The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh, they are, man. MacSurfer is actually pretty well regarded in the Mac journalistic community. Congratulations! This is your second post to get famous. Maybe you should consider freelance writing for some well known Apple blog. :)

I cannot believe though, that your post on well designed Mac applications has no mention whatsoever of Delicious Library 2.0, or even 1.0. What the Hell, man! It’s the hallmark of well designed applications. It should have been the first one being mentioned.

Also, there’s NetNewsWire and NewsFire. There’s no such thing as “NetNewsFire”.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
^ :)

I realised at some point that I should mention Delicious Library, but then I thought, "hmm.... I don't feel like". Yeah I don't like the app too much.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I am having such problems deciding on which com to buy! Now I have a debte with HP Pavillion M Series, Macbook and iMac. I feel myself being pulled to the Mac side.
I'm a simple guy, I need a computer that I can use during college. I also want to know which lasts longer Mac or PC. I do not need "wow" effects

BTW feel free to join this social network on Thinkdigit Mac Fans. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16

Dear Ayyush,

you needn't tell me what is good or what is bad. Its Sunny's choice, and I fully encourage him to do what he wants with his money. If he thinks green glow keys and multi track touch pads along with white colour are cool, I have no trouble.

But please don't try to reinforce your views on macs down everybody's throat.

Aayush is only trying to help, rather than force him. Your taking this a little too far. I would actually really like for him to recommend, since he could actually help.

Notice: using mac on a non apple hardware for commertial perposes is still mostely illegal. But I am 99% sure that its completely legal to buy a macintosh OS copy and install it on your own computer and use it personally in any way.

Actually it isn't legal. Apple hates you to do that and that is why it is illegal. The CD is available just for mac users to upgrade from Tiger or OS9. But Mac must be installed on a apple device.

You can't install it on a PC because the CD has sensors and knows it's a PC. BTW you said only 99%. there is that 1%, which means ur not 100% sure.:D:D

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I am having such problems deciding on which com to buy! Now I have a debte with HP Pavillion M Series, Macbook and iMac. I feel myself being pulled to the Mac side.
If you have budget enough to purchase a Mac, you should just close your eyes and go for it.

Macs are well-built, high quality, sexy computers that run Mac OS X, Windows and Linux—at the same time, even. What’s there to lose!

Just in case you do not like Mac OS X, you can always install Windows on it. Of course, there’s no chance that you won’t like Mac OS X, so that’s hardly going to sound like a feature to you six months down the line.

Mac OS X does not slow down, hardly ever crashes (like, once in a couple of years maybe—it has never crashed on me so far), can run for months without requiring a restart, has no viruses whatsoever, has the best user interface and the best applications and is also capable of running Windows and Linux applications (via emulation) if need be. Nothing in this world is perfect but Mac OS X is the closest thing we have so far.

Ultimately, it’s your decision to make, so choose wisely. Don’t listen to anyone, including me. Even the most geeky genius you can find only has expertise when it comes to Windows, so asking them about the Mac platform is like asking a nursery student to recite a verse from the Bible. Go to an Apple Authorised Reseller if you can and use a Mac for a while. I’m pretty sure it’ll be hard to resist it once you’ve used it (so don't use it if you don’t intend to purchase it).

If a notebook is not a necessity, I would recommend the iMac. It’s the best Mac in Apple’s lineup, in my humble opinion. :)

I'm a simple guy, I need a computer that I can use during college.
What course do you have and what applications do you need to use on a daily basis?

Last edited:
Huh.back home!2mbps feels much better than 60Kbps with EDGE :mad:

Hey,are Apple Authorised Resellers or Apple Premium Resellers better?Apple premium reseller is iWorld in New Delhi which I'm going to visit on Tuesday.My Dad also wants to buy the HP wireless printer with MBP.Any use of buying it?I mean ........if it is overpriced.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Apple Premium Resellers have all the machines on display and the shopping experience is better. Apple Authorised Resellers show you the machine you want if it is available or have it brought on order. Apple Authorised Resellers generally have lower prices for the same stuff, but Apple Premium Resellers have better choices when it comes to accessories.

^^
Do Premuim Resellers have Time Capsule?If yes,then whats the cost?
And how much more will the charge than Authorised ones?

WTF!Find Local Reseller page isn't opening!

I haven't noted down the full address yet!

Last edited:
Actually it isn't legal. Apple hates you to do that and that is why it is illegal. The CD is available just for mac users to upgrade from Tiger or OS9. But Mac must be installed on a apple device.

You can't install it on a PC because the CD has sensors and knows it's a PC. BTW you said only 99%. there is that 1%, which means ur not 100% sure.:D:D
In India, you can't do such things

In India, laws forbid unfair trade practices or restricting use of products in ways which are not deemed to be fair enough. This qualifies as restricting the use of the product under terms that are not termed to be fair.

PS:

And I am not installing the CD on a PC
I am installing it on a computer made by ME, not by HP or IBM or DELL or which ever shitty company there is, so its superior to PCs and Macs.

If Apple can call their computers Macs when they are no different from PCs, so can I :lol:

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
What course do you have and what applications do you need to use on a daily basis?
I am only starting college. I want to goto Computer Science or if that doesn't work Graphics is all I need. I heard Mac is great for movie editing. I want to find a job later on making movies. Or a programmer.
Apps: internet, word(alot!) WMP11, realplayer, Skype

BTW, I took a look at the iMac. Ur right, it is really hard to resist. I also find the lowest end of the imac has a cheap price.

PS:

And I am not installing the CD on a PC
I am installing it on a computer made by ME, not by HP or IBM or DELL or which ever shitty company there is, so its superior to PCs and Macs.

If Apple can call their computers Macs when they are no different from PCs, so can I :lol:
1: You cannot make a mac, which means ur installing it on a PC. The CD has a code that has to match with the mac computer's code. And since you don't have that code you cant install it on a PC.
2: Dell, HP, IBM are making the same kinds of computer you make!
3: Macs are so much more different than PC
4: Mac OSX must be installed on a computer branded with a apple logo!

Last edited:

legolas

Padawan
How long are you guys going to keep on fighting over
1) Macs are the best/not the best
2) Mac OSX the best / Vista is the best / Linux is the best
3) Install Mac OSX on a PC LEGAL/ILLEGAL
4) Mac is/is not a PC
5) Mac book Pro is the best heaven made laptop available... Oh wait, it has another name MacTop or whatever...

Utterly sick of this fanboyism and irrational sh*t!! Seriously guys... this is nothing more than dog fight with keyboard!!

I have written about this in the whining/complaint thread... and I seriously don't understand why a good thread like BSNL query is in chit chat while this fighting thread over which company is superior (mostly its just fighting) is in the QnA!!!

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
This is why I don't bother commenting, when such discussions go on around here. People go to the world's end to prove their point.

Oh, and I'd like to know one thing. Please enlighten me on the same.
I create a topic in the Open source section asking advice on which Linux distro to use and someone comes along saying that I better use Windows, wouldn't that be unethical ?

If I ask help regarding windows, and a cat comes along telling me that Linux is better, when I am particularly wanting help wouldnt that be unethical as well?

Then why oh why, when Sunny is asking for advice related to Macs, in a Mac thread, does Someone keep saying that something from Dell is better and that would be a better choice? It would have been fine if it was a general laptop query. But when it's about Macs, in the Apple thread, why does Dell even come into the picture?

I'm sorry, but I like staying away when such discussions are taking place. Stop turning this thread into a fight club, will ya?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Exactly. I couldn’t have put it better myself.

How long are you guys going to keep on fighting over
1) Macs are the best/not the best
2) Mac OSX the best / Vista is the best / Linux is the best
3) Install Mac OSX on a PC LEGAL/ILLEGAL
4) Mac is/is not a PC
5) Mac book Pro is the best heaven made laptop available... Oh wait, it has another name MacTop or whatever...

Utterly sick of this fanboyism and irrational sh*t!! Seriously guys... this is nothing more than dog fight with keyboard!!

I have written about this in the whining/complaint thread... and I seriously don't understand why a good thread like BSNL query is in chit chat while this fighting thread over which company is superior (mostly its just fighting) is in the QnA!!!
cooldudie3 is new around these parts, so he doesn’t know how to react to posts like MetalheadGautham’s, but as you might have noticed, none of the regulars responded to his inflammatory posts. Ignoring them is the best solution we’ve been able to figure out.

For the most part, this thread is about QnA about one of the most important and influential companies in the world and its products. The entire forum is dedicated to Windows and there is a category for Open Source too, but none for anything related to Apple. What are the Mac users to do? This is one convenient thread, just one, where anyone who wants to know anything about Apple can chime in and have their queries answered. Of course, since it’s the only place dedicated to Apple in the entire forum, it sometimes veers into idle chit-chat about little things related to Apple. So what? It’s serving its purpose and it’s answering people’s questions about a technology company—if any thread deserves to be in the QnA section, it’s this one.

It’s hardly our fault that non-Mac users who have nothing valuable to contribute to the discussion keep popping in and dishing out flame-bait. What are we to do? It’s not like we can kick anyone out.

This thread is one little place on the entire forum, which has thousands of other threads, where we entertain “any and all” discussion about Apple, where Mac users can freely voice out their opinions, no matter how trivial they are, without any hesitation. Some people have suggested that it be stickied in the past, but the suggestion has always been turned down. It’s perfect as it is and all we ask is that it be left alone. Is that really too much to ask?

-----------------------

I am only starting college. I want to goto Computer Science or if that doesn't work Graphics is all I need. I heard Mac is great for movie editing. I want to find a job later on making movies. Or a programmer.
All of those are available on the Mac. No worries.

If you go into graphics, the Mac is the ideal platform. However, if you go into programming, your college will teach you Windows-specific stuff and you might have to install Windows on your Mac for that. However, you should know that Macs can run Mac OS X and Windows side-by-side, simultaneously.

Go for the iMac, if you decide to buy a Mac. :)

^^
Do Premuim Resellers have Time Capsule?If yes,then whats the cost?
And how much more will the charge than Authorised ones?

WTF!Find Local Reseller page isn't opening!

I haven't noted down the full address yet!
Anyone care to enlighten this poor child?:(

BTW ill also have to find a good applish avatar :D

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I want to goto Computer Science

the skip Mac, Computer Science means programing which means JAVA, .net programming & for these Mac OS platform sux big time. On a Mac you can program for Mac platform only or for some cross platform apps compatible with Linux.

if that doesn't work Graphics is all I need. I heard Mac is great for movie editing. I want to find a job later on making movies.

Then good, although it also depends on what application the production pipe line is working on. If it is AVID application or Adobe Premiere, then you will need to buy a Windows License & dual boot.
Or a programmer.

Again, Dual boot.

Dual boot for WMP 11

1: You cannot make a mac, which means ur installing it on a PC. The CD has a code that has to match with the mac computer's code. And since you don't have that code you cant install it on a PC.

The Mac OS X DVD has EFI & TPM inbuilt as security check which prevents it from installing anywhere else. It can easily by removed. That's how Hackintosh works.

3: Macs are so much more different than PC

Welcome to the Battle. Plz state how r they different?

4: Mac OSX must be installed on a computer branded with a apple logo!

Not required.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
If I had to upgrade my mini's RAM to 2 GB, it would cost me how much?

Where's the nearest Apple Dealer in Delhi, Vikas puri area? I am in Delhi and iPhone's EDGE is the only source of Web for me.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Guys, just go to *www.asia.apple.com/buy/ and find the Apple Authorised Resellers in New Delhi. Just this once, I’m doing it for both of you:
4 Genius Minds
"M-46, Greater Kailash - 1, NewDelhi - 110048"

New Delhi
Tel: 9811777726 / 011-41730346
Fax:
Email: aditya@4gm.in

Accel Icim Frontline Ltd
M 51 M Block Market
Greater kailash II
New Delhi 110048
Tel: 011-29219838
Fax: 011-29215493
Email: pankajb@accelicim.com

AnyThing Mac
2 Floor, 40 Yusuf Sarai

New Delhi 110016
Tel: 41755391
Fax:
Email: sales@anymac.biz/arunnath@mac.com /support@anymac.biz

AnyThing Mac (P) Ltd. (iPod, Portable and Desktop ASP)
2 Floor, 40 Yusuf Sarai

New Delhi 110016
Tel: 41755391
Fax:
Email: sales@anymac.biz/arunnath@mac.com

Avtech Digital Equipments Pvt. Ltd.
A1/292, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi - 110029

New Delhi
Tel: +91-11-41651607/08/09/10/26109274/26171871/26161806.
Fax: +91-11-26100567.
Email: sales@avtechdigital.com

Avtech Digital Equipments Pvt. Ltd.
(Showroom) R7B, Green Park Main Market,
UPHAAR Cinema Market Complex.
New Delhi 110016.
Tel: +91-11-46051344/55.
Fax: +91-11-46051366.
Email: sales@avtechdigital.com

Benchmark Microsytems Pvt LTd
"522 Devika Towers 6, Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110019"

New Delhi
Tel: 91-11-30887707
Fax:
Email: ashish@benchmarkgroup.com

Cat 5 Broadcast
"1st Floor, Near Power House Gym, 30, Houz Khas Village, New Delhi - 110016"

New Delhi
Tel: 9999616077
Fax:
Email: cat5broadcast@yahoo.co.in

CMS Computers Ltd
34A, Rear Building, Ring Road, Maharani Bagh
Kilokari
New Delhi 110014
Tel: 011-26346914
Fax: 011-26346914
Email: cmsnvl_sales@cs.com, cms_nvl@cms.com,

E-future (Unique Infoways)
103-104, Pragati House, 47-48, Nehru Place, New Delhi-110019.

New Delhi
Tel: 41617999;26445601;9810182578
Fax:
Email: jvipul@uniqueinfoways.com

Esteem technologies
"D-2 Block C, Community Centre,Naraina Vihar,New Delhi - 110028"

New Delhi
Tel: 9312258216
Fax:
Email: sudhir@esteem-technologies.com

Esteem technologies (iPod, Portable and Desktop ASP)
D-2 Block C, Community Centre
Naraina Vihar
New Delhi 110028
Tel: 011-25770680
Fax: 011-25770353
Email: "rajeshwar@esteem-technologies.com,sudhir@esteem-technologies.com"

Icon Marketing Pvt ltd
"210, A/4,Shahpurjat,New Delhi - 110049"

New Delhi
Tel: 9810134504/011-26491529
Fax:
Email: wingco@iconofindia.com

Imagine Corner (Microclinic)
Shoppers Stop Ltd. , Ground floor Near Vishal Cineplex, Rajouri Garden New delhi

New Delhi
Tel: 011 32640014 / 09810158467
Fax:
Email: tarun@microclinic.in,

Imagine (iWorld)
C Block Ground Floor Shop 01 Ansal Plaza, Hudco Place, Khel Goan Marg, New Delhi, 110049

New Delhi
Tel: 011-2626 4545, 2625 4545, 9910123123
Fax:
Email: tript@iworld.co.in

iWorld Business Solutions (iPod, Portable and Desktop ASP)
CG-01 Ansal Plaza, Hudco Place
Khel Goan Marg,
New Delhi 110049
Tel: "011-2626 4545, 2625 4545"
Fax: 011 2625 5888
Email: tript@iworld.co.in

Mac Clinic
"#31, 1st Floor,Mohammadpur, Bhikaji Cama Palace,New Delhi - 110066"

New Delhi
Tel: 9899177450/011-41859754
Fax:
Email: macsupport@vsnl.net

Mac Clinic Media Solutions Pvt. Lts (iPod, Portable and Desktop ASP)
LG-15,Somdutt Chambers 1,
Bhikaji Cama Place
New Delhi 110066
Tel: 011-24501611, 011-64706049, 9871667771
Fax: 011-26104290
Email: macsupport@vsnl.net

Micro Clinic India Pvt Ltd
"273, MASJID MOITH, SOUTH EXTN. PART II, 302 SOUTH EXTENSION CENTRE, NEW DELHI-110049"

New Delhi
Tel: 9810032205
Fax:
Email: tarun@microclinic.net

R S Two Three Two Pvt Ltd
C-112/3, Naraina Indl. Area. Phase-1

New Delhi 110028
Tel: 25892921/ 25892922/ 41029558/ 9610162028
Fax:
Email:

Radius Systems Pvt Ltd
"245 A, 1st Floor,Sant Nagar,East of Kailash,New Delhi ,110065"

New Delhi
Tel: 9810124669/011-41620696/26435057
Fax:
Email: sumeetraina@radiussystems.net

RSG Infotech Pvt Ltd
14/10 Kalkaji Basement, Near Deshbandu Gupta College, - 110019

New Delhi
Tel: 91-11-40542100,26286007/8
Fax:
Email: sanjeeb.mekap@rsg.co.in

RSG Infotech Pvt Ltd
"14/10 Kalkaji Basement, Near Deshbandu Gupta College, New Delhi - 110019"

New Delhi
Tel: "91-11-40542100,26286007/8"
Fax:
Email: sanjeeb.mekap@rsg.co.in

RSG Infotech Pvt Ltd (iPod, Portable and Desktop ASP)
14/10 Kalkaj Basement
Near Deshbandu Gupta College
New Delhi 110019
Tel: 011-26286006
Fax: 011-26286007/8
Email: anil.achary@rsg.co.in, gulshan.pahwa@rsg.co.in, sanjeeb.mekap@rsg.co.in

U C Infosystems pvt. ltd
303,304 , 2 community center
Naraina Ph -I
New Delhi 110028
Tel: Mob.: 98111-75355 , 9811153334 land lines : 011-25897522 . 011-25897551 , 011-32634889 / 91.
Fax: Fax: 011-25897302
Email: sanjeev@ucinfosystems.com

U C Infosystems pvt. ltd
303,304 , 2 community center
Naraina Ph -I
New Delhi 110028
Tel: Mob.: 98111-75355 , 9811153334 land lines : 011-25897522 . 011-25897551 , 011-32634889 / 91.
Fax: Fax: 011-25897302
Email: sanjeev@ucinfosystems.com

"U C Systems Pvt Ltd.,"
"B5/204, basement safdarjung enclave ,New Delhi-110029"

New Delhi
Tel: 9810027540/011-26712941
Fax:
Email: aktrivedi@ucsystemsindia.com

Unicorn Infosolutions Pvt Ltd
B-9, Ground Floor,
SHIVALIK, MALVIYA NAGAR,
New Delhi 110017
Tel: 011-26692322/ 26691748
Fax: 011-26691748
Email: bally@uipl.co.in, jalaj@uipl.co.in

Wipro
Wipro Infotech | Doddakannelli | Sarjapur Road | Bangaluru 560035 | Karnataka

New Delhi
Tel: 9980526281
Fax:
Email: kiran.rao@wipro.com

Wipro Infotech
1st Floor, Ratan Jyoti Commercial Complex 18,
Rajender Place,
New Delhi 8
Tel: 011-32472666
Fax: 011-25719332
Email: ecare@wipro.com , sandeep.kumar10@wipro.com, surender.sharma@wipro.com
Just call them up individually and ask for the prices and buy from whoever is offering it cheapest.

@Sunny1211993,
Like I said, call them up and ask them whether they have the Time Capsule in stock. :)

Top Bottom