The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

yash

I draw every day
I think VisualHub has also cropped the video to be no larger than 480x320. iTunes does not do that, so you can have one copy for both the iPhone and your Mac.

In other news, I just bought (actually bought) Acquisition Pro for about Rs. 1,500. I hate LimeWire and Java and just couldn't take it any more.

wow man. that's more than I've ever spent on software.
I wanted to ask u guys with iphones, have u tried fring yet? I used to use fring on my nokia E60 and it served me as a good IM client for all protocols and also enabled me to take calls on gtalk and skype. tho I can't say much about the audio quality, I think it was my connection..
I tried the chat and noticed that the textbox where one would type, is black and the text is black so its not visible before you send it.

goobimama

 Macboy
Who was it that said the stocks widget only update US stocks? Here I am tracking BSE, Sesa Goa, and Birla all with charts and everything! This phone is freakin' awesome!

yash

I draw every day
I need to know how much a airport extreme base station would cost in mumbai. I need to buy one for my home. Because while I was gone, my room was given to my niece. and the internet cable and modem is in that room. But I still want internet access 24/7 and preferably wireless N. if it comes with 500 gig storage, even better. haha!

yash

I draw every day
Why not get it from the States? The Extreme costs 12k. The Time Capsule costs 15.5k (official price).

because I don't have time to go to the states. My flight is on the 20th.

another question. I remember there was this wonderful file upload widget from a file hosting/sharing site. I just had to drop my file on the widget and it would be uploaded to the server, and I could give the link to anyone to download.
I know there are a couple other widgets that do it with ftp, but I don't have an ftp server.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, I don't. Third party widgets don't work on my Mac, remember? :(

wow man. that's more than I've ever spent on software.
Yes, this is the most I've ever spent on software too. It was an impulsive decision, which I'm kinda regretting. I have lifetime upgrades though, so that's good.

I wanted to ask u guys with iphones, have u tried fring yet? I used to use fring on my nokia E60 and it served me as a good IM client for all protocols and also enabled me to take calls on gtalk and skype. tho I can't say much about the audio quality, I think it was my connection..
I tried the chat and noticed that the textbox where one would type, is black and the text is black so its not visible before you send it.
It is supposed to be very buggy right now and there is a distinct lag in the audio transmission. Therefore, I decided to give it a skip. I'm not too big on VOIP anyway.

If there is no tab open, then it won't show the tab bar.
It will. When no tabs are open, just hit Shift-Ctrl-T, or go to 'View >> Show Tab Bar'. Now it will never hide the tab bar unless you specifically ask it to.

You can right click a link and hit "Open in New Tab".
You can drag a link to the tab bar to open it in a new tab.
Or, the best way is to just keep the Ctrl button pressed while clicking on the link. It will open the link in a background tab. :)

cooldudie3 -
1. Make links open in Tab instead of Windows:
Open Terminal and enter this:
defaults write com.apple.Safari TargetedClicksCreateTabs -bool true
He isn't a Mac user.

Did anyone check out the Engadget Awards 2007? Apple has raked in a lot of them (obviously!).
LOL! Apple has won in practically every category they compete in. :D

You know what I love most about the iPhone? You just come in, sit at your desk, put the iPhone into the Dock and it synchronises automatically, take the earphones out, the music stops, and plug them into your Mac. It's all so automatic and hassle-free. Apple is an absolutely mind-blowing company. Anyone who does not have an iPhone can't quite experience what digital convergence and simplicity is all about. This is quite possibly the best gadget ever made.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/03/iphone-firmware-2-0-hands-on-22.jpg

WTF! The featured icon is the same as on the app-tap installer. Was this always the icon on installer with Apple blindly copying it?

goobimama

 Macboy
----------
Safari updates to 3.1.1

What's wrong with Apple! I almost installed this software when I saw the 'You will need to restart once the update is done' message. I guess I'll update it in a day or two then. :|

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, more and more updates seem to be requiring restarts these days. Someone at Apple has been mingling with the Microsoft folks a little too much, I guess. :p

The Featured icon is the standard one for all applications on the iPhone. It's Apple's icon.

yash

I draw every day
do any of you use numbers? do you know how to enter text on the next line in the same column? because when I press enter, it exits that cell, goes to the next one.

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@arya

Wow thats one of the best Avtaar I've seen. Yes, he has terrorized his opponents and mesmerized his followers.

But did you make that one ??

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, I didn't. It was made by some Gizmodo reader for a Photoshop contest. :)

The one I'm using now has half Laden and half Jesus. It's awesome! :D

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^^ It sure is!!

From macosxhints.com
Remember that you can drag an icon to the Terminal window and it will insert its path, making this even simpler!

Now that is too good!!

Last edited:

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
cooldudie3 -
1. Make links open in Tab instead of Windows:
Open Terminal and enter this:
Quote here

2. Tab Button
Just double click in the empty space in tab bar or use cmd-t
Uhhhmmmm....
I don't have terminal because my com is Windows
Do u guys have anything else to suggest?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
*asia.apple.com/buy/

If only I has a rupee for every time I've given out that URL, I'd be able to recoup the cost of my iPhone by now (any excuse to insert the iPhone into every post, basically :p).

-----------------

Uhhhmmmm....
I don't have terminal because my com is Windows
Do u guys have anything else to suggest?
Didn't you read my suggestion? It's the best one available on Windows.

yash

I draw every day
In the latest episode of south park, stan has a imac in his room! and they even show the safari page cannot be displayed screen.

even the screen of a yoshiba computer that peterson is using seems to be running safari. they also talk about the apple store and ichat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom