The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Dude! Don't create FUD here. I love the illuminated keyboard so much that I can't live without it. I use my lappy in trains after all the lights are switched off. :p

And nothing ever comes close the screen of MBP. We've a Panasonic HDTV (LCD). My lappy kicks the ass out of the LCD!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
This just in, Apple's earphones are indestructible. Look at the comments too. It seems that they're waterproof or something.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^
Dude! Don't create FUD here. I love the illuminated keyboard so much that I can't live without it. I use my lappy in trains after all the lights are switched off. :p

And nothing ever comes close the screen of MBP. We've a Panasonic HDTV (LCD). My lappy kicks the ass out of the LCD!
:lol:

dinesh72

Journeyman
Also Keyboard feel is better on MBP than MB and speakers are great too. I feel some of the notes coming from behind me!. No restrictions on installing heavy programs. I vote for MBP.

Guys,finally I'm going to buy a MBP 15" or 17" tomorrow.I'm in Chandigarh for 2 days and doing from iPhone ,man EDGE sucks hard!I'm going to buy it from Chandigarh itself,will there be any issues?I mean will I get support in Delhi?and is there any use of glossy screen and LED.specifications will be C2D 2.5Ghz,2GB 667Mhz DDR2 RAM,8600M GT 512MB DDR3,250GB 5400 RPM.is that good enough?

Guys,finally I'm going to buy a MBP 15" or 17" tomorrow.I'm in Chandigarh for 2 days and doing from iPhone ,man EDGE sucks hard!I'm going to buy it from Chandigarh itself,will there be any issues?I mean will I get support in Delhi?and is there any use of glossy screen and LED.specifications will be C2D 2.5Ghz,2GB 667Mhz DDR2 RAM,8600M GT 512MB DDR3,250GB 5400 RPM.is that good enough?
as you are a hard core gaming PC abuser, you are better off with the

Dell XPS m7120 Gaming Laptop

which beats the MBP in almost every angle and is still cheaper

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
When you click on the eject button of a mounted DMG, how long does it take to unmount it. Mine takes over 10 seconds. However, my friend's Mac Mini takes less than a second.

//Off-topic: Ted Mosby just proposed Stella. You guys still watching ?

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
I've been running Photoshop CS3 Extended on MacBook for 2 weeks now and boy its like running butter on bread!! Its absolutely fantastic, so MacBook should definitely be a good buying option.

goobimama

 Macboy
I don't know why there's always heat against the macbook. It is an awesome machine. The CPU is fast, the memory is fast, the hard drive. Only thing missing is a graphics card which is useless unless you want to do some gaming or well, pro work. I would take the macbook's size anyday over a 15.4" Macbook Pro. Part of the reason why I'm more inclined towards the MBA :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I just vastly prefer the anodised aluminium enclosure, both it terms of functionality and looks.

Guys,finally I'm going to buy a MBP 15" or 17" tomorrow.
Congratulations, man! First the iPhone and now a MacBook Pro—I see a “macboy” in the making. :p

I'm going to buy it from Chandigarh itself,will there be any issues?I mean will I get support in Delhi?
Every Apple product, except the iPhone, comes with a standard global warranty of one year. Buy it from anywhere in the world and it will be supported by Apple regardless of where you have it serviced. So yeah, no issues in buying from Chandigarh and getting it serviced in New Delhi.

is there any use of glossy screen and LED.
Buy the matte screen, not the glossy one. If you have a matte screen, like mine, you can sit in front of a brightly lit window and work on your machine. On a glossy screen though, the glare becomes too much. Glossy screens look better and the matte ones function better. Choose your poison. LED backlight, from all that I've heard so far, is better than conventional backlighting in every respect.

specifications will be C2D 2.5Ghz,2GB 667Mhz DDR2 RAM,8600M GT 512MB DDR3,250GB 5400 RPM.is that good enough?
You don't need to mention the configuration. They don't come in several different versions or anything. :)

------------------

People are lining up in front of the New York Apple Store to get the iPhone v2.0, rumoured to be released on June 9th. I can understand the excitement for the world's first iPhone, but for a mere rumour of an upgrade to the existing iPhone? Seriously!? This is insanity. :lol:

Last edited:
@Gautham,I don't have a good experience with gaming laptops and moreover,I don't wanna buy yet another lappy.if I ever wish to play games,I will always have bootcamp:D

@Ayush,I guess matte is the default one .Is it?And what is the model no. Of the MBP I mentioned above?

drgrudge

^^
Glossy is the default one, AFAIK. Both my lappies are glossy and I like them that way.

Matte Vs Glossy is like Usability Vs Performance. Both are good in a way but it depends on your needs.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It's Aayush. :)

I guess matte is the default one .Is it?
I'm not sure. When I bought it, I got the matte screen by default but Ashwin got the glossy one. So I guess it varies.

Matte screens are better, dude. The colour reproduction is accurate and they're far less reflective than their glossy counterparts. Apple Cinema Displays are all matte and the MacBook Pro has the matte option because it is Apple's professional notebook. MacBooks and iMacs don't even have the option. The matte screen is one of the reasons why people ditch the MacBook in favour of the MacBook Pro. It's up to you but if I were you, I would look beyond the shiny exterior and buy what is more usable.

And what is the model no. Of the MBP I mentioned above?
You so need to get trained with the Apple philosophy. Apple does not differentiate between products using myriad confusing product numbers and codes. There's the 15-inch MacBook Pro and the 17-inch MacBook Pro. Choose one of them. That's it. No messing with numbers and configurations and options. :)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Ah.. coming to screens, MacBook's screen has the worst viewing angles. If you adjust the screen and look straight into it, you can watch HD movies in their full glory, but once you move your head or tilt the screen...... you don't see a thing!! But, since I am the only one using my MacBook, I have adapted to it very well and it works perfectly with me, so no complains!!

drgrudge

MBP doesn't have that problem. The viewing is perfect from 30 degrees to 150 degrees.

@Aayush,
Recently (Penryn Proccy Generation) only Glossy was the default LCD of MBP. Even when I brought my MBP, it was matte only. I ordered glossy as I watch a lot of movies, TV Shows, photographic freak and stuffs. Glossy suited me more than Matte.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
[Macworld] The end of the world (Absolutely must read, specially for goobimama, iMav and preshit.net.)
read it, but seriously what's with the delay in publishing? BTW who ever says that Apple is going down anytime soon is a fagot.

This just in, Apple's earphones are indestructible. Look at the comments too. It seems that they're waterproof or something.
Indestructable ?
is there a prize for proving the statement wrong ?
how much more can a company lie ?
@Gautham,I don't have a good experience with gaming laptops and moreover,I don't wanna buy yet another lappy.if I ever wish to play games,I will always have bootcamp:D

@Ayush,I guess matte is the default one .Is it?And what is the model no. Of the MBP I mentioned above?
mbp CAN'T game, so be careful.
its better to pay 3.8k + 3.8k and buy and install leopard and iLife in a virtual machine

and if you already have a gaming laptop, go for the basic mac book. Its the most VFM mac book

about "I don't want to nuy yet another lappy" part, macbook is yet another lappy :p
to buy something "different", instead of mbp get mb basic and eee pc. two hot oddballs in your pocket. :cool:

goobimama

 Macboy
Even my iMac has some excellent viewing angles. The new 20" iMac however has some horrible viewing angles (actually its a horrible display. Period). And you all know my stance on grapes.

I vote for matte. However, those Glossy displays do have something about them that make you go....ahaha!

Indestructable ?
is there a prize for proving the statement wrong ?
how much more can a company lie ?
Company didn't lie. They didn't say anything. This is one blogger doing what he does best, blog.

mbp CAN'T game, so be careful.
its better to pay 3.8k + 3.8k and buy and install leopard and iLife in a virtual machine

and if you already have a gaming laptop, go for the basic mac book. Its the most VFM mac book

about "I don't want to nuy yet another lappy" part, macbook is yet another lappy
to buy something "different", instead of mbp get mb basic and eee pc. two hot oddballs in your pocket.

The MacBook Pro has got a decent video card. So yeah, it CAN game. The MacBook is NOT a gaming machine.

And if you didn't read correctly, he said he didn't want to buy yet another 'gaming lappy'. That is, a laptop specially bought for gaming.

Last edited:
Top Bottom