The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Also, using a hackintosh kind of creates a lot of problems with apps and such. VLC has (apparently) now become more stable than when Leopard was just released.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@gauravsuneja,
You use a hackint0sh?

----------------

@Preshit,
Why can’t you do that in Transmission? Just set the upload speed to zero for the torrents you don’t want seeded.

Whatever you do, do not use Azureus though. You might as well just take a hammer to your poor Mac instead.

--------------------

Check this out. LOL! :lol

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Well, I just want to know any method that enables better torrent management for me.

Usually, what happens now is, after the torrent is added to the queue, I forget where I got it from. And it becomes tedious to find out where it came from. I mean, there's gotta be a better way to manage torrents. What do you guys do ?

I want to limit the ratio for open trackers to 2.0 and others to unlimited.

@Doctor, listening :) *cute bugs bunny smile* ?

--------------

LOL, dude. I almost fell of my chair seeing that.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You seem to have forgotten that you’re using a Mac.

Just create a duplicate copy of Transmission and use one of them for private trackers and the other one for the public ones. Simple. :)

goobimama

 Macboy
Transmission only allows one instance of the application.

@Preshit, how about setting labels? You know, label the public trackers as brown (like the brown Zune) and you can go along from there. Otherwise, if you need to find out where you got the torrent from you can always give a quick look into the inspector to see what's going on...

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Dude are you downloading 100s of torrents at a time. I've set the global upload and download speed to 180kbps and 100kbps resp. I do a lot of uploads I prefer using public torrents unless private has got a better one!!

goobimama

 Macboy
In my heightened craze for Coldplay, I found this "iPod video" of the band's single being available on iTunes. Those videos never get old do they!

*www.apple.com/itunes/ads/sonic/

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
This is how you manage your torrents in Azureus:

*img.skitch.com/20080608-d11adhaiha7cymygski1y5ywqb.jpg

1. See the share ratio. Limit the ratio for open trackers to 2.0 and others to unlimited.
2. You can pause any torrent at any time. Give priority to any particular torrent, if need be.
3. You can see the tracker URL to check if it's a public or private tracker torrent. You can rate your torrent (1 for public, 2 for private) and distinguish the torrents. The network URL also can be added in the column in the main window.

Play around with the settings here to limit the ratio of any torrent you need:

*img.skitch.com/20080608-khys464dxgkdiw2fyk92ta5a52.jpg

Disclaimer: The screenshots is for educational purpose only.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Thank you doctor. I'll go through the shots a little while later into the day :)

On an other not, does this look real enough ?

*www.engadget.com/media/2008/06/apple-iphone-v2-not-unboxed.jpg

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh, this one practically screams “FAKE”, man.

---------------------

Apple Matters’ WWDC ’08 Rumor Roundup
by Aayush Arya Jun 08, 2008

While we, as a rule, do not take much stock (or any at all) in the myriad rumors floating around in the Mac community throughout the year, we like to let our hair down every once in a while, specially in the days preceding a Jobsian keynote, and indulge in a little speculation. What follows is a summative overview of the three major rumors regarding WWDC floating around the Mac web in recent times.

iPhone 3G: This is being considered almost a given by pretty much every writer and analyst on every publication across the interwebs. Over at Infinite Loop, Chris Foresman has penned down a series of articles, shedding light on iPhone rumors of all shapes and sizes.

If the word on the street is to be believed, a 3G version of the iPhone is being launched on Monday, as surely as night follows day and Steve Jobs wears blue denims and mock turtlenecks. Apparently, it will have twice the memory, a larger screen, GPS, video conferencing and recording and wireless synching, while simultaneously being cheaper and having better battery life.

There is also supposedly going to be a second version of the iPhone, a thinner, smaller, even cheaper version with a smaller screen—iPhone lite, perhaps? Apple will also launch the iPhone software v2.0 along with the App Store.

Whoa! They call them rumors, we call them pipe dreams. It’s a near certainty that even if Apple does announce the iPhone on June 9th, it will probably only have half of the features listed above, along with a couple of new ones that no one had any clue about. Whatever happens though, it’s clear that big changes are in store for the iPhone and we can hardly wait to lay our hands on the next big thing from Cupertino. Read more…

[Via Apple Matters]

---------------

@goobimama

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Guys a little troubleshooting, I seem to have a black border for quite a few window components, like if I were to take the mouse over a drive icon on the desktop, a black box would cover the whole thing. When I open Adium's contact windows, that too is bordered in black. Quite a few other components in the System Preferences menu seem to have the same border.

Any suggestions?

Top Bottom