The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

very difficult ... we're talking about os x and not windows :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

goobimama said:
I hope there's iSight support in there...I mean, how difficult can it be!
No, there isn't. :(

Not even voice chat yet. It will be in the final version though.

(Of course, by the time it comes out, you will probably only be left with some grandchildren to have a conference with!)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

aryayush said:
Oh, I know that but you were talking about iPods in your post.
Hmm... they're still selling the old generation of iPods. These ppl dont even know that Apple had launched new products.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

^^ hardly any1 knows ... thats why we are called geeks :D

drgrudge

Did ya guys see this?
To all iPhone customers: Open Letter
*www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

We have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store.

iMav -
Happened many times with me. I for most of the times (over 95%) decide what I want b4 I go to the shop to buy the stuffs. Sales staffs are most of the stores are pathetic and mostly get pwned if they try to act smart with their sales talk with me. :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Sales staffs are most of the stores are pathetic and mostly get pwned if they try to act smart with their sales talk with me

Thats why they should hire people like u, me, zeeshan, imav who know about both Windows & Mac :D...unlike arya, andy, nepcker who only know about Mac.

I found this, the funniest software installation I have ever seen

*img207.imageshack.us/img207/6122/softrj1.jpg

Lolz...I added those Text caption myself though...demonstrating what I meant. :D

drgrudge

gx_saurav said:
Thats why they should hire people like u, me, zeeshan, imav who know about both Windows & Mac :D...unlike arya, andy, nepcker who only know about Mac.
Man! :lol: I know almost nothing in OS X, as yet. ;)

And for me... working there sucks. Have you ever worked in conditions like that?
Seriously sucks. Personal opinion.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

gx_saurav said:

I found this, the funniest software installation I have ever seen

*img207.imageshack.us/img207/6122/softrj1.jpg

Lolz...I added those Text caption myself though...demonstrating what I meant. :D
LOL! No offence, but it was funnier without the text. And I think most of us are smart enough to understand stuff without needing a demonstration from the master of both Windows and Mac!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Oh! just like Apple, I made the things simpler for users.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

goobimama said:
I hope there's iSight support in there...I mean, how difficult can it be!
I'm sorry, I made a mistake. iSight support is indeed there. It was there in the previous version too. :)

The Mac family, on the first page, has now been updated.

Warning for goobimama, avoid that page. :p

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

GarageBand experience:

My brother's band wanted to make a demo recording to give to hotels and such to get shows. So they thought they'd practice perfectly, get all the things right and finally go to the studio and make the demo. So during this practice session, they decided to just make a rough recording with my iMac.

The end result, using just garageband, was so amazing, that they've since decided to can the studio recording and go with recording it on my Mac! I must say, the sound is so good, that it compares with another recording made by my friend's band in a studio...

And I never really worked with Garageband that much, but adding new tracks, and editing, mixing was so easy, that I had finished post-production within fifteen minutes...

@aayush: I'm not so heartbroken any more. I find that my machine is more than capable of running all my tasks very well. I don't expect any sluggishness of any kind. And if I WANT to use the new iMac, I can use the one at the Apple store for unlimited amounts of time (+free wifi internet)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Your signature is so spot on. I love it! Same goes for me. :)

goobimama

 Macboy

I hope you are seeing the Apple logo in the siggy... a previlege for mac users (and safari for windows).

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Of course I am. My orkut profile has this written:
"If you cannot see the symbol within these brackets (), you are using a stupid computer. If you can - congratulations, you are the proud owner of a Mac!"

LOL! :p

Here it goes, for good measure:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

I hope you are seeing the Apple logo in the siggy... a previlege for mac users (and safari for windows).
You mean, something like this :D

*img48.imageshack.us/img48/6577/appledc3.th.jpg

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

****! What crap is that? Look at the fonts. Why are they so ugly, thin and almost broken? I see that sort of font rendering in cafés on Windows 98 PCs. I'd assumed that they'd be much better in Vista. But this sucks! How do you live with those fonts?!? Bleeagh!

Look at the attached images and compare for yourself.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

gx_saurav said:
You mean, something like this :D

*img48.imageshack.us/img48/6577/appledc3.th.jpg
lol... guilty conscious!!! :D :D :D why do u feel that you need to defend the point that you are not on a "stupid" computer and u prove that by a screenshot!! :)) :)) :lol: haha.... all FF users can see that, dude...

goobimama

 Macboy

@aayush: Why do you trouble gx so much? He had to go around hunting all over to find the proper font/whatever just so he could take that screenshot..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
****! What crap is that? Look at the fonts. Why are they so ugly, thin and almost broken? I see that sort of font rendering in Cafés on Windows 98 PCs. I'd assumed that they'd be much better in Vista. But this sucks! How do you live with those fonts?!? Bleeagh!
Font....how did font thing come up in here? Why are u deviating from the original thing. U said we Windows users can't see the Apple logo in Windows & IE 7, ahem.....I just pwned u. :D

About the font thing. I have Cleartype disabled in IE 7. I don't like it. It is there by default in Safari & cannot be disabled whether I like it or not.

goobimama said:
@aayush: Why do you trouble gx so much? He had to go around hunting all over to find the proper font/whatever just so he could take that screenshot..
Yup just download a Windows version of the font & rendered the page in Unicode cos Windows cannot have this font included due to license restriction of Apple which prevents MS from bundling it.

Looks like not a privilege that only Mac users can enjoy :D

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

In safari its called Font Smoothening...and its default looks much better than those fiddle sticks that IE just put out...

Top Bottom