The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

The UI font in Windows Vista is Segoe UI which looks anti-aliased whether you ahve system wide clear type enabled or not. I use standard smoothing but still all the text of icons, Menus, notifications are Segoe UI & Anti-aliased. We don't need font smoothing on clear type in Vista for CRT Monitor.

For LCD monitor, it is advised to turn on Clear type which further enhances how Segoe UI looks on an LCD Monitor for the UI.

For IE 7, you can set individually clear type for web pages. I don't like it so I have it disabled. On a LCD Monitor, I do use it :).

Have a look at this screen shot. I have "Standard" font smoothing enabled but still segoe UI font is not aliased. Who needs it? I increased the font size for icons to make it look distinguishable in the screen shot.

*img379.imageshack.us/img379/9127/icontexthv6.jpg

praka123

left this forum longback

LCD thingy needs something called sub-pixel rendering- there may be some option in prominent OS's to enable that!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

praka123 said:
LCD thingy needs something called sub-pixel rendering- there may be some option in prominent OS's to enable that!

Although this thread is not about Vista, but Cleartype provides sub-pixel rendering by default when Vista is installed with cleartype atuomatically enabled.

On a CRT Monitor, it is not required due to Segoe UI font used in the UI. I disabled it.

On LCD Monitor, it is already there by default on installation

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!

ahoy!!

there goes the thread again last time it was name-calling now what next !

peace

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

infra_red_dude said:
since its directed at everyone which includes me! i'm replying here... i jus mentioned about this particular case and haf not blamed MS for it.

anyways, guys sorry for my post. no more off topic posts from my side :)
I usually respect your intelligence but I do believe this post and the previous one were very silly. You were trying to reason with, of all people, gx_saurav! What's wrong with you?

:lol:

OK, there is this one bug in Mail that never ceases to annoy the Hell out of me. When you drag an email address onto Mail's icon, it creates a new message with the email address in the body of the mail. WTH! Shouldn't it create a new message addressed to that email address!

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

aryayush said:
I usually respect your intelligence but I do believe this post and the previous one were very silly. You were trying to reason with, of all people, gx_saurav! What's wrong with you?
naah... jus clarifying my stand to remove any ambiguity and thanking him for the info which was not known to me (about IE). it never hurts to say ThanQ :)

guess my fren will soon be getting his hands on ipod touch. he can't wait to buy that. he had no interest in iphone. but he's suddenly very excited about the ipod touch!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Anand (mail2and) is also buying an iPod touch.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

I hope divX support in hacked iPhone touch is not far away. Just let us install Perian on it cos its Mac OS X after all & the ability to use it without iTunes & this will be my prefered PMP.

Oh well....I won't say anything about W960i in this thread though :D

Pathik

Google Bot

But wats the point buying a ipod touch wen u can get a 8gb iphone 4 $399??

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

iv been trying to say the same thing over and over again but members feel taht the ipod touch is for a different purpose and will be available here sooner than the iphone

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

pathiks said:
But wats the point buying a ipod touch wen u can get a 8gb iphone 4 $399??

are whose buying it :D. U do know I m seriously biased towards W960i

Pathik

Google Bot

Arey i meant that to infra and anand.. Btw yea w960 ftw

goobimama

 Macboy

Well for one, you get an 8GB iPhone minus phone for $300. The iPhone is a whole $100 away.

Secondly, you are LEGALLY required to sign up to a contract, which brings the actual price of the iPhone to somewhere around $1800.

Thirdly, its the first multi-touch display (by apple at least) shipped outside of the US.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

pathiks said:
Arey i meant that to infra and anand.. Btw yea w960 ftw
dunno buddy, i'm not buying it. my fren is. and thats why i'm suprised too (as i said abt him in my earlier post).

but ppl here in india are obviously more excited about ipod touch coz that'll be here sooner than the iphone. thats what i believe.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...

@ gx : U listen to pussycat dolls??:D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

When you order an iPhone online, Apple actually sends you an email titled, "Your iPhone is coming. Time to get ready."

How cool is that! Who comes up with these ideas! Philly?

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!

gx_saurav said:
*img379.imageshack.us/img379/9127/icontexthv6.jpg

^^^ pussycat dolls !:)):)):)):)):cool::cool::cool::cool:

:rolleyes: what next PINK????

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

^^^ what, i just like the song PussyCat Dolls : Buttons. Whats the big deal in listening to a girl band? I also listen to Avril Lavigne & Enrique

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!

hell yeah you can man ..remember dude last time the name calling issue begun with silly matters !

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

@arya ... i read somewhere that the mouse pad on a mac book has only 1 click:

1. is it true
2. if yes then how does 1 right click

Top Bottom