The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@tarey_g

Those images that you've posted are very heavy in size, you should had set low res, dpi and posted them here.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Uh… cut out all the crappy discussion guys.

Thread reported.*

---------------------

No No, I am talking of the illegal ones, the ones that are brought to a country, unlocked and jailbroken. Lets go back to a couple months before iPhone 3G released. In that time how'd your US friend get an iPhone for you ??
The original iPhone didn’t require you to activate it at the store itself and signup for a two-year contract before taking it along with you. You could buy it, come home, plug it into your Mac and activate it via iTunes. So people used to buy it from the U.S., unlock it using unauthorised software and then ship it to various parts of the world.

----------------------

*Yeah, right! Just kidding. ;)

goobimama

 Macboy
Green Peace is here. None of this offtopic stuff here please. The thread is already too big as it is without your nonsense.

Now, has anyone tried Glims for Safari? If you haven't, don't. Stick to inquisitor. Has all these little enhancements that make Safari look ugly. Which is no good.

Why would you need Adobe CS2 to write a book ?
It was set (aka designed, layed out, all that) in CS2 on a Mac. The author moved from a Quark Express PC setup cause InDesign and the Mac makes the whole process much better.

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Oh now I got cleared. So iPhone could be purchased at shop like anything else but to use it you needed to get to AT&T. The phone were purchased in US and brought to other countries. With iPhone 3G ,you'd need to buy as well as get AT&T contract right at the stores. So cleared. Thanks Aryayush!!

Recommended App: NoobProof
-----------------------------------

In my previous post this little piece of app got unnoticed!! NoobProof is a tiny app that works in conjunction with Mac OS X Firewall. Basically it does the job of Allow/Deny internet access to Mac OS X services as you can see in the screenshot :

*img110.imageshack.us/img110/466/picture1to4.jpg

Remember in Leopard it is not possible to port forward unless you use a third party app. Atleast that is what I've figured. I remember doing the same in Tiger without any third party app. While this is one story, this NoobProof is not recommended unless and untill you mess with your Network Settings as much as I do. I use Stealth Mode in Firewall and I like every app/service to ask me if it need to connect to internet. This is not Paranoia, its just that I like Firewall stuff :)

I hope I am not causing any flames, but I have a general question directed towards mac users:

WHY do mac users tend to prefer Transmission over Deluge for BitTorrent use ?

Reason for question: These two are the most popular clients today outside windows world which is dominated by uTorrent. But in linux/bsd arena, they are almost neck to neck in popularity, unlike the way they are in mac world.

goobimama

 Macboy
Deluge site said:
OS X

OS X port is provided by the good folks over at Mac Ports

Once Mac Ports is installed, you can then install Deluge by simply:
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install deluge

This is why.

goobimama

 Macboy
Why would a Mac user want to install something that is none native, that needs weird ports opened up and sudo something done when there is a perfectly good torrent client available?

Transmission has a really well designed Cocoa interface, completely native to Mac, and it integrates really well with the system. I have never used Deluge so I can't say if it is good or bad, but from the looks of it, it looks like uTorrent (only Linux screenshots available everywhere).

Give me one good reason why I should not use Transmission.

Top Bottom