix all issues with WMV files.

-----------------

Well, the dirty secret no one tells you is that we might be a little more experienced with OS X than you are but we’re still no geniuses.

If AppleCare can’t help you, then may I suggest signing up on some Apple centric forum like Macworld, MacRumors, etc. and asking for help there. You’ll hopefully find a lot more technically capable people out there.

As for the Internet connectivity issue, weren’t you telling me how you’d figured out a solution and that entailed waiting for a few days or something?

that was just a guess! my 14 day period ends this friday.. but what abt the keyboard issue??? is dat valid? or no?

why are video errors like those happening??? i mean is it a problem with the graphic card or is the player giving some error?? such things shouldnt happen on new machines.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Such things in fact do happens to new machines. I hope you can get a replacement for it. Get the keyboard checked at least. Not sure what the video errors are. Could you maybe give us a link to that WMV file so we could check it out on our macs?

Also, as a general rule, avoid WMV whenever possible. I see you are watching some trailer of batman. The best place to get trailers is Apple Trailers.

@aayush: Shush!

Btw, graphics card has nothing to do with playing videos, at least on the PC. On the mac I'm not sure if QT uses hardware acceleration, but in any case, it is not of any use. The CPU is what matters. Now, 1080p videos play on my mac, so they should very well play on yours. Just that there is something wrong with something and it needs to be fixed.

Last edited:

escape7

What? Where? How?
I was thinking of buying a laptop, can i connect net to apple notebooks, using reliance/tata datacard or usb modems?

yash

I draw every day
just to announce that I'm online and on my laptop waiting for the WWDC to start. And aayush, it was nice of you to call and 'invite' me.
I told my girlfriend I have to be back by 9 because the WWDC is today. LOL.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Gizmodo, MacRumors and Macworld have already started coverage.

@Yash,
It’s my pleasure. Actually, it’s not, but what’s the shame in typing something up. :p

LOL @ Gizmodo’s latest picture: “… because Windows sucks.” :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom