The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

Apple "Special Event" on the fifth of September, by the way. New iPods. :D

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/08/appleinvite.jpg​

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

^^ yup its being said that based on the image as it features a guy with an ipod ther will be new ipods announced ...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Cover Flow in the new iPods, and therefore widescreen, is a given.

goobimama

 Macboy

Go Aayush! Let it all out! Finally I'm going to visit the forums again. Other internet boards give a crappy experience. You can't recognise any of the other users and feel very alone. Glad to have this thread reopened.

And aayush, pat on the back, for harassing Nimish and also that quicktime volume trick.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

My first post on this thread as the official fanboy of Apple Macs :D I'm buy an Apple Macbook Pro within a week or so. :D

Regarding the Sept. 5th event, Apple had reduced the rates of iPods and giving free iPod with Student's discount so it's the new iPod. Engadget already was reporting this...

P.S: A word of warning. I'm watching this thread. Please, we don't want to have personal attacks or any sort of name calling.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Here is the thing. As long as iPod has no support for DivX/xVid, it will cater to a niche market only. It takes lots of time to convert video to iPod format & on top of that....that format requires quicktime to play in any computer (H.264)....the only thing Apple has left is a good UI which is selling, but damn...sauce on the screen while scrolling through video in Mcdy..thats gross.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

aryayush said:
OK, this is pure drool-inducing sexiness!

*img411.imageshack.us/img411/463/01lh0.th.jpg
(I think Milind is going to kill me for testing his patience... :p)
personally, i think the old folder icons were better and brighter. the new ones look sick!

sorry for hijacking this thread :D but cudn't help post screenshots of my desktop.....

*img292.imageshack.us/img292/5676/screenshoted7.th.jpg

*img444.imageshack.us/img444/315/screenshot1av9.th.jpg

*img241.imageshack.us/img241/395/screenshot2ni9.th.jpg

gx_saurav said:
Here is the thing. As long as iPod has no support for DivX/xVid, it will cater to a niche market only.
and i'm sure you kno the "size" of that "niche market"!!!! the ipod has a brand value attached to it and "that" is what makes it sell rather than "what codecs it support and what it doesn't".

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

the video converting part is a pain in the a$$ believe me u can still work with itunes to transfer ur music but converting videos and then transfering is a very harassing thing to do :(

@infra: no lin boys allowed only os x users :lol: and thats what we have been trying to say that the ipod sells coz of the half eaten apple at its back and not coz of the features it ahs (actually it has none)

@grudy ki dhamki: the 4 of us here are well above each others name calling ;)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

@ grudge

we use indirect names, not real names like Macboy, Salesman, Virus, the mod & GX :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

^^^ lol... :D

offtopic: plz don't brand me a linboy. if i can be called as a linboy then i ought to be called as a winboy too. coz i use windows as much as i use linux :)

goobimama

 Macboy

You guys are sick. Always getting into these fights. Can we please have some peace in this newly reopened thread?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Yes, we can. (If you follow the word of advice in my last email. :p)

As good as Mac OS X is, it sometimes does some unexplainable stuff too. Look at what happened to my iTunes Mini Store suddenly yesterday:

*img380.imageshack.us/img380/4155/itunesministoreqd9.th.png
It has never happened before and a relaunch fixed the problem.

@infra_red_dude
Though most people on the Internet agree with you, I personally don't. Though I've always loved the look of Mac OS X, I hate the folder icons in Tiger. Leopard's icons look better to me. But like I said, most people on the Internet hold the opinion that these icons suck.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

hmmm... ayush, icons in particular are not bad.. its the color combo. i prefer bright icons to dull ones. wud be better if an icon theme or jus the option to change colour combo is included out of the box, esp. since those kinda folder icons haf been there since a long time.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Fake Steve's latest:

"iPhone is also creating some demand for support and it's not always stuff we can control since one hundred percent of the problems are created by AT&T. Rest assured we have already come up with a plan to address this -- a massive new ad campaign called "Support" which will depict our Apple geniuses and Apple phone support weenies dancing around in silhouette while answering calls and dealing with frigtarded customers and generally seeming way cooler than you or anyone else ever will be. These people will look so cool, and our whole support experience will seem so fun, that you'll want your Apple device to break just so you can deal with our support infrastructure."

:lol: :lol:

And he made his best post ever a few days ago. I'll post it as soon as I can find it.

Update: Here it is - My Lunch with Fester.
If you haven't, do read it. Highly recommended. Best post ever! :D

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Both the icons of Leopard & Tiger sux....these are real icons for Mac OS X

*img123.imageshack.us/img123/8791/iconsat7.th.jpg

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Here is an awesome quote from TUAW:
"My biggest fear when getting my first Mac was that I didn't want to become an elitist Mac snob - they drove me crazy. But now I realize it's not their fault; when your computing platform is so noticeably better than Windows, it's hard not to get a bit full of yourself."

Exactly what I've been saying for quite a while.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

a quote form ur link

"Because the people who are crazy enough to think
they can change the world, are the ones who do." - billy g rules

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Cover Flow in the new iPods, and therefore widescreen, is a given.
Oh, you mean a touch screen based Widescreen PMP which plays music & Videos....hmm...iRiver Clix, Cowen D2, Samsung yp p2...
Damn, Apple is always late in the game, but never leaves there smug attitude to say they invented everything....

*cache.gizmodo.com/assets/images/gallery/4/2007/08/medium_1114324188_6b22a4d0f2_o.jpg

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

offtopic: now i know who's ur GF wid whom you'd been "busy", GX.... :D :D :D haha....

gx_saurav said:
.....Damn, Apple is always late in the game, but never leaves there smug attitude to say they invented everything....
and where did they say that they invent it? i think its foolish to speculate and fight over something which has neither been officially announced nor launched!

but the samsung device sure looks sexy :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

ok coming back to os x ... partiallyt downloaded torrents in windows using utorrent can be continued in os x using utorrent in cross over ...

Top Bottom