The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@superczar
Congrats!! Don't you think resizing those images to 640x480 will do good to all ??

Query:

My brother has iPhone 1G with 1.1.3 firmware. Its unlocked and jailbroken. Now what happens if I update it to 2.1 firmware via iTunes ? I don't want to pwan it, just update it to latest firmware. Will I loose the unlock and jailbroken thing if I update ?

P.S.
I hope I didn't breach any rules of this forum as my query isn't related to unlocking iPhone. In case I did, I need a lifeline :)

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
That new macbook looks mighty good. But I guess I have to stick with my old MBP...
No-one interested in forum?
-------------------------------------------------------
@jamesbond007:
There have been alot of ?s about this. I think he will lose jailbroken thing. 2.0 software is like totally different.

yash

I draw every day
I don't know what to say.. this is a nice, warm, fuzzy,familiar place. But after reading ehmac.com which is a canadian mac users forum.. i think there should be something for indian apple fans..

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I don't know what to say.. this is a nice, warm, fuzzy,familiar place. But after reading ehmac.com which is a canadian mac users forum.. i think there should be something for indian apple fans..
smokingapples.com is a nice blog with an Indian perspective. This forum welcomes anyone with any perspective though.\

This thread is deviating quite a bit. Though the talk of avatars make me want to make one.
------
Did anyone try smcfancontrol? I used it for a long time to control my fans. It's awesome for overheating Macbooks and MBPs and MBAs. Though it's quite battery eating.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
If you guys are up for it, we wouldn't mind hosting a forum "just for us" :) (I think it be a great idea. Was suggesting that to the boys myself. Doesn't have to be big.)

superczar

-n00b-
That's a great idea.
Even the Pinoys have their own Apple board *www.philmug.ph/

meanwhile, The Apple Care guys called up today and gave me the following update:

Had it been an In-warranty repair under their international coverage, they would have been able to process it immediately

However, a new and DOA system under intl. coverage is a little complicated (Since they need to replace it with a new system altogether) making the process longer than usual and may take some time.

They would however try to expedite the process and get me a new replacement ASAP . The good part is I get to retain the existing machine till the process is completed :)

Anyway, I guess I'll play around with this one while they arrange for the replacement machine

yash

I draw every day
Preshit, boss, Hazel is messing with me again! I recently upgraded my hard drive, and had cloned everything from my old one onto the new HDD. And now, Hazel can't seem to match any rules if the 'Movies' rule is activated. Why do you think that is?

For those out of the loop, Check this out. Someone bought a macbook air off of ebay and got a prototype model that was made in may 2007! *forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=601953

Last edited:

superczar

-n00b-
While I wait for the replacement to arrive, I got a smashing deal on the 3 year protection plan for the MB
It normally costs approx 12K/$250
However, it is usually available on ebay just south of $150
Now I had this 10% off coupon which was stackable on Microsoft's live.com 25% discount
I ended up getting the ACP for 145 - 25% - 14.5 = $94.25 :D

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^^ Hazel has never failed on me, why don't you create the Movie rule again and see and then we can think about the rest of the rules.
I was able to restore Hazel rules without any problems.

yash

I draw every day
no go. I think its the use of 'kind' property that is making it go haywire for some reason. if I use extension, all the rules work.

And I just visited the homepage and realized I am missing from the users list. when did I get kicked out?

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Is it possible to setup Mail on Leopard so that it downloads only unread mails when it runs for the first time ? I have a huge mailbox and do not want old mails on my machine.

superczar

-n00b-
Which Mail service Pat?
For Gmail, I just went to Gmail (Web) preferences and enabled POP3/IMAP access for mails fro current date onwards

Top Bottom