The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

aryayush said:
It was introduced on 7 August 2007. Pretty old news. :)

Well we did discuss about wireless keyboard's from Apple in this thread , I guess you were not aware about it at that time or did I miss any thread where this was posted? :p

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Next products to be updated:
MacBook and Might Mouse.

These are the only ones left with a completely non-metal look.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

Wow! They've mad these iPods, music to ears, eyes and wait a minute... to wallet as well!

Microsoft reduced the price of Zune to $200 ($150 if you know where to buy the stuff :p). Things should be getting a lot interesting...

GITEX is opening today in Dubai. The second biggest electronics showcase/exhibition after CES, Las Vegas. Would be interesting to see how these ppl manage to sell the old generation iPods. :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

They don't. Apple recalls older hardware and recycles it.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Attention to detail™

:D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Latest from Fake Steve:

Remember the magic?

*bp1.blogger.com/_pNJFZtinpKY/Rt_t1MbwobI/AAAAAAAABwY/KPS20cgFi1I/s400/scoble+at+apple+store.jpg

Remember how excited you felt when you left the store and the Apple employees were cheering you and you felt like the king of the world, the coolest guy on the block, because you were first -- not second, not third, but first -- to obtain the precious God Phone? Because you cared enough to wait in line for days? And okay, now you realize the real reason why those Apple employees were cheering for you -- and why they were kind of snickering at you too. Now you're freaking out, thinking some jackass blogger is going to re-use this photo and put some caption on it like this: "Look at me! I'm a moron! I'm an iTard! I paid $600 for this phone and waited in line for days, and now they're practically giving them away!"

Okay. I guess maybe you feel dirty. Like you went out with some hunky frat guy and you slept with him on the first date and then he never called you back. Right? You feel used. You feel stupid. Like you got tricked. Like you're not really that special after all. And now the honeymoon is over and you're realizing that yes, the screen is cool, but the keyboard sucks and the call quality blows and it's really not that good as a phone and the EDGE network is useless and the battery runs out in two hours and AT&T customer service is non-existent and you don't really use it much anymore and you almost feel embarrassed when you take it out in public and so, at the end of the day, what have you got, really? You've got a big heavy object that screams, "Hello world! I'm a pretentious, fad-chasing dipshit!"
Read more...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Arya Please use the edit button.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

arya if the iphone wud have had an indian launch on the same day ... i wud uv put up ur pic with that caption on every bloody forum iv ever visited

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Charan said:
Arya Please use the edit button.
Well, I'd not known that it would not automerge the posts, like it generally does.

I just noticed one great thing about Mac OS X (though I've been using it for over a year now). You have different columns with individual scrollbars on one window with a universal horizontal scrollbar too and all are active at once. So you can use your mouse (or trackpad, in my case) to scroll 360º at any time. Finder and Mail are good examples. It is really awesome and I don't think I've seen such an implementation on any other OS.

Here's a screenshot:

*img259.imageshack.us/img259/8003/picture1dg2.th.png

Notice that there are three active scrollbars.

goobimama

 Macboy

Use it all the time in Photoshop....

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

windows has a horizotal scroll for its windows ;)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

aryayush said:
They don't. Apple recalls older hardware and recycles it.
Are you sure? I read in Engadget that the 4GB iPhone costs only $299. $200 off deal till stock lasts...
*www.engadget.com/2007/09/05/apple-killing-4gb-iphone-299-while-supplies-last/

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

iMav said:
windows has a horizotal scroll for its windows ;)
:lol: Ha! Ha! :lol:

@goobi,
I think you got it wrong too, like iMav here. I wasn't referring to the fact that you have 360º scrolling in Windows. That is a very basic thing and every OS has that. The fact that you have individual columns with individual scroll bars in Mac OS X and all are active at the same time is amazing.

drgrudge said:
Are you sure? I read in Engadget that the 4GB iPhone costs only $299. $200 off deal till stock lasts...
*www.engadget.com/2007/09/05/apple-killing-4gb-iphone-299-while-supplies-last/
Oh, I know that but you were talking about iPods in your post.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
The fact that you have individual columns with individual scroll bars in Mac OS X and all are active at the same time is amazing.

An Isolated feature of Mac OS X which cannot be used on any other OS due to a patent Apple is holding

praka123

left this forum longback

aryayush said:
Here's a screenshot:

*img259.imageshack.us/img259/8003/picture1dg2.th.png

Notice that there are three active scrollbars.
Gnome DE in UNIX* have this type of view.(not 100%)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

gx_saurav said:
An Isolated feature of Mac OS X which cannot be used on any other OS due to a patent Apple is holding
OK. This has reached the limit now. Show me the patent application. Or any article confiming your statement. Or even tell me the name of the feature, because you need to have an official name to be able to patent something.

Why do you keep pulling stuff out of nowhere? What are you trying to prove? Even if this is indeed patented by Apple, so what? :lol:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
OK. This has reached the limit now. Show me the patent application. Or any article confiming your statement. Or even tell me the name of the feature, because you need to have an official name to be able to patent something.

Its called Column View & search on WikiPedia if you wanna know about patent. I don't work in patent office so I can't show & don't have time either

Even if this is indeed patented by Apple, so what?

It cannot be used on any other OS, so yeah, this simple thing is good on a Mac

goobimama

 Macboy

Hey please stop this fighting. I don't want this thread to be locked again...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Yeah, OK.

Reply to my email.

*img161.imageshack.us/img161/8161/yahoomessenger3beta2cu0.png

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

I hope there's iSight support in there...I mean, how difficult can it be!

Top Bottom