The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Removed the dead image. Anyway, I worship you for this dude. That trick is amazing. And HD movies don't need any other codecs to play. They recognise as h264 files. Nice.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Upgrade to the latest retail build then. Yours is quite buggy. :)

Edit: I'm sorry for the goof-up!

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Oh and btw, I was right about the Command+Shift+4 thing which I mentioned earlier. You can't move the box around by pressing the spacebar... the feature is new to the spotted cat...

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
About the Transformers movie.....
I got its DVD and saw it yesterday night and boy I loved it and kudos to creative genius of hollywood guys!! And yes it was really a great feel to see a Mac running (on batteries and not part of that Lan ;-) ) when there was a complete blackout and nothing seem to be running not even the landlines!!! The only complain that I have about the movie is that the Robots cannot be be neatly observed and sometimes I got confused in differentiating between the Autobots and the Decepticons in that final battle!! But no complains at all. Waiting for its sequel!!!

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@DARK LORD
you are right !!! There is no fun in marrying now .... you see Mrs Drew Barrymore, Mrs Madonna, Mrs Aishwarya Rai Bachchan!!! LOL

goobimama

 Macboy
Yep. There comes a time when the screen size doesn't seem to matter. I personally don't like watching movies at the theatre. I only go if I really want to watch the movie and waiting six months for the DVD will be too painful.

Btw Jamessy, your 'apple' icon is still not showing. Nice question mark btw.

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
goobimama said:
Btw Jamessy, your 'apple' icon is still not showing. Nice question mark btw.

Ha ha ha ....
I still don't have internet on my MacBook !!! and btw can I not do the thing from firefox in Windows !! I will have to wait for couple of months to get broadband from bsnl!!! Also which is more funky Mac Maniac or MacBond

yash

I draw every day
ok, so just a few minutes ago, I was downloading files and saving them directly to my external drive, and the computer kernel panicked. I had to reset my macbook pro. and when I came back, most of those files i downloaded turned out to be corrupt. I had to re-download almost 1 gig! this blows!

goobimama

 Macboy
From Tuaw:
As noted in our recent (bad) little things about Leopard post, the dynamic Stacks icons are a bit of a pain. Basically the Dock icon for a Stack automatically changes to reflect whatever is first in that Stack (based on how it is sorted, by name, date, etc.). A clever Japanese user came up with a beautiful work-around for this annoyance with these lovely drawer icons, which is nicely explained for us Japanese-challenged folks here.(*t.ecksdee.org/post/19001860)

The idea is pretty simple. The icon pack features 18 custom drawer folders, and you just place whichever one you like in the Stack you want prettified. Then using a simple terminal command you change the date modified for that folder to well into the future (2020). Now when you sort the folder by date modified, the custom icon folder will always come up first and so give your Dock this great effect.

Pure genius!

narangz

Web developer
yash said:
ok, so just a few minutes ago, I was downloading files and saving them directly to my external drive, and the computer kernel panicked. I had to reset my macbook pro. and when I came back, most of those files i downloaded turned out to be corrupt. I had to re-download almost 1 gig! this blows!

You mean you got something like BSOD?

goobimama

 Macboy
You mean you got something like BSOD?
BSODs give you hope that there might be some miracle (which never happens) and you will get your files back. Kernel panic is a neat (but extremely scary) popup that tells you that nothing further can be done and you need to shut down your computer by pressing the power button (shown in 6 languages).

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer
goobimama said:
BSODs give you hope that there might be some miracle (which never happens) and you will get your files back. Kernel panic is a neat (but extremely scary) popup that tells you that nothing further can be done and you need to shut down your computer by pressing the power button (shown in 6 languages).

Means its similar :)

praka123 said:
kernel panic is rare and BSODs are common.thats the difference

Buddy to tell you the truth I use Windows. Currently XP & Vista. I remember I got 1 BSOD in XP before XP's SP1 was released after that it never happened to me. In Vista I never got any BSOD. These BSOD's are generally a result of bad drivers. But you can't have 3rd party hardware in Mac, I guess. So what's the reason for that Kernel Panic?

Top Bottom