The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

praka123

left this forum longback
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

^who is on the right? Dell?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

^^ its Dell XPS 410

praka123

left this forum longback

Expression through Arts :D

goobimama

 Macboy

Awesome wallpaper dude! And thanks for not making it a tiny little 1024*768. Already set it on my PC as well as Mac. Actually, maybe I should do a My PC vs My iMac wallpaper. It would look....must better than that :)

Hey you mind if I post this somewhere (my blog maybe?). I'll give you full credit of course.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but aren't the reflections looking a bit out of place..?

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

y o y wud u want to show a dell desktop so clunky like that on ur wall paper yaar ..... they do look a lil out of place but they arent its coz of the way the image is ...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

Today is Sept. 5! It's speculated that the new Generation of iPod is going to be launched.

By the way, I've posted the first article about Apple in my blog: 5 Reasons why an Apple MacBook Pro is Better than a Laptop :D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

^^^ Today!!! ho ho .... lets see if the speculations are true or not. BTW grudge.... any apple events today?

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

^^ today there is an apple event ... where in some new releases are expected ...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Hey arya, that Dell Desktop isn't in the same price catagory of iMac. Why don't u add some dell desktops to the wallpaper which are actually as costly & in the same level as iMac. I m sure u overlooked, so i m giving u some similar dell desktops to add in your wallpaper.

*www.notebookreview.com/assets/8878.jpg

*dodevice.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/dell-xps-720-h2c-edition.jpg

Some Alienware for your wallpaper.

*www.cnet.co.uk/i/c/blg/cat/desktops/predatorblack.jpg

So when u talk about something, talk about both the sides equally.

In Mac OS X you cannot change the curser theme within the OS itself. Mac doesn't give the user any ability to change the look & feel of Mac OS X, not even a basic thing as the cusors.

To change the cursors U need to buy a software for $10 called Mighty Mouse after which U can select from some pre-made Mouse themes but still cannot use your own custom cursors like arrow from one these while Busy cursor from another them.

Mighty Mouse is a haxie, means the future is uncertain with leopard as inputmanager are removed from Apple which gave the ability to use haxies.

Last edited:

drgrudge

Charan -
Yeah, the meet is called: "The Beat Goes On" (10AM PDT; 9PM Abu Dhabi; 10:30PM IST).

You keep tab, the best is to follow the live blogging going on at
1. Engadget
*www.engadget.com/2007/09/05/steve-jobs-live-apples-the-beat-goes-on-special-event/

2. Gizmondo
*gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/liveblogging-the-beat-goes-on-event-sept-5th-10am-pdt-296275.php

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

it was not him who over looked but rather jobs and his creative team who did ;)

goobimama

 Macboy

*img517.imageshack.us/img517/2366/codaex2.jpg

I stumbled upon this app about two weeks ago, Coda by Panic software, and I must say, I haven't used dreamweaver since! The interface is so slick. The one window thing works great and is clutter free. And since I usually code by hand, its lack of wizzywig doesn't get in the way.

Anyone wanting to do some stuff in HTML/CSS on a mac should give this amazing app a go...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Some more PCs Arya can use for his Wallpaper

LG XPION

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/09/lg-xpion-a10-3.jpg

*www.engadget.com/photos/lgs-xpion-a10-wakes-up-wet-to-design/382147/

goobimama

 Macboy

------------------

I just saw that "We'll be back soon" sign posted by Apple India. When all over the world apple is using Sans Serif, they go ahead and make it look like the 90s...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Yeah, I noted that too. Ugh!

Look at Ashwin. The guy's not even tried Mac OS X yet and he's already all set to follow live blogging of Apple events. Way to go, man! :p

Milind, thanks for the appreciation. What is wrong with the reflection thingy and how to correct it? (And if you are on devinatART, leave a comment. That's not a request. :D)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

gx dont take the pains ... ignorance and blindness know no limits if jobs took an image for his presentation then thts the competition ;)

well i hope the new ipods are a new design and not based on the current 1s and i hope they have back light for the keys

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

One thing I forgot to mention. That iMac in the wallpaper costs on Rs. 64,000.

So stop comparing it to the Alienwares... which still look crap compared to it and the setup would be just as cluttered as it is in the wallpaper. Only now, you'll have a huge number of superfluous and distracting "headlights" to contend with!

drgrudge

aryayush said:
Look at Ashwin. The guy's not even tried Mac OS X yet and he's already all set to follow live blogging of Apple events. Way to go, man! :p
Lol.. yeah! Honestly in the past, I didn't give a damn about all this, but for the first time now I'm all set to know what's up! :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
So stop comparing it to the Alienwares... which still look crap compared to it and the setup would be just as cluttered as it is in the wallpaper.

Thats it, no more comparison of PC vs Mac ever. Arya has proved his stupidity yet again.:D

goobimama

 Macboy

Funniest thing happened the other day. My brother's friend came to my place, and they wanted to copy a DVD. The Vista PC of course froze in the middle of writing and one DVD was spoilt. But that's beside the point (routine stuff eh!). So they came in to my room to burn on my iMac.

During writing the guy asked me how much such a display would cost. From where I told him that it was the entire computer, there was no box behind it. He couldn't believe me. "No way". Then he literally starts searching all over the room for the dibba. Then he traces the cables back to the UPS to the power socket. "Okay, what's the trick!?!" he asked! I couldn't stop laughing!!!

Top Bottom